MacGyver (Original 1985 Series) HD Remaster & Blu-ray Coming Soon

DB537

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
All 7 seasons of the original series of MacGyver are currently being remastered in HD by CBS.
The work should be complete sometime later this year, and the season one Blu-ray is being released on October 30.

Link to the CBS Press Release which includes a video clip with samples of the remastered footage:
https://www.home.cbssi.com/news-press-details/the-original-macgyver-hd-remastered/

YouTube video of additional HD and comparison footage posted by CBS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98QuX27PVak

It's CBS so of course they are going to screw it up.

What are you talking about? The TNG HD remaster was fantastic, maintaining both the original aspect ratio and the intended aesthetics of the CG effects that all had to be redone, the Blu-Ray set even featured remastered special features and outtakes, they went the full distance on it.

The Youtube preview already shows that they didn't mess with the aspect ratio for MacGyver either.

I don't trust CBS to get anything correct after they screwed up the Star Trek franchise.

I'll be more than happy if they get this done properly but have lost faith in anything they do.

What are you talking about? The TNG HD remaster was fantastic, maintaining both the original aspect ratio and the intended aesthetics of the CG effects that all had to be redone, the Blu-Ray set even featured remastered special features and outtakes, they went the full distance on it.

The Youtube preview already shows that they didn't mess with the aspect ratio for MacGyver either.
They did a great job scanning MacGyver for HD. There are still a few scenes where I think they couldn't find the masters for, but they cleaned up the SD source well enough that it's no big deal especially compared to the DVD release. 90% is clean and devoid of excessive grain. Grain is mostly an issue with low light scenes as is typical.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back