Graflex Variations: Facts and vs. Replica

I have a Biskit (apparently) :lol

I got it on eBay a while back it's not 100% but I like it

I have a few original Graflex's so I've not needed to use it for anything yet, it may become an Darth Vader ROTJ at somepoint

Huh, all these replicas are confusing me. :confused Your clamp and upper half are different from the images of a Biskit I have on the Graflex Bank, yet I have never seen that clamp before, with the G starting at a relatively correct position, and the X being all out of whack, yet the font seems to be the same...

What gives? :confused Just when I thought I'd unfolded the mystery of the Biskit! Ah!! This is just a neverending mystery and confusion! Any help would be soooo much appreciated!

http://graflexbank.com/replicahilts.html#biskit2002

Last edited:
IIRC, Biskit's replicas were mostly made by hand in his own shop. So, assuming thats true, it might account for some variation in the different pieces out there.

I have this nifty little extra that i rarely see here. It came with my graflex when i bought it... I think it makes my grafex even cooler looking.

anybody know what this really is? It looks like the rest of a bulb but it does not make sense, its to sturdy to just be an old broken off bulb...

graflextip.jpg

I have something similar came with a Graflex I bought. Looks like a bayonet to Edison Screw socket adapter. The Mazda socket goes back to day 1, almost. The earliest vacuum tubes actually used the same connection style for the filament wires, because DeForest and those guys originally contracted with light bulb factories to build their first tubes and that is what they knew how to make. Google the DeForest Audion for an example.

Everything comes from somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi,

I am gonna ask a very dumb question, but is there a chronological order for the release of the graflex 3 cell models? I'd like to find a good well illustrated site and try to situate where mine is in the chain of events.

ok well I answered my own question:

i guess a folmer graflex is older than a a Graflex inc....

1928–1946Folmer Graflex Corp., Rochester, NY
1946–1955Graflex Inc., Rochester, NY

Here is my recent graflex 2.0. The overall appearance is the same with a romans. The main difference between the 2.0,romans with a vintage is the bunny ears are longer and the space between the bottom little squares and the round dohicky where the brass pins are. Here are some pics. Graflex 2.0 and a vintage esb

Attachments

• 20170507_150524.jpg
    20170507_150524.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 180
  • 20170606_182706.jpg
    20170606_182706.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 195
Here is my recent graflex 2.0. The overall appearance is the same with a romans. The main difference between the 2.0,romans with a vintage is the bunny ears are longer and the space between the bottom little squares and the round dohicky where the brass pins are. Here are some pics. Graflex 2.0 and a vintage esb

Nice.So sounds like the overall exterior dimensions of the 2.0 are the same as a real flash gun?

Nice.So sounds like the overall exterior dimensions of the 2.0 are the same as a real flash gun?

the S turn, on the hood of the flash has a different shape then a vintage flash. the glass eye sits too high on the 2.0, the red button is a different color, the beer tab has a bend in it. basically stuff the avenger star wars fan wouldn't pick up on.

the 2.0 is a great platform for a FX saber. very user friendly

Also you can buy upgrade parts to make it look more like a vintage. Kr sabers, Skywampa on etsy, and wannawanga.com has parts. The graflex shop parts also work minus there blade holder. The red button and glass eye work great. As do the brass contact strips

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back