Game of Thrones

I enjoyed that season finale.

One question.

In the book didn't Jaime tell Tyrion about his wife which helped make him.........a tad madder when confronting Tywin?

And I thought he was quite mad at Jaime when they parted because of that.

One question.

In the book didn't Jaime tell Tyrion about his wife which helped make him.........a tad madder when confronting Tywin?

Yeah, they cut all that out from the show. Some book purists claim that because the showrunners love Tyrion so much that they will go to great lengths to "whitewash" his character. They take away a lot of the things that make him a bit more morally ambiguous in the books.

One question.

Tyrion asked Jamie about Tysha and was it really true that she was a ***** as their father said and if the whole thing was setup. Jamie admits that he was told by Tywin to tell Tyrion she was a ***** and was paid to have sex with him. Tyrion is outraged at this lie since that meant she was not in fact a ***** and that Tysha had genuinely loved him. All this time he had been duped into thinking otherwise. This makes him furious at Jamie and he swears he will make them all pay. When Jamie asks Tyrion if he killed Joffery, Tyrion lies and says he did to get back at Jamie. They basically part ways at odds. When Varys is leading Tyrion past one of the secret tunnels he asks where that goes. When he find out it is the tower of the hand he says he will be right back. He saw Shae in Tywin's bed and that just drove him mad. Then what happened next was pretty much how it went down in the book and the famous line

.."Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, sh * t gold".

***** huh can't say the other word for ho?

I liked the Brienne and Hound meeting. I think it was a much cooler exit for the hound and a cooler story for Brienne

Also hugely surprised to see Jojen Reed killed off considering he is still alive in the books (albeit rather sickly)!

Also hugely surprised to see Jojen Reed killed off considering he is still alive in the books (albeit rather sickly)!

I'm guessing that means he has no real part to play in the books otherwise you'd think they'd keep him around in the show. That was pretty shocking for me as I've always really liked the Reed kids. I also always felt like their father still might show up in the books to clear up a major mystery, but maybe not.

Great episode, and I really liked the fight with the corpses. I do wish they'd kept the dialog about Tysha, but it worked as it was. I guess my only real disappointment was not putting in the stone heart reference. I guess that can wait, but it would have made an awesome cliffhanger..

Great episode but I thought for sure it was going to end with another scene (those who read the books know the one....). Personally, I didn't miss the dialogue about Tysha. I prefere the current dynamic between the brothers and that kind of soured it.

Great episode, and I really liked the fight with the corpses. I do wish they'd kept the dialog about Tysha, but it worked as it was. I guess my only real disappointment was not putting in the stone heart reference. I guess that can wait, but it would have made an awesome cliffhanger..

I don't remember the stone heart reference from the books; what was it?

I don't remember the stone heart reference from the books; what was it?

In the epilogue some random Frey men get caught by the Brotherhood without Banners and Lady Stoneheart sentences them to death.

So yeah, between that scene missing and the whole Tysha bits excised (including the one line I was dying to hear) they made a lot of cuts I'm bummed about. Guess they can't give Tyrion too much nuance in the show. Also bummed that they didn't finish off Jon's storyline for book three, but there wasn't enough time for that I guess with everything going on. And yeah, guess Jojen's not important at all in the books now given that.

I did like the Brienne vs Sandor fight, not a bad change. It at least gives her something to do besides walk around aimlessly.

Spoilery questions for the book readers.

First question:
Is Tywin actually dead? The first shot was kinda low, and the second one seemed to go into his shoulder. I know he fell unconscious and seemingly dead, but is this more obvious in the books?

Second question:
Does the Hound die there of his wounds in the hills? Or does he crawl away and survive like I'm suspecting?

And here's a general spoilery comment:
Despite not having read the books, I have read the Wikipedia entry for The Mountain's death. In the books, he dies slowly and painfully of the poison from Oberyn's spear. I wonder if the show will retain this detail, or if that doctor guy is going to Frankenstein him into some kind of abomination.

Spoilery questions for the book readers.

First question:
Is Tywin actually dead? The first shot was kinda low, and the second one seemed to go into his shoulder. I know he fell unconscious and seemingly dead, but is this more obvious in the books?

Second question:
Does the Hound die there of his wounds in the hills? Or does he crawl away and survive like I'm suspecting?

And here's a general spoilery comment:
Despite not having read the books, I have read the Wikipedia entry for The Mountain's death. In the books, he dies slowly and painfully of the poison from Oberyn's spear. I wonder if the show will retain this detail, or if that doctor guy is going to Frankenstein him into some kind of abomination.

1) Yes, Tywin is dead.

2) The Hound is left to die, but as his death was not specifically described, his ultimate fate is uncertain.

3) Yes, Gregor Clegane does die from the poison, but current theories hold that a new member of the Kingsguard, Ser Robert Strong, might just be the reanimated corpse of Gregor Clegane.

the corpse stuff was cool, pretty much like the book except for Jojen. Kind of disappointed we never saw cold hands though

I'm guessing that may be a cliff hanger next season (assuming they include it for all we know it may not be important enough to the overall story). The way I think it may go down is with Brienne and Jamie meeting her like in book 5

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back