Hasbro Black Series Rogue One Stormtrooper Helmet

I also have a distinct memory of seeing what must have been the Don Post helmet in the costume/hat shop at the local amusement park (Worlds of Fun). To this day I still look at the shelf where it was hoping to catch a glimpse of it again.

Given how much time has passed, the simplicity of the original production, and the continued popularity of the franchise, it is astounding that there hasn't ever been a decent, reasonably priced Stormtrooper helmet produced.

Finally received my helmet today. Took long enough, geez. For $80 this thing really is a HUGE bargain, however on the front of the dome are two small dings evenly spaced on both sides. Manufacturer error or damaged in shipping? Who knows. They're not very noticeable but once you spot them you can't take your eyes off em. What should I do regarding this? Also the back portion of the dome isn't flush with the rear piece. There's a small gap between both pieces that won't close up even though all three pieces are locked in tight. Am I still stoked about this though? You damn well better believe it. You'll never find anything this nice for $80, and it fits me like a glove which is real nice.

finally saw the Death Trooper half mask at a Target and what a amazing looking piece.

I'm surprised with the detail of the mask , the cost, and how well the BS/marvel helmets/prop replicas are selling, Hasbro didn't do a full DT helmet.
Hopefully Hasbro does a full helmet, cause I really love the DT design works

So I found one of these at Walmart. Got it home and my head is too big for it. What a bummer. Even if I take the head bands off I can't wear it.

If anyone bought an extra one of these and can mod it to remove the speaker and battery pack I'd be interested in buying it from you. Please PM me if you're interested in making a sale. :)

Anyone start modding yet? I just got mine and want to get rid of the speaker and battery area plus some other random stuff.

I started modifying mine today. My goal is to make a passable ANH-style helmet for basic 501st approval for my girlfriend.

- Took everything out of the helmet, including the tabs that connect the pieces together. The helmet is MUCH lighter as a result. Currently have the helmet held together with masking tape.
- Ripped out the false rubber material from the neck opening. The interior of the helmet will need some cleaning up before I can fit the accurate rubber S-trim.
- Applied Bondo to the recessed tube stripes, the recessed vent lines on the tears and traps, the ear caps, the battery cover, and the speaker holes.
I'm planning to carve out the 4 ear bumps with my Dremel. Everything will be sanded smooth and a couple coats of gloss white spray paint will be applied to the whole helmet after masking off the vocoder and mic tips.
Once the spray paint is cured, I'll be painting on the tears, traps, tube stripes, and frown with the correct paint colors.

I'll come back with pictures once I finish up the whole thing.

I started modifying mine today. My goal is to make a passable ANH-style helmet for basic 501st approval for my girlfriend.

- Took everything out of the helmet, including the tabs that connect the pieces together. The helmet is MUCH lighter as a result. Currently have the helmet held together with masking tape.
- Ripped out the false rubber material from the neck opening. The interior of the helmet will need some cleaning up before I can fit the accurate rubber S-trim.
- Applied Bondo to the recessed tube stripes, the recessed vent lines on the tears and traps, the ear caps, the battery cover, and the speaker holes.
I'm planning to carve out the 4 ear bumps with my Dremel. Everything will be sanded smooth and a couple coats of gloss white spray paint will be applied to the whole helmet after masking off the vocoder and mic tips.
Once the spray paint is cured, I'll be painting on the tears, traps, tube stripes, and frown with the correct paint colors.

I'll come back with pictures once I finish up the whole thing.
Make your own thread please :)

Gesendet von meinem VIE-L09 mit Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back