Road of the Dead

Agreed. It really lost me in the last one, when they started learning how to do things, use , weapons and the line about "finding their own place" or whatever it was...

Could be worse I suppose. We could end up with zombie refugees.

March of the Dead? Trail of the Dead? Immigration of the Dead?

In all seriousness, I don't think Romero knew just how much he lucked out with Night of the Living Dead. It's been acknowledged many times before that it only took on social connotations by mere coincidence. When Romero started intentionally looking for social commentaries to make, that's when I think his films suffered. And yes, I'm talking about Dawn and Day of the Dead onward.

Never been into the whole zombie craze.
"Night of the Living Dead" is a masterful movie, though.
The only genuinely scary zombie movie ever made, in my opinion.

This looks and sounds like Romero is trying to capitalize on the success of "Fury Road".

Sounds like a bad made for SyFy show. I wonder if he will do, wait for it......Zombienado!!!

Land, Diary, Survival? Nah. Can't beat the original trilogy though. But apparently Romero is only producing it. I just hope they stay out of cgi-blood/gore/zombies this time. Can't stand it. Makes everything feel cheap.

March of the Dead? Trail of the Dead? Immigration of the Dead?

In all seriousness, I don't think Romero knew just how much he lucked out with Night of the Living Dead. It's been acknowledged many times before that it only took on social connotations by mere coincidence. When Romero started intentionally looking for social commentaries to make, that's when I think his films suffered. And yes, I'm talking about Dawn and Day of the Dead onward.

Dawn is still a kick-ass movie that was made for peanuts, and regardless, he still invented the "modern zombie" genre. I think he's made a lot of bad films but some good ones as well, more so as a writer after the trilogy.

Agreed. It really lost me in the last one, when they started learning how to do things, use , weapons and the line about "finding their own place" or whatever it was...
Maybe they could even start a world war.

Sent from my Hewlett Packard 48G using Tapatalk

Yeah that last film was HORRIBLE!

There was talk about bringing him on TWD to direct untill he started bad mouthing it. :unsure

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back