Harry Potter: Leaky Cauldron Wallhangings

shmartybird

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi folks,

For the past few months I've been working on some of the illustrations from the Leaky Cauldron pub.

Most of the wall hangings were hand-drawn for the production, although a couple were scanned from original historic prints.

Thanks to some amazing reference shots from the Wizarding World in Orlando, and the WB HP Tour in Leavesden, I was able to try and recreate some of them from scratch.

The first illustration was my first attempt (no progress pics unfortunately), and all were created using black ink, tap-water, pen, and brush. After I was happy-ish with them, I then scanned and photoshopped them before laser-printing out on coffee stained paper.

Let me know what you guys think!

1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png
6.png 7.png 8.png 9.png
10.png 11.png 12.png

Thanks guys, next step is to perfect the distressing with some Nescafe Gold ;).

These are really excellent! You've done a splendid job. Are you recreating the Leaky Cauldron someplace?

I wish!! Probably going to get some old frames and do a gallery wall with them.

Wow! That's great Marty!!
Might I ask which paintings were found illustrations?

Sure, nearly all of the ref pics were found on Flickr :).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope this helps you:
23 x 18 cm.png22 x 16 cm.png21 x 16 cm.png19 x 26 cm.png30 x 40 cm.png30 x 20 cm.png26 x 110 cm.png37 x 29 cm.png16 x 23 cm.png

And here are dimensions of original prints (from top left to the bottom right):

-Two wizards with dogs - 23x18 cm
-Wizard and a witch walking on light background with Big Ben - 22x16 cm
-Fat wizard with another wizard - 21x16 cm
-I guess wizard escaping the pub - 19x26 cm
-Four wizards - 30x40 cm
-A witch with a broom - 30x20 cm
-Huge painting of the pub - 26x110 cm
-Two wizards seating and drinking while other wizard is watching the door - 37x29 cm
-Wizards and the skeleton - 16x23 cm

Also some pics I took on the tour (you can estimate the sizing using above):
http://imgur.com/a/nZzCH

I go on the tours fairly often so I can take more pics of you of these. Just tell me which prints do you want references for and I'll make myself a list of stuff that I need to take pics of.

Oh wow thanks Lordu!! I have been wanting to do more of these in the future but have packed all my art supplies away as I'm moving house soon. Can't wait to get settled in and start again :)

Oh wow thanks Lordu!! I have been wanting to do more of these in the future but have packed all my art supplies away as I'm moving house soon. Can't wait to get settled in and start again :)
Great news :D The original set of Leaky Cauldron has WAY more prints than WB Tour display sadly so we might never get all of them but still maybe they will update it in the future?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back