Rey's Saber contest winner announced

Re: Rey's Saber contest Voting page. Contest ends today please vote

YOOHOOO!!!

I can 't control myself!!
I WON! :love

And I'm very happy.

I will put up a build thread and post a link here.
Thanks for voting for me and thanks the nice words said for my entry.
GREAT JOB and CONGRATS :cheers

GREAT JOB and CONGRATS :cheers
Thanks kevin926 and to Drew Baker for a fantastic comp
nice work to everybody for very ingenious builds
and to the deserving winner roygilsing I’m raising my glass to you sir :cheers it’s not beer as I don’t drink alcoholic beverages but a nice cup of British tea :lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks @kevin926 and to @Drew Baker for a fantastic comp
nice work to everybody for very ingenious builds
and to the deserving winner @roygilsing I’m raising my glass to you sir :cheers it’s not beer as I don’t drink alcoholic beverages but a nice cup of British tea :lol
you should be proud. This was your first custom and it sure didn't look like a first. I am excited to see your future projects.

On the next build “ saber on a staff “ I’m going to cut the end off mine and stick it on a 4 foot stick :$

you should be proud. This was your first custom and it sure didn't look like a first. I am excited to see your future projects.

Thanks
I’ve done a couple of flashlight sabers but nothing enjoyable and as detailed as this, I’ve loved every second of it

i contest (2).jpg
this was mine. I didn't' really keep a build log. Total scratch build from pvc. .I used some model pieces up around the emitter, wrapped the grip, made a d ring holder. Added some wires for effect. I wanted to do more around the emitter but I was running out of time. It would have looked bad if I missed out on my own contest. This actually is based off a staff. It's 2 inches longer than normal.

View attachment 801662
this was mine. I didn't' really keep a build log. Total scratch build from pvc. .I used some model pieces up around the emitter, wrapped the grip, made a d ring holder. Added some wires for effect. I wanted to do more around the emitter but I was running out of time. It would have looked bad if I missed out on my own contest. This actually is based off a staff. It's 2 inches longer than normal.
why don’t you now add to it what you wanted to, you now have time, it would also be nice to see it as you would have wanted to see it finished

why don’t you now add to it what you wanted to, you now have time, it would also be nice to see it as you would have wanted to see it finished
I might keep an eye out for a piece to go on top of the emitter.or I might just build a new emitter all together. My time has become extremely limited

Just to make it clear .....

I voted for M as that was the saber that looked to me as if could be build by Rey, as that was the theme of this contest.
But there were a lot other sabers i would have voted for if the question would have been different (best ingenuity, best concept, best looking, best use of parts, ....., and some more).

My congratulations to Roy. And to all the others: You havn´t won this contest, but yours might still be a saber with the potential to win a contest if the theme was different.

Congratulations to everyone who entered and facilitated this contest. A special "job well done" to Bengrim09. I found the entire experience thoroughly enjoyable. I also would like to thank the voters who took the time to provided their decision-making process, whether it was for only their winner or for for each entry. Now that the contest is over, I would like to hear the same type of commentary from the builders who have the time. I plan to provide my own in the next couple of days.

My entry was "A". Too bad for me the voting public kept scrolling down the thread to see the competition..

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back