Scratch built 6 ft plus Iron Giant

steve neill

Sr Member
Been working on this for awhile. All scratch. Will mold all the masters and make a epoxy glass casting. So far I have molded the head and cast two heads. The one on the torso master is a casting. Hoping to mold the torso in the next week and move on to the rest.

IMG_2714.JPGIMG_2718.JPG

Steve what you've done so far is amazing! I am 100% interested if you ever sell a kit of this:)

So sorry I stopped making kits years ago. The latest work and we have been making up a few busts fro friends. Here's one that isn't finished yet but when finished will have the eyes lighted up and the proper paint job. The screw is mine made from that great kit I learned about here.

IMG_2960.JPGIMG_2958.JPGIMG_2954.JPGIMG_2953.JPG

Just found this thread . Terrific looking project so far . It’s one of the better animated films I got to watch with my kids , when first released over here .
Not sure if it’s just me. , but in a couple of your pics #2 & 4 - post #6 , the giant seems to be semi ‘ winking ‘ ( alternate eyes ) when lit up , as opposed to them being fully lit in post #1 - pic #2 !? . If that’s on purpose , it’s way cool ! , if not .... we’ll hes still cool !

Ged ;)

Thanks guys I'm glad your enjoying it! Here is the first bust I made up a few for some close friends. The entire build thread and videos will be available on "Tested" later this year. I don't why this forum turns the pictures on their side. Drives me bats!

IMG_2971.JPGIMG_2965.JPGIMG_2967.JPGIMG_2973.JPG

Great to see you back posting your projects on here steve,

Nice job so far on the giant!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back