Me-8d9 build

Here is good link with some closeup photos of the costume

https://www.flickr.com/photos/44005369@N05/albums/72157659254893404

Wow man, that's exactly what I needed, thanks. I'm actually modelling the whole suit right now for more of a long term build and these shots are perfect. Good thing I hadn't done too much coz many of the details are visible for the first time.
There are obviously a few C3PO steals...the fingers/pistons are almost identical, and the knee joint is the same rotation mechanism. I should be able to mod my threepio files for these

I think there might be more, it was a Force Awakens display for Bloomingdale's.

I knew I had one more, saw the actual shoes used when somebody was doing another SWFA cosplay

12605360_954495494626102_6308138704649162944_o.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks again Rotwang...

So, this should be the final posting for this build, but; I now have to re-do the eyes in light of new reference pix, gratefully received, and, I am going to model and build the whole damn suit.

So the final stages of the head...

PvtRpXUh.jpg

Gave her a good gloss 2K black/clear coat which looked pretty cool anyway

apYUsgNh.jpg

Then applied the Hydrochrome chemicals. Didn't come out that great but I only needed a base shine to come through

71hvfWZh.jpg

8IQssOQh.jpg

Added all the brass greeblies, etc.. mostly from carburetors and boilers. Added the eyes I'm using for now. She has a tube coming out of the back of her head so I used that as my power supply...And TA-DA!

ZsrtoRsh.jpg
4Bc35pGh.jpg
mYtB8Q2h.jpg

Thanks for the sizing tip Mark

Attachments

• PvtRpXU.jpg
    PvtRpXU.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 86
  • PvtRpXUh.jpg
    PvtRpXUh.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 60
  • apYUsgNh.jpg
    apYUsgNh.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 8IQssOQh.jpg
    8IQssOQh.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 77
  • 71hvfWZh.jpg
    71hvfWZh.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 63
  • ZsrtoRsh.jpg
    ZsrtoRsh.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 4Bc35pGh.jpg
    4Bc35pGh.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 64
  • mYtB8Q2h.jpg
    mYtB8Q2h.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Looks awesome! I love it. :thumbsup

If you're using the Insert Image button and From URL, you have to make sure you un-tick the box where it says "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" - that should stop it becoming a thumbnail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys. So it's back on with this build again.

Even though I have pretty much completely modelled the body of ME-8D9 to print, I have decided to try a different approach...just a bit bored of going through the same process of printing and glueing and finishing etc, so, I'm going to attempt to make the body by cladding a mannequin with foam to achieve roughly the correct shape, cover that with Modroc and then use Resin/Bondo to carve out the details

IMAG1778.jpg IMAG1780.jpg IMAG1779.jpg

As you can see I've just got the very basic shape done, so on to the body filler

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back