The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

Jump in Matt, the water's fine!

:devil

southpark.jpg

Indeed Marv, can you believe that vintage Kobold Flashguns are going into the same range as genuine OB1 parts when it comes to value :wacko

Chaïm

Vintage OB1 Parts gifted by fate to the custody of Fusion:

NOS Female BP (previously identified as male): ex Edraven99 ex Roman (snip snip) ex teecrooz ex Marv ex ???

No.3 Mk I Grenade: ex mugatu ex Marv ex teecrooz ex ???

Current AS Handwheel: ex kurtyboy (referral by Edraven99, thanks) ex 'a bath somewhere in London'???

Exactra 20* : ex 'anonymous eBay seller' ex ???

G R A F L E X Clamp : ex eBay ex ???

Transistors: ex ???

ANM2 Booster + Bearing: merely a hope & a prayer.

Besides hoping and praying - hard - I'm working to verify and extend the provenance/genealogy out past those ???

Marv, tried to PM you about that, but your message box appears clogged. If you ever get bored, PM me?

Joe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice! Is that handwheel metal or chromed plastic? Love the weathering on it. Looking for a beat up one now...

The handwheel is a mixture of alloy and plastic. The metal part is the central disk with it's square hole in the centre for fitting over the tap head. This is threaded and a chromed plastic sleeve screws onto it, the chromed plastic cubes 'ring' slides over that and the cap finishes it all off. It's the 'hot' tap but has no colour band under the cap.

This is my latest and most accurate pommel. I have the newer, larger, AS handwheel on my Roman's ANH.
This one came to me from _Lee_ here on the rpf and I don't intend to have it re-chromed. I like the patina of age and Star Wars stuff is never clean!

OB1%20No.3MkI%20grenade%20-%2005_zps3ycbefg8.JPG

This is the preview picture of my No.3MKI grenade as taken by teecrooz before I approved it worthy enough to become mine ... the main difference with other grenades shown in this thread is the thinner outer edges of the rings . . . as to why they are quite unique in their thinner shape I still remain in the dark ... I love how the outer rim of the top ring (seen here on the right) is quite sharp in shape and hardly has any cuts from the a-symmetric longer cuts in the rest of the body . . . yes it turned out that the cuts are a-symmetric as opposed to symmetric as seen on the original OB1 lightsaber . . . here's a lovely picture with vintage/replica parts belonging to Franz Bolo to explain exactly what I mean :

No3Mk1GrenadeTypes.JPG

For now this is the grenade I'll have to work with in putting together my OB1 ... I intend to use
the long metal rod (seen on top), that came along with this grenade, also inside my lightsaber
instead of new threaded stock ... don't ask me how, because I don't know yet ... all I want is to
keep all the parts involved as vintage as possible ... and if I wait just long enough to cobble this
lightsaber together even my washers will become vintage too :lol

Chaïm

Last edited:
Very nice Chaim. I've been pondering the vintage rod as a replacement for the modern stock as well. So far, I've got no good solutions that don't incorporate more new parts...
Perhaps the group can come up with something together.

I had also also wanted to use the round brass piece that screws onto the rod as the cone with some machining but it's the wrong size by a lot.

Very nice Chaim. I've been pondering the vintage rod as a replacement for the modern stock as well. So far, I've got no good solutions that don't incorporate more new parts...
Perhaps the group can come up with something together.

I had also also wanted to use the round brass piece that screws onto the rod as the cone with some machining but it's the wrong size by a lot.

Actually @Andymac84 had the best solution to this; he used essentially a rubber plug to attach his grenade to his BP. I've been thinking about doing the same but I've been too lazy to hunt for an appropriate piece:

r8gtkvh9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=194915&p=3043756&viewfull=1#post3043756

Last edited:
Speaking of which ... this is how my home looks like, from the inside since last year ...

Government_Warehouse_zps5x5bz7ry.JPG

Thanks Edraven99 . . . I have lots of vintage rubber rings and parts in my dad's toolbox
. . . if only I knew where I put it down in and amongst all those crates and boxes :rolleyes:

Chaïm

Last edited:
I love the warehouse picture. If only my basement were a Tardis...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back