Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

Sure I've got some thoughts on it, mostly that it will never be returned to it's former glory! I don't see any way it could happen, regardless of who's in charge of LFL. If you don't like the direction of the ST (like me) there's no way of undoing it.
Even the prequels damaged the OT. Star Wars glory days ended with ROTJ. It's Disney's now and they don't care if some fans don't like what they're doing with it. They should be (and are) focused on kids with cartoons and theme parks. That's where the long term money is. My kid slept on my SW, ESB and ROTJ sheets as a kid, I didn't buy new ones for her so they didn't get any money from me even though I'm a big fan. Same with her toys, all purchased off eBay since a lot of them weren't available in stores when Santa brought them. People like me aren't their customer, just a fan. Fans that aren't likely purchasers don't mean anything to a business, Star Wars is just a business now.
Disney is beholden only to share holders and SW is a tiny portion of the company, wailing away about it won't change anything.

Well at least you acknowledge it had a former glory. Their business model is failing, they kicked of with a 2 Billion take and six years later have produced an 80 Million dollar lose. Making movies for kids isnt going to help that one bit as the kids dont buy the tickets, pay for the park rides or buy the toys. I wont loose any sleep if they dont want to make movies that appeal to everyone and boost their revenue but the prospect of seeing a great Star Wars movie is something very much to look forward to and anticipate so if enough people "wail" about it, it might actually happen. Simply buying a movie ticket makes you a customer.

Last edited:

Former glory is just that, former.

Don't really expect glory, just interesting films. Good and bad.

Last edited:

Making movies for kids isnt going to help that one bit as the kids dont buy the tickets, pay for the park rides or buy the toys.

No, but they are highly proficient at making their parents do that stuff for them... ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No, but they are highly proficient at making their parents do that stuff for them... ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

True that but if the kids arent interested either then where is the revenue coming from?

- - - Updated - - -

Former glory is just that, former.

Don't really expect glory, just interesting films. Good and bad.

Former glory can be defined as just everyone being excited about Star Wars, sure aint the case now.

True that but if the kids arent interested either then where is the revenue coming from?

- - - Updated - - -

Former glory can be defined as just everyone being excited about Star Wars, sure aint the case now.

Everyone excited about Star Wars never existed. Even in it's glory days.

Really? The fact the world is still talking about it and it dominates discussion here in pretty much its fifth decade would possibly dispute that. Just depends how you display your excitement.

You said everyone. That's not just a lot of people or the majority, that's everyone! Everyone? Back in the day I was one of about eight kids in my school that were excited about Star Wars. Of course lots of people saw it, the box office and popular culture can attest to that but not everyone cared as much as my friends and I did. It's a crazy thought I know but not everyone cares or is excited about Star Wars.

You said everyone. That's not just a lot of people or the majority, that's everyone! Everyone? Back in the day I was one of about eight kids in my school that were excited about Star Wars. Of course lots of people saw it, the box office and popular culture can attest to that but not everyone cared as much as I did, or my friends. It's a crazy thought I know but not everyone cares about Star Wars.

I`m basically speaking about and to the people who visit and participate here in this forum which has a worldwide membership. I dont see what point your trying to make. You cared enough to post about it out of the blue.

In the event that she is replaced I predict we get a series of safe, good to mediocre films that do middling box office numbers (for a Star Wars film) before that person is then put out to pasture and Disney decides to give the franchise a break for a period of time then attempt a triumphant return with a hotshot creative team like the ASoIaF guys.
But I still don't think she's going anywhere yet.

That`s why I`m hoping that Disney choose and pursue Kevin Feige for the role, I think he wouldnt settle for good to middling box office numbers or mediocre films and if he did accept he would be in it for the long term and more importantly formulate a solid plan for the franchise moving in to the future and have the ability and confidence to choose the right people to direct and write the movies when he hires them.

Last edited:

I`m basically speaking about and to the people who visit and participate here in this forum which has a worldwide membership. I dont see what point your trying to make. You cared enough to post about it out of the blue.

I assumed when you originally wrote everyone, not everyone here, being excited about Star Wars, and that the world is still talking about it, you meant everyone. So I was just sharing my "out of the blue" experience as a young fan in the world of everyone.

My point is that everyone being excited about Star Wars has never been the case. It's not a new thing.

I assumed when you originally wrote everyone, not everyone here, being excited about Star Wars, and that the world is still talking about it, you meant everyone. So I was just sharing my "out of the blue" experience as a young fan in the world of everyone.

My point is that everyone being excited about Star Wars has never been the case. It's not a new thing.

Well if you thought I meant all 7 billion people, I guess I will have to be more specific in the future then when I post stuff.

Yes, please do be more specific.

Sure and maybe you should try and be a little less literal when reading posts in a movie fan forum in a thread where only people who are interested in Star Wars and that particular forum from around the world look at.

Last edited:

Yes, please do be more specific.

Don't be deliberately toxic and condescending. Let's calm down.

Sure and maybe you should try and be a little less literal when reading posts in a movie fan forum in a thread where only people who are interested in Star Wars and that particular forum from around the world look at look at.

Same point here. Even if he did it first, be better.

mcoractual I `ve been loving your posts but advice on how to behave here after ten years is something I dont actually need at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

@mcoractual I `ve been loving your posts but advice on how to behave here after ten years is something I dont actually need at this point.

Just trying to keep it civil, so people don't end up with mutes and bans. That's all my man. I appreciate the support though!

It is a bad thing.... Ruin J made it so. He Crapped all over OT Luke, and everything JJ did on TFA.
hear-you-nothing-that-i-say.jpg

Take this with a big grain of salt, I mean big. But I've heard rumors that they can't just up and fire her because no one wants the responsibility. No one wants to get volunteer themselves to get crucified.
Because she's the president the fandom deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hate her, because she can take it. Because she's not a hero.

Also, just a reminder for the "Luke almost murdered a child in his jammies" camp, Ben was about 24 or 25 the night that happened, so get it out of your heads that he was a little kid, or even a minor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back