Build: Luke Macrobinoculars (ANH Hero)

Just scored a second a second vintage VTR. What are opinions on the pins? Copper wire, red wire or painted?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

The female connector on the right looks more accurate than the one on the left.
I think the release tab is the green version.

I'd just wrap some rred wire, possibly from a transformer, around it you think there's wire there.
Not totally convinced that here is.

The female connector on the right looks more accurate than the one on the left.
I think the release tab is the green version.

I'd just wrap some rred wire, possibly from a transformer, around it you think there's wire there.
Not totally convinced that here is.
I see something there that's shiny and has a red or copper color. I'm still undecided, I might just leave it the way it is. Yes, the one on the right has the correct female plug so that's the one I'm gonna be using. I might put the other one up for sale.

I just got the B&H 624 that I ordered fot the gray center knob. So now I'm just waiting on Mannys metal transition box. When that comes in I can at least start. I'll have everything except the second lens.
a1a12eed63b4b6c2740a63eeae585dff.jpg
ea32cbb0209af107040f41aaa0020776.jpg
68ffe2f9985e6a4c640d024128bfd97b.jpg

Now I have everything. Mannys transition box is on its way and a couple of lens knobs from Trooper. My second lens did not come with them so the resin ones will have to do. For the price I got it for, I can't complain.
4a7c3e8f61b5c578598319273327609d.jpg

Man, whoever is bidding on that 660 on eBay right now is nuts!! No way in heck would I spend upwards of $500 on one of those dagummed things! So crazy.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Man, whoever is bidding on that 660 on eBay right now is nuts!! No way in heck would I spend upwards of $500 on one of those dagummed things! So crazy.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

The last 3-4 on eBay have all gone for over $500.

Hmmm... Why do I not see this when I search for "Kalimar 660" on eBay? Is it hidden away in some private auction or something?

Makes me wonder what else I may be missing when I search for things...

Dan

Good Lord, I mean I guess if you have to have it, and you don't care about money, then whatever.

But folks fighting over it to these crazy heights just makes it worse for future auctions, sellers will start expecting more and more crazy money for a camera that honestly isn't worth much more than maybe $80. We're doing this to ourselves!

And of course the same thing happened with the flashes, and the scopes and everything else. Will we ever learn?

It just makes me frown, that's all.

I will say I'm relieved I got mine when I did. There's no way I would shell out that kinda dough for that camera.

If you can't see the auction, maybe try spelling out the six sixty.

Hmmm... Why do I not see this when I search for "Kalimar 660" on eBay? Is it hidden away in some private auction or something?

Makes me wonder what else I may be missing when I search for things...

Dan
Search Kalimar six sixty

Stupid thing is top bidder has bid twice is just wide open to being pushed to their spending limit, even by those who are not interested in it. Never understand the point of that, other than I think they must feel it puts others off!

I'll post this in the WTB also. Anyone have a kalimar hood and bracket they would sell and or the two knobs? Thanks guys

Can anyone share some really good photos of the frame for the top hood? It's the last part I need to get going on my build and I think I'm just going to need to scratchbuild it at this point.

And to the poor guy that I caused to pay an extra $200 for the Kalimar today, I apologize. I only needed it for the hood frame and lens knobs :)

Thanks
Gary

Progress on my new Macro build! Hoping to finish up the lenses by the end of the week. Just grabbed a new pump for my airbrush so hopefully the paint turns out looking good.

Attachments

• Macros 1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 127
Last edited:
In an effort to improve my resin lenses (unfortunately not Trooper's), I wanted to make sure the "glass" part of the lens really reflects. I know trying to achieve that with paint would never look right so I got a clear plastic Christmas tree ornament from Hobby Lobby, cut out a few discs in the right diameter and popped them in. I will say I'm pretty happy with the way they look so far! I'm going to paint the backs of them for the final install.

4AC53E76-63CB-4292-860B-8E358C76FC3E_zpscxz5vcjf.jpg

68235BAB-913D-4007-8819-1288F7EC9B44_zps3p3huok0.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back