Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

Thst might be my favorite presentation I've seen of the PG Falcon yet!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks Toadmeister. Here's a design I created with the PG that might make a good shirt. Also which of the two 'pictorial letter Star Wars logo' looks better to your eyes? (One has an internal drop shadow inside the letters, the other does not.) I want to make this my profile pic.

FALCON_ON_TOP_SWweb.jpg

FALCONoverSTAR WARSsmaller.jpg

SW_falcon2web.jpg

love the tops card!! fabulous!! and the first iteration of the logo is my fave!! nice and bold!

Looks incredible HOJ! Well done! Colors look spot on.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Welp, THAT song will be in my head all day. Thanks, Jaitea. I think. :lol

Glad you're liking the colors, Kokkari. I think that's something I'd do slightly different on my next Falcon (assuming there IS a next Falcon). Except for the base coat, I'm eyeballing all the colors. I think you and Darth Saber and getting them closer than I am, TBH.

Welp, THAT song will be in my head all day. Thanks, Jaitea. I think. :lol

Glad you're liking the colors, Kokkari. I think that's something I'd do slightly different on my next Falcon (assuming there IS a next Falcon). Except for the base coat, I'm eyeballing all the colors. I think you and Darth Saber and getting them closer than I am, TBH.

It's true

She looks absolutely perfect

J

Hunk a Junk ,
Really beautiful paint and weathering work . Congratulations .
Was wondering , are you still planning to use the provided decals for the ship - the smaller detailed markings ? Asking cause , I’m not 100% sure on when/what stage they should be applied when finishing a model . Some suggest after base coat / coloured panels , others - prior to final clear coat !?

:cheersGed

Last edited by a moderator:

It seems in Solo, that the Falcon, even brand new, has 5 landing gear boxes. I guess A New Hope is the odd one out.

T7on1wb.jpg

Base colors, gloss coat, decals, gloss coat, weathering, dull coat makes the most sense to me.

The first gloss coat protects the base colors and helps apply the decals smoothly.

The second gloss coat makes the decals look more like they are painted on.

Doing weathering after the decals gets the weathering on the decals which helps integrate them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

@Hunk a Junk ,
Really beautiful paint and weathering work . Congratulations .
Was wondering , are you still planning to use the provided decals for the ship - the smaller detailed markings ? Asking cause , I’m not 100% sure on when/what stage they should be applied when finishing a model . Some suggest after base coat / coloured panels , others - prior to final clear coat !?

:cheersGed

Thanks, gedmac66!

In most cases, I'll put the smallest decals on after the weathering, but prior to the final final FINAL flat seal coat. There are some, like those around the cockpit, that clearly have weathering over the decals, so I'll do those separately. Given the amount of weathering, hull color mist and grime dusting on the model, I think it will be too easy to cover over some of the decals. I've also overdone panels and had to mist them back lighter and so forth, making the risk of screwing and painting over a decal too high for my taste. My two cents.

**I should note, I'm not talking about the bigger panel color decals. I'm only using the detail decals (the Champion and ILM kitbashed decals).

It seems in Solo, that the Falcon, even brand new, has 5 landing gear boxes. I guess A New Hope is the odd one out.

I suspect the Falcon takes a pounding by the end of the film, precipitating many of the modifications we all know and love. If the filmmakers are smart (and lately that's been a questionable assumption...), the Falcon will take some major damage to the lower hull and in some closing scene we'll see Han making repairs and leaving the extra gear boxes off. At least then it will justify the way the Falcon looks in ANH and, hey, later we can just imagine Han thinking, "Those were a good idea after all. I think I'll put those back on." :rolleyes

I suspect the Falcon takes a pounding by the end of the film, precipitating many of the modifications we all know and love. If the filmmakers are smart (and lately that's been a questionable assumption...), the Falcon will take some major damage to the lower hull and in some closing scene we'll see Han making repairs and leaving the extra gear boxes off. At least then it will justify the way the Falcon looks in ANH and, hey, later we can just imagine Han thinking, "Those were a good idea after all. I think I'll put those back on." :rolleyes

And maybe he used that extra volume for smuggling stuff. Then put the gear back on after the job was done so his ship didn’t eventually end up bending and getting tweaked after numerous landings without them. What the heck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah & were the gear boxes were it exposes the maintenance pits

& perhaps she's not brand new....Lando has her pimped up

J

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back