LOST returning?

Indeed, but the story line was so good until the writers got LOST, that its possibly worth a revisit.

I wouldn't necessarily place the blame on the LOST writers. If you followed the BTS stuff like the podcasts, Lindelof and Cuse had a clear start and end point for the series and wanted to get to the end on their terms, but ABC made them drag the series out a season or two farther than they wanted to go simply due to the show's popularity. This created filler episodes (seasons really) and the creation of many potentially interesting story lines that were either never explored, or never followed through to completion. The writers were unsure how long they would have to be writing the series for so they created plenty of potential material, or 'made things up', as they went so they could circle back to them later if needed. ABC simply chose quantity over quality.

I was and am a huge LOST fan and I'm intrigued by the idea of it coming back in some form. Map it out for something like 4 or 5 seasons and stick to the plan. Sounds like a job for the Duffer brothers. :)

Bottom line is... If they reboot they have got to fix that original finale ending first. WORST ending to a series in the history of television ever.

I think it could work but you would have to give it a different take. I thought most of the Island's mysteries/mythology were pretty well wrapped up by the end of the series anyway.

I wouldn't necessarily place the blame on the LOST writers. If you followed the BTS stuff like the podcasts, Lindelof and Cuse had a clear start and end point for the series and wanted to get to the end on their terms, but ABC made them drag the series out a season or two farther than they wanted to go simply due to the show's popularity. This created filler episodes (seasons really) and the creation of many potentially interesting story lines that were either never explored, or never followed through to completion. The writers were unsure how long they would have to be writing the series for so they created plenty of potential material, or 'made things up', as they went so they could circle back to them later if needed. ABC simply chose quantity over quality.

I was and am a huge LOST fan and I'm intrigued by the idea of it coming back in some form. Map it out for something like 4 or 5 seasons and stick to the plan. Sounds like a job for the Duffer brothers. :)

I've heard that numerous times in the past, and to me it definitely shows in the way that a good portion of episodes were just used as filler. Heck, the entire SEASON where they went back in time...season 5???...seemed like filler, as when that season ended they were basically right back where they were when the previous season ended. So it was like they literally did an entire season as filler in the overall story.

Like you, I'm a huge fan...and I don't even COMPLETELY hate the way it ended, though I know I'm in a minority in that respect. I also feel that if done correctly, with a very definitive map for a very specific number of episodes, that it could be pretty successful. That said, I have absolutely no idea what it would be about...would we be brining the same characters back? Would it be a new plane crashing on the island?

The only filler\treading water episodes were really in season 2 and 3. Half way through season 3 ABC agreed to let Cuse and Lindelof end the show according to their plan.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back