Ghostbusters (2016) (Post-release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The saddest part is that I'm certain that if Feig and Sony just kept their mouths shut and didn't play the misogyny victim card so hard and lash out at whining fans I think the film would have done much better. The film is tainted with more negativity and hostility than a comedy should have.

I have said so in the past but it is worth saying again. Sometimes it really feels like filmmakers set out to with the intention of making a turd.

Just popping in this absurd thread to say that it's not out yet in every countries in Europe. Next week only here by example, so these international numbers are not complete...

That international box office take is.....oh,lord :lol it is NOT doing well,you know you're screwed when something like the FF film (which is called a stinker and a half) out does you!!

BTW....some of the cheerleaders on here....some of their responses are coming across to me as very scripted,like copying from a paper scripted :behave

As I posted elsewhere I'm no fan but this thing is an interesting phenomenon that I can't help but follow.

quite frankly, we've said everything we can on the detractor side, so our replies are sounding cookie cutter too, just not as long since the movie keeps on doing new stupid things :)

But yeah, this really IS an interesting conspiracy movie to follow. Not that I hope another franchise i love gets feig'd or bay'd soon....but, it'll be really boring without it once it leaves theaters after being on edge for a year ;o)

- - - Updated - - -

I have said so in the past but it is worth saying again. Sometimes it really feels like filmmakers set out to with the intention of making a turd.

I honestly think feig and pascal think they made oscar worthy material, and are so deluded, they are honest when they say they don't understand why people are upset.
just like some supporters who can't understand why people could possibly hate this movie and do all they can to convince themselves that it's not only good, but a hit...like certain FB pages ;o).

this is what some people are using as a comparison only ;o).

13732063_1072538209448691_2381894597687566237_o.jpg

Wow, See what I mean when I say turtle fans stayed away from part 2? even when given things like bebop and rocksteady? it actually did worse than feigbusters here.

just checking theater listings.. some of the smaller theaters don't even have it anymore, like the bow ties of the world.

AMC here has it on two screens, and down to two showings each. it'll be interesting to see if they get rid of it totally next week in prep for suicide squad.

Wow, See what I mean when I say turtle fans stayed away from part 2? even when given things like bebop and rocksteady? it actually did worse than feigbusters here.

And what cracks me up - the studio & producers will be tearing their hair out trying to understand what was so much worse about the second BayTurtles.

The money-men never seem to understand that the previous movie's QUALITY (not sales) will affect the SALES of the next one.

Last edited:
this is what some people are using as a comparison only ;o).

https://scontent.fewr1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13732063_1072538209448691_2381894597687566237_o.jpg

Ever since a Ghostbuster Diehard on GBFans told me that the Ghostbusters Fandom should be treated as an equal to the other fandoms, I figured that would be the way to go. So, I go with this comparison:

http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/c...Avengers-The-(2011)/Jurassic-World/Iron-Man-3

And what cracks me up - the studio & producers will be tearing their hair out trying to understand what was so much worse about the second BayTurtles. It never dawns on anyone that this is fallout from the first one having sucked.

The first one didn't sell because it was good, it sold because so many people wanted it to be good.

or, many people CONVINCED themselves it would be good just because it was turtles. any time someone gets involved in turtles, some people think that that person comes in with the best of intentions.. but with people like Ciro (Who only care about mirage, and seems like a dick to me) and Michael Bay (who doesn't care at all), that just isn't always the case.

bay turtles had so many things going against it it was just sad. it was boring. it had no ninja stuff in it. the turtles hardly used their weapons. the original leaked script had it as an april and casey movie with the turtles as guest stars and shredder as an army officer for some reason. a non acting, stiff faced expressionless meghan fox (telling fans to F off no less)...Turtles that where supposed to be aliens. turtles that ARE bullet proof and 6 foot tall monsters. turtles that act more like hoods than teenagers. stupid humor and fart jokes. no sense of soul and a splinter that sounded like monk but looked like a borg queen love child and...

oh god, it's bringing it all back ;o)

A surprise hit in Malta and Bora Bora can boost figures by as much as $11,000. :lol
France, Germany, BeNeLux, Spain... Not out until next week or the week after that, not to mention all the countries it went out this very week... That's a few millions between all of them... I'm not hoping for anything for this film, I haven't seen it yet, I don't care wether it works or not, but laughing at incomplete foreign box office is, well, absurd.

France, Germany, BeNeLux, Spain... Not out until next week or the week after that, not to mention all the countries it went out this very week... That's a few millions between all of them... I'm not hoping for anything for this film, I haven't seen it yet, I don't care wether it works or not, but laughing at incomplete foreign box office is, well, absurd.
This thread is LOADED with absurdities! :lol It's quite entertaining.

I saw the opposite argument.

'you can't really compare ghostbusters to super hero movies, because they arn't the same'

can't have it both ways ;o) you get whiplash ;o).
Yes, but some Ghostheads will argue with anyone that their fandom is as big as the other fandoms. SW, Marvel, DC, etc.

Being one of those that dress up with my franchise, I can pretty much say first hand that the GB fandom is not as big as SW, Marvel and DC. At the largest Halloween Event in our area, the number of the 501st and RL and their fans easily make us look like second place finishers......far behind second place finishers.

Last edited:
Fiegbusters was predicted to make $30 million in the UK alone. So far, the UK totals are $9.4 million after two weeks. I do not think it will get to $30 million in the UK.

uhh .... please chill, my friend. Have a piemontais. Yes, I am being absurd.

I was not making a point.

I was making a joke.

Last edited:
dascoyne, I thought so, but in this thread some people might have taken it seriously...

Last edited by a moderator:
It is interesting that a film based on something that was a big hit in America before there were these big international distribution networks now needs an international market to bail it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back