Masters of the Air (Band of Brothers sequel)

Early on they would've gotten filmed interviews with surviving pilots, plane crews, and ground crews. That would then be on hand whenever they were able to work on the story they wanted to frame within that. My granddad was a B-17 pilot in the 8th. Got over there fairly late, so he was part of the really long-range runs, to Berlin and such. Twelve-plus hour missions, mostly sitting. He cranked out his thirty-odd missions from December '44 to April '45 and headed home in time for my mom to be born in June. He stayed on in the Reserves and eventually retired as a Major or Short Colonel (I need to go back and check what color the oak leaves are). He turns 95 this June and is starting to get a little... cross-splicey... in his recollections. And any pilots who were there before him -- '42, say -- would be even older. So I think that would have been their first priority, even if they weren't ready to crank up on the series proper yet.

[ETA: Oh, and The Terminator, this is my mom's side. On my dad's side, my great-great-great-grandfather was in the Swedish Army. ;) ]

--Jonah

Last edited by a moderator:
Early on they would've gotten filmed interviews with surviving pilots, plane crews, and ground crews. That would then be on hand whenever they were able to work on the story they wanted to frame within that. My granddad was a B-17 pilot in the 8th. Got over there fairly late, so he was part of the really long-range runs, to Berlin and such. Twelve-plus hour missions, mostly sitting. He cranked out his thirty-odd missions from December '44 to April '45 and headed home in time for my mom to be born in June. He stayed on in the Reserves and eventually retired as a Major or Short Colonel (I need to go back and check what color the oak leaves are). He turns 95 this June and is starting to get a little... cross-splicey... in his recollections. And any pilots who were there before him -- '42, say -- would be even older. So I think that would have been their first priority, even if they weren't ready to crank up on the series proper yet.

[ETA: Oh, and @The Terminator, this is my mom's side. On my dad's side, my great-great-great-grandfather was in the Swedish Army. ;) ]

--Jonah

Just how far back are we talking? :lol
My mom used to work for the Swedish army, just like her mother :p

The men and women of WWII are definitely getting up there in age(!)

It's still on!
Scroll down the comments of this video to John Orloff's comment.
He's currently writing the scripts for it, but the name has been changed to "Masters of the Air".
Appears it's going to focus on The Bloody 100th.

https://twitter.com/johnorloff

That's the title they started with, then it apparently got changed to The Mighty Eighth.... and now back to Masters of the Air :unsure

- - - Updated - - -

Um...I own a very comfy Swedish Army winter coat. :)

That's all I got. Sorry.

They are awesome

Let's hope the projected filming dates turn out to be closer to the truth than hyperbole this time. Ready with USAAF flight gear and equipment.

1a kit bag.JPG

IMG_2597.jpg

IMG_4744.JPG

IMG_2626 copy.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back