Star Wars Shadows of the Empire Outrider

Muttleysdad

Years ago (too many to think about) After the original star Wars trilogy and needing further Star Wars fixes I read the book Shadows of the Empire.
I liked the Dash Rendar character and his ship Outrider. After reading the book I pencilled a few sketches of my interpretation of the ship but never went much further than a card model.
The ship was described in the book as sleek and pointed (almost needle like) with an offset cockpit and a black chrome finish which made it nearly invisible in space. You can imagine my surprise later when for some reason outrider appeared as a battered YT class freighter???? (not that I don't like the YT class Outrider).

Now I've have a 3D printer I've been Looking as resurrecting some of the my model designs from years ago.

Here are some screen grabs of the 3D model of my version of the Outrider which I'll be printing off sometime soon.

I'll post again once printed.

Cheers Chris

Outrider 2.JPGOutrider 3.JPGOutrider 1.JPGOutrider 4.JPGOutrider 5.JPG

Last edited:
What strikes me most about the design is how very much it looks like the Narcissus from Aliens. Remove the cockpit and add some details to the back end and its very close. I like the design as a smaller scale WITH the cockpit sticking out of the side.

I personally liked the YT-2400 version, as my first introduction to it was in the N64 game. That being said, I really dig your design as well. You gonna paint it chrome black?

SB

Yes As close as I can get - I'm thinking a high gloss metallic black car paint may do the trick with a little dry brushing here and there.

Years ago (too many to think about) After the original star Wars trilogy and needing further Star Wars fixes I read the book Shadows of the Empire.
I liked the Dash Rendar character and his ship Outrider. After reading the book I pencilled a few sketches of my interpretation of the ship but never went much further than a card model.
The ship was described in the book as sleek and pointed (almost needle like) with an offset cockpit and a black chrome finish which made it nearly invisible in space. You can imagine my surprise later when for some reason outrider appeared as a battered YT class freighter???? (not that I don't like the YT class Outrider).

Now I've have a 3D printer I've been Looking as resurrecting some of the my model designs from years ago.

Here are some screen grabs of the 3D model of my version of the Outrider which I'll be printing off sometime soon.

I'll post again once printed.

Cheers Chris

View attachment 789983View attachment 789984View attachment 789982View attachment 789985View attachment 789986
What a great design! I liked the Outrider after playing Shadows on the N64 but your version is amazing and way more original. Nicely done! Can't wait to see pics of the finished model.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

What a great design! I liked the Outrider after playing Shadows on the N64 but your version is amazing and way more original. Nicely done! Can't wait to see pics of the finished model.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

I've managed to get around to 3D printing it, once I've got the piece together I'll post some pictures.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back