Wonder Woman

I've got high hopes for this one. After the let down of BvS and Suicide Squad this could be DC's first good movie in their shared film universe. (Not counting Man of Steel since it was ok not great)

I agree there are many examples where folks can misjudge the quality of a film or actor in advance of a film's release. I was underwhelmed with the GotG trailer but absolutely loved the film when I saw it.

For the record, I have to say I was spot on about my disdain for Michael Keaton as Batman. I've ranted about it before so I'll spare you the diatribe. He sucked. I also think Jack Nicholson completely phoned in his performance as The Joker.

I do have preliminary concerns about Gal's performance and of the writing based on this trailer. I accept that I could be completely wrong, but why is it inappropriate for someone to express initial impressions?

Its funny how you and I can agree on so much EXCEPT the 89 Batman stuff, it baffles me. I do like the homage to Superman the movie in here with the bullet deflect, but Im confused about WW's powers. Is she basically a female Superman(strength, invulnerabilty etc) cause if so, why does she need the bracers to deflect stuff? I was watching Justice League unlimited, and she was taking hits from powerful foes, but then still blocks stuff with the bracers. Why doesnt she just let it hit her, or use her hands etc for bullets and stuff she KNOWS wont hurt her? Can someone explain please?

Cus its something they did when she was created and its prob staying just for the sake of it being part of her character even if she doesnt need it anymore.

Its funny how you and I can agree on so much EXCEPT the 89 Batman stuff, it baffles me. I do like the homage to Superman the movie in here with the bullet deflect, but Im confused about WW's powers. Is she basically a female Superman(strength, invulnerabilty etc) cause if so, why does she need the bracers to deflect stuff? I was watching Justice League unlimited, and she was taking hits from powerful foes, but then still blocks stuff with the bracers. Why doesnt she just let it hit her, or use her hands etc for bullets and stuff she KNOWS wont hurt her? Can someone explain please?

non PC warning:

Bullet_Bounce.jpg

Last edited:
Uh oh.. you just offended a bunch of tight wads by posting that ;o)

But yeah,

I think it's just become a part of her character and it makes a neat visual.

Well I can conceive how having super strength and being bulletproof don't necessarily go hand in hand. Sure she's impervious to extreme blunt trauma but a supersonic pointed projectile is essentially a miniature spear. And isn't she supposed to be vulnerable to sharp/pointed weapons?

Well I can conceive how having super strength and being bulletproof don't necessarily go hand in hand. Sure she's impervious to extreme blunt trauma but a supersonic pointed projectile is essentially a miniature spear. And isn't she supposed to be vulnerable to sharp/pointed weapons?

Correct. Diana’s primary vulnerability is weapons that were designed to pierce skin. So no random pointy sticks, but spears, bullets, arrows… yup.

Correct. Diana’s primary vulnerability is weapons that were designed to pierce skin. So no random pointy sticks, but spears, bullets, arrows… yup.

Are they going with her origin that she was shaped from clay? Or generic daughter of someone origin? Anyone know?

Are they going with her origin that she was shaped from clay? Or generic daughter of someone origin? Anyone know?

It sounds like they’re maybe going with a combination of the two? In the SDCC trailer, Steve asks about her father and she replies with “I have no father. I was brought to life by Zeus.”

Which… eh. I mean, it sucks that it isn’t Hera that grants Hippolyta her daughter like in the comics, but at least it sounds like Diana’s not just yet another of Zeus’ byblows.

I would love to see that scene in the WW movie. It would mean that DC had pulled the stick out of their backside at least a little bit. By stick I mean the , everything has to be dark and brooding, with no real humor stick. There has to be a balance, like Marvel has found. Looking forward to a WW movie. I just hope we get a cameo from the original Wonder, Lynda Carter. That would be awesome.

I love the guitar riff, that will bring her to mind as easily as The Superman Theme Brings him immediately to mind.
Just checked, Hans Zimmer, go figure. :)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back