The ESB "Hospital Ship" from the Fleet

moffeaton

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is an idealized but pretty dang accurate replica of the fleet ship at the end of ESB that appears as a blob under the Rebel Transport. The real model is pretty slapped together (and has a Vosper crew man glued to the side that I just could not bring myself to add, lol)... so I took a few liberties, puttying some areas and tweaking a few details for the sake of keeping it neat and tidy. I assume it flies in this position, but appears in the film flying in a completely different direction to how the engine is located, lol. Who cares, right? It was a blob on screen.

My references on the Fleet Ships are scant and few and they are very private - sorry in advance that I cannot share.

I'm mostly done - I will add some finishing touches, give it a nice paint job, and debut it at Wonderfest at the end of the month! More pics then!

fleet.jpg

Slap 'em together and make 'em fly!!:D Love it...actually, it reminds me of the nacelle of the Zeppelin in Blade Runner...somewhat.

That's awesome! Great looking work, yeah there are a bunch of interesting ships flying around the Nebulon in that shot, I never really noticed them much until about a year ago. Now you have me wanting to watch Rogue One again and see what all ships warp in at the end, see if there is any crossover haha.

looks awesome so far! Its such a weird and unique ship, really cool that you got a hold of some good references for it

So insanely cool! I just think it's so awesome that after all these years there's still these small little treasures hidden AND people crazy enough to spend the time and money to actually build these obscure little models! Bravo!

Cheers,
Steve.

That is indeed another cool hidden gem. Refreshing seeing these being tackled. You should take a matching "blurry" pic of it... :)

Can Jason or some one chime in on what kits were used for the major body piece? I really like this build and would be interested in in building it some time. I see a bomber wing but from what kit?

Body is two Vosper Perkasa kits. The wing is from the Airfix 1/72 Short Sunderland III. One of my best IDs, lol!!

I don’t remember ever noticing.

You can’t share pictures from your reference, but can you share details on how the owner got it?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back