The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

MrSouthpaw unfortunately I got the jacket back in January and already weathered it more so I doubt I can return it. I just dealt with it, but wasn’t sure if others got standard and it was the same. I read that you can use a hairdryer, but since there is codora on the other side, not sure if that would work

Last edited by a moderator:
STARLORD78
That's unfortunate it's outside the return window.

I can actually sympathize. When I got my ebay VOL1 jacket about 2014 it was a bit tight, but I was unfamiliar with ebay and paypal etc and the return window closed. So I'll do things like stand at attention and suck it up for conventions. My next jacket will fit right.....lol.

I wouldn't fret over the tightness too much. It's supposed to be tight, and he often wears it open. As long as the sleeves and shoulders look good and not too small. With a larger size you run the risk of shoulders sagging and sleeves hanging too low, being too wide, or that cardinal of jacket sins- the ducktail stand-out back, which makes the whole ensemble look "messy".

JOATRASH FX for vol 2 and infinity war, his jacket is always zipped up. Also the bottom isn’t as tight on mine as you can see on the outtakes from vol 2 and one side can lift up to hold the Walkman. No way can mine do that. Only time it’s not is on the mission breakout ride and a couple promo pics. My jacket if fine everywhere else, I just like to have it zipped up. That’s very true on it being baggy if I went larger.

2BEDB09F-679F-4108-8D30-90E07DE3B45C.jpeg51F3F591-3EFD-4F14-A1E5-003086B6299C.jpeg

Last edited:
@JOATRASH FX for vol 2 and infinity war, his jacket is always zipped up. Also the bottom isn’t as tight on mine as you can see on the outtakes from vol 2 and one side can lift up to hold the Walkman. No way can mine do that. Only time it’s not is on the mission breakout ride and a couple promo pics. My jacket if fine everywhere else, I just like to have it zipped up. That’s very true on it being baggy if I went larger.
Well, I meant more in general terms... i.e. "Quill wears his jacket(s) open often." As jackets go, it is a tight (or fitted, if you prefer) model, compared to something like an Indiana Jones Raiders, but since "tight" can be a relative term, it's hard to gauge with only a description.

I was only offering a bit of encouragement as to your situation.

Did you try soaking it in cool water before attempting to stretch? Sometimes that can help, even with synthetics. Or take it to a local tailor and see if there is anything to let out, alternately have them add an extra strip of fabric to the side seams to widen it. The WSL isn't super-accurate to begin with and the extra strip would only be visible when you have your arms raised. With some good weathering, it might not be too noticeable.

JOATRASH FX

Ah, I see what you mean about the jacket being open. To your reply

“I was only offering a bit of encouragement as to your situation.”

I didn’t mean to be rude or anything. I am truey sorry. Thank you very much for the encouragement :) at first I thought his was tight as well till I saw this clip. It’s not much af an accurate thing, it’s more of a comfort thing. I can leave it open but I feel it looks better zipped up. Thank you for the water tip. I haven’t but I’ll try it.

Those who bought the white sheep leather jacket, is it tight at the waist area? Mine is like that and since it’s fake leather and codora, I can’t stretch it out. I got the standard medium and my waist is 37”. Thanks

I feel your pain. I too got a medium & it's a tad difficult to zip up once the belt is on. it is doable, though.

Has anyone started working on Star-Lord's Infinity War props?

Off the top of my head....
The little yellow glowing cylinder he uses to read Titan's axial tilt.
The explosive pack he plants on Thanos' back.

Also...
Can't quite remember if they showed the "blow your junk off" or "gas" grenades.
And was the triangle device the same as VOL1 to pull the Orb from it's pedestal?

That's about all I can think of for now.

Well the triangle was the same thing that held the orb in Vol. 1 and what pulled the aliens to the ground on Morag.

It was used to magnetically pull an iron clad person to more iron......momentarily...

Hi, guys. Here's my Star-Lord.

Does anyone know where can I find replacement foam for the MDR-5A? Got duped by a seller who claims to be selling original replacements but sent a fake one.

28751313_1890372737703667_5135890346022010880_n.jpg

Did anyone else purchase a kit from JOETRASH of Starlord D-Materializing helemt...if so any finished pictures....if not, Im starting on my kit now and will post pictures soon...

Did anyone else purchase a kit from JOETRASH of Starlord D-Materializing helemt...if so any finished pictures....if not, Im starting on my kit now and will post pictures soon...
I can't remember exactly, but I think I only did about 3 copies of the materializing kit. (One person did a dual version, with interchangeable faceplates.) The regular one was much more popular. I think there's a buildup or two of that one around.

I can't remember exactly, but I think I only did about 3 copies of the materializing kit. (One person did a dual version, with interchangeable faceplates.) The regular one was much more popular. I think there's a buildup or two of that one around.
I already have the full helmet , but this one allows you to wear all day, eat and drink and don’t have to carry it around, and the led effect will be so cool in the dark!

I started working on mine. Decided to play with electroplating it after watching a youtube video on electroplating 3d printed pieces. I had to stop the project because I moved & my new place has projects that take priority. Here is a couple pictures. The faceplate is removable. Hope to get time to finish it soon. 20171016_212530.jpg20171126_172736.jpg20171016_212548.jpg

I already have the full helmet , but this one allows you to wear all day, eat and drink and don’t have to carry it around, and the led effect will be so cool in the dark!

Yeah, a lot easier to breathe, haha.

I started working on mine. Decided to play with electroplating it after watching a youtube video on electroplating 3d printed pieces. I had to stop the project because I moved & my new place has projects that take priority. Here is a couple pictures. The faceplate is removable. Hope to get time to finish it soon.

There it is, that totally awesome build! I need to try plating like that some day... it's just too cool.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back