The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

why people always use too high transistor caps?

Because the closest thing we've been able to find that seem to match the transistor serial numbers in the Chronicles photos is the Motorola MA2 series of transistors.... which are the taller cans.... no one seems to have been able to find op amp cans with the smaller profile with a serial number that comes as close...

I know lots of people are looking for a booster gear - but add me to the list! If anyone has one they’d consider selling would be happy to discuss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldn’t believe my luck today, I found these 2 little puppies, not the right colour but I ain’t complaining
B8C5FC37-AFEC-4AB8-A1A2-B349D5C7C9C7.jpegB3992312-3055-4102-A353-B83BEEC160C8.jpeg

I don't have a lot of pictures, but I brought my Obi saber, a V2 and a Luke ROTJ hero to my job today.

I work in a science museum, and I had a cart with these on it and a Crown Graphic, talking about the source and history of these parts, and the evolution of the design. It breaches into engineering, inventiveness and creativity - thinking about the object's real world purpose and all.

It felt awesome, and it was cool to mention this whole community and our ability to obsess to the point of identifying parts and building these things.

Last edited:
Alright guys! Finally here she is! Another fully assembled, all real parts Obi Wan saber. I am over the moon with this beauty and I cant believe I am lucky enough to have this in my collection. Many Thanks to teecrooz, who has been amazing helping me through the hunt for the pieces.

These are the only two shots I've got so far, but I'll taking better one this weekend. Hope you guys enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed putting it together! Oh and Happy Thanksgiving to all!

IMG_3974.jpg

IMG_3975.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back