NEW inexpensive Indiana Jones GOLDEN IDOL (not licensed) $79

Here is our review. It really is a nice piece. I came home and ordered two.

https://youtu.be/nxuBL7LRo4A

Okay, I’ve got to say...that was an absolutely stellar Review! My hat’s off to both of you for doing such a thorough, entertaining, and informative Video. (And on a side-note, Armando...I’m officially jealous of your Collection. (Particularly your SUPERMAN and ALIEN suits. Amazing!) :thumbsup

I just received mine today and I fully agree with everything that Funky said in the Video Review. It’s incredibly solid feeling, the detail and plating are positively beautiful for the price that you pay, and 99% of normal people (in other words, “non Prop-Collectors”) would never notice the minor details or discrepancies. It really is a no-brainer for $80 bucks.

Just for a quick ‘side by side’ comparison, here are a couple of shots of the new Idol next to my Stelter Creative ‘Glass-eyes’ version. (It’s actually kind of difficult for me to capture the details of the plated Idol in photographs because of how shiny and reflective it is, so I’d definitely recommend watching the Video for a better idea of the detail on this thing.)

F16E4DEE-0617-4F82-B9ED-6834FBA1D1C7.jpeg AA8A3B81-2888-45D3-82BF-40168D63F3B6.jpeg 7D9739EE-8528-43C9-8A25-C1BE237660F9.jpeg

Last edited:
Okay, I’ve got to say...that was an absolutely stellar Review! My hat’s off to both of you for doing such a thorough, entertaining, and informative Video. (And on a side-note, Armando...I’m officially jealous of your Collection. (Particularly your SUPERMAN and ALIEN suits. Amazing!) :thumbsup

I just received mine today and I fully agree with everything that Funky said in the Video Review. It’s incredibly solid feeling, the detail and plating are positively beautiful for the price that you pay, and 99% of normal people (in other words, “non Prop-Collectors”) would never notice the minor details or discrepancies. It really is a no-brainer for $80 bucks.

Just for a quick ‘side by side’ comparison, here are a couple of shots of the new Idol next to my Stelter Creative ‘Glass-eyes’ version. (It’s actually kind of difficult for me to capture the details of the plated Idol in photographs because of how shiny and reflective it is, so I’d definitely recommend watching the Video for a better idea of the detail on this thing.)

View attachment 810293 View attachment 810294 View attachment 810297

Thank you, Adam. High praise indeed.

Mine came today. Very impressed for the price but it’s definitely on the small side all around (not just height). It's definitely hollow but still has good weight. The plating is a rich golden yellow (very well done). Here it is next to my Gobler Idol on the right. And here it is on my Sideshow Premium Format Indiana Jones Statue base.

FDC31AD0-04B3-4300-AE51-39F9F405A826.jpegDC6916FE-7A2E-40D3-BDBB-F50ACF254D7B.jpeg084B6EB0-AEB7-4EA0-80B8-DA8B2517D791.jpegE7905C4B-AF92-4DEC-9C56-3FD90E126F82.jpegECE5BF38-A269-49FF-BCBC-4A9445A09AAA.jpegFF9EC9D6-DA2E-445A-802F-606CBB883B08.jpeg

Looks great Brad I think I'll be completely happy with mine. I'm not that anal about this particular prop.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yes, if anyone is looking for a "close enough", this is the one for you. I ordered another, just to hang onto in the box.

Anyone got the exact words in Hovitos that Belloq says?
I think it is necessary to recite this loudly holding it high to everyone possible.

Mine arrived today too! It's awesome. I'm also not worried about it being 100% accurate.

It's got kind of a plastic feel to the touch. On certain surfaces mine wouldn't stand on it's own. So I added some adhesive felt pieces to an old stand I had. It did the trick.

IMG_3093.jpg

IMG_3094.jpg

IMG_3095.jpg

On certain surfaces mine wouldn't stand on it's own. So I added some adhesive felt pieces to an old stand I had. It did the trick.

I had the same problem as well, so I just removed the bulky, rubber-type padding from the bottom of the Idol and that worked great for me. Now that it sits ‘flat’ I have no issue with it being unstable whatsoever. The best part also was that there was no sticky residue left on the statue. It just came right off.

Awesome Indy Prop Collection by the way! Great picture. :thumbsup

I had the same problem as well, so I just removed the bulky, rubber-type padding from the bottom of the Idol and that worked great for me. Now that it sits ‘flat’ I have no issue with it being unstable whatsoever. The best part also was that there was no sticky residue left on the statue. It just came right off.

Awesome Indy Prop Collection by the way! Great picture. :thumbsup

Thanks, that totally worked! And you're right, there was no sticky residue left. It just peeled right off.

dude how great are those stones? I have that exact set up as yours, AWESOME!! Pedros work is AMAZING to say the least.

Pedro's stones are awesome. They're one of the highlights of my collection!

Mine came today. Very impressed for the price but it’s definitely on the small side all around (not just height). It's definitely hollow but still has good weight. The plating is a rich golden yellow (very well done). Here it is next to my Gobler Idol on the right. And here it is on my Sideshow Premium Format Indiana Jones Statue base.

View attachment 810431View attachment 810432View attachment 810433View attachment 810434View attachment 810435View attachment 810436

Great pics...the plated gold looks so much better on the smaller one.I will love mine.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back