Westworld (HBO)

When Maeve had them attacking each other, i was flashing to Robocop III when they made the Ninja-Bots attack each other. Once again they used music incredibly effectively, that slow version of "Paint it Black" was incredible.

When Maeve had them attacking each other, i was flashing to Robocop III when they made the Ninja-Bots attack each other. Once again they used music incredibly effectively, that slow version of "Paint it Black" was incredible.

”Paint it Black” was the same music used in season 1 during that same basic scene...the one where Hector rolls into Sweetwater and shoots the dude after he says “That’s the sheriff’s horse you SOB.” Pretty cool how they did that.

Re: HBO gives us a "Westworld" remake as a series!

I was rewatching the second episode of the season, and I think I may have discovered a RIS Battlestar Galactica reference. I could be very wrong on this, but at the start of the retirement party flashback, just before we see Dolores playing the piano, we follow behind a blond woman in white (and we learn all the hosts are dressed in white). From behind, with the hair style and color, the host we follow has a very striking similar appearance to the Cylon Model Six and all of her copies. I could very well be wrong, but it would be a nice littler Easter egg if it's true (as both shows are dealing with artificial intelligence battling against humanity).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EXACTLY what my wife and I thought. The beginning of that scene was straight out of RDM's cinematography playbook from BSG. Definitely a nod to Six, if it wasn't in fact Tricia Helfer as an uncredited actor for the scene.

Last edited:

EXACTLY what my wife and I thought. The beginning of that scene was straight out of RDM's cinematography playbook from BSG. Definitely a nod to Six, if it wasn't in fact Tricia Helfler as an uncredited actor for the scene.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that. It took me on my second watching of the episode for that comparison to come to my head.

I was rewatching the second episode of the season, and I think I may have discovered a RIS Battlestar Galactica reference. I could be very wrong on this, but at the start of the retirement party flashback, just before we see Dolores playing the piano, we follow behind a blond woman in white (and we learn all the hosts are dressed in white). From behind, with the hair style and color, the host we follow has a very striking similar appearance to the Cylon Model Six and all of her copies. I could very well be wrong, but it would be a nice littler Easter egg if it's true (as both shows are dealing with artificial intelligence battling against humanity).

I noticed the exact same thing, i was like "Hey it's Caprica Six"

Opening scene tonight blew me away, wasn’t expecting that at all!!

The preview for next week expanded on it and got me wondering if he was ever real to begin with.

I noticed that Delores was a tad surprised with how Teddy was acting now. Does this mean she didn't realize what was going to happen to him and didn't realize how drastically it would change him.

That theory above is an interesting one and not out of the realm of possibility...but I think there's a reason for the widescreen bars used for the cinematic effect of the Cradle. It would be kind of pointless to have that effect to show you when we're in and out of the Cradle, if we've been in it the entire time with Bernard.

The Cradle is where all narratives are tested before they're allowed into actual rotation, so I think we're seeing the right info.

For Bernarnold, you see in the preview for next week that he has a ton of clones, the same way James Delos had. How ever many it took for him to reach consciousness. Being that Dolores was Arnold's first creation, I believe Ford is using her to bring Bernarnold to consciousness. I think while William was working on Delos, Ford was working on consciousness transfusion himself in secret (clearly). He found it out before William did and kept it for himself. I wouldn't put it past Ford to have had Arnold's consciousness uploaded before he had Dolores shoot himself.

My real question is; Who the heck is controlling the Ghost Nation?? It doesn't seem like Ford's work. Could be, but if feels like another hand is in it. Ford seems to be killing the guests left and right, while the GN is protecting all guests they come in contact with.

Last edited:
For Bernarnold, you see in the preview for next week that he has a ton of clones, the same way James Delos had. How ever many it took for him to reach consciousness. Being that Dolores was Arnold's first creation, I believe Ford is using her to bring Bernarnold to consciousness. I think while William was working on Delos, Ford was working on consciousness transfusion himself in secret (clearly). He found it out before William did and kept it for himself. I wouldn't put it past Ford to have had Arnold's consciousness uploaded before he had Dolores shoot himself.

That's what I've been getting out of those sequences...after Arnold killed himself, Ford used Dolores to "train" the Bernard host so that he'd act the same way as Arnold. The voice that Dolores uses in these sequences has been the voice she has always used when she's not in any character...and it's not the voice we've heard her use at all since she's been "awake."

CelticRunis said:
My real question is; Who the heck is controlling the Ghost Nation?? It doesn't seem like Ford's work. Could be, but if feels like another hand is in it. Ford seems to be killing the guests left and right, while the GN is protecting all guests they come in contact with.

I've been wondering that as well. The "leader" of the Ghost Nation guys, the one they refer to in the episode where they take Emily to him as "The First of Us" or something like that, is the same guy that was in the scene where they first show Logan the hosts at the party, where they tell him to guess which one of them is a robot.

I've read that we'll end up learning a lot about him in an upcoming episode...so I'm wondering if he has also become conscious of what he is but thinks that killing all of the humans isn't the right way to deal with all of this??? I'm not sure, but that's one of the mysteries that I find really intriguing.

I think I might have to work late tomorrow night, so I might not get to see it until really late...boooo!!!!

At least this year my wife has been staying up to watch it with me, instead of me having to secretly watch it and pretend like I haven't seen it when we would watch it together the next day.

My head almost exploded with all that was going on. For once though you knew exactly what timeline we were in and they even told us when they went back a bit. Next week looks like a really interesting episode.

I think I can only take so much more of slow panning shots circling Bernard while he stares intently and slowly removes his glasses...

I think I can only take so much more of slow panning shots circling Bernard while he stares intently and slowly removes his glasses...

I dunno...I think it works with the hellish limbo that he's in. Not quite at the brink of consciousness as he's constantly being controlled by Ford to do horrible things, because that's what Ford believes brings all hosts to consciousness. But he made Bernard in Arnold's image with Dolores' memories of him. Bernard always begs Ford to not let him harm another person. Arnold was much the same way, in that he refused to open the park because he realized that Dolores was different already. Ford disobeyed him and tainted what they had. Thus forcing Arnold to commit suicide, as he couldn't deal with the fact that he was putting new creatures of his own making, under such horrible pain.

It would be nice to see Bernard be the first host to reach consciousness without harming others out of the control of Ford. As Ford was causing his suffering by forcing him to do things he never wanted to do. Much the same way Ford forced Arnold to open the park and harm his hosts.

Man, I was sure the Man in Black was dead...like, dead-dead.

That would have been the most shocking thing I've seen in a TV show in a while.

He sure seemed to take a LOT of damage...enough to make me quickly kind of wonder if he's actually a host??

This episode was awesome. It was nonstop from start to finish, and did a great job of sticking to one story so it didn't end up having really anything in it that was confusing at all.

I knew that she was going to live...but I REAAAAAALLLLLY wanted Dolores to use that bone saw on Hale. I'd have loved that.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back