Deadpool 2:Cable

Putting together the ice box breakout cable look. Got the under armor shirt. Templated and made the sentry plate carrier with some straps, mats and fabric. Also found a nice green material for the cape.
. IMG_0681.jpgIMG_0682.jpgIMG_0702.jpg

Need to weather the cape a bit I think.
Also here is a better pic of the time travel device. top Velcro's off so I can add a light on the inside.
IMG_0484.jpg

Working on a foam bfg to be able to sling it and round out the look.
Almost done.

Putting together the ice box breakout cable look. Got the under armor shirt. Templated and made the sentry plate carrier with some straps, mats and fabric. Also found a nice green material for the cape.

Need to weather the cape a bit I think.
Also here is a better pic of the time travel device. top Velcro's off so I can add a light on the inside.

Working on a foam bfg to be able to sling it and round out the look.
Almost done.

That's looking great!!! I just got the Under Armor shirt too. Love the Time Travel device! I need to get one!

Been lurking a bit. I was torn between Maul and Cable this year, but since I've already done Maul (EP 1), I decided to go with Cable. Besides - I really want to build that gun.

First comment - amazing stuff from this group, especially with the BFG, but I have to ask - you all selling drugs? Because I don't know how else you can afford all the "screen accurate" gear. My gun is going to be mostly EVA with some 3D printed bits and a whole lot of kit bashing.

Second, in the shot of Cable with the laser cut chest rig, no cape - is he wearing a battle belt (padded tactical belt) with his riggers belt? I'm pretty convinced it's visible on the right (his left) side by the dual mag pouch and that's not a fold in the pants:
Battle belt.JPG

Right now I'm gathering what gear I decided it would be cheaper to buy than build. Fabrication-wise, I'll probably start with the arm, since I think that will be the most challenging - I've got decent sized arms already, so I'm concerned about looking lopsided; I'm thinking of sculpting the "cables" out of 1mm-2mm craft foam to keep the bulk down. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks @Soulinertia!

This is the way I set up my belt. After seeing the movie a couple times, I'm fairly certain that I picked the wrong battle belt. I am going to eventually replace it with an HSGI Sure-Grip Slotted Padded Belt in Wolf Gray. Those early pictures were tough to work off of, lots of blind buying only to have a new trailer hit and need to replace a piece haha.

View attachment 827248

View attachment 827249

I'm using a P226 right now, but will eventually snag a PPQ replica (fingers crossed that someone makes an airsoft Q5 Match by that time). I'm not quite ready to dump money in a couple new handguns though, it's been preoccupied in something a little ...bigger

View attachment 827250
... and I missed this. Glad to have confirmation on the Battle belt, though.

Well I am finally going to start posting pictures of my BFG build. I honestly am not a pro at this, but by looking at all the pictures of everyone’s build, it helped me a lot, so thank you guys for posting your pictures and step by steps, Soulinertia, Malibu139, toggle47 and even Kenny being on this forum made it epic. I am going to start putting it together once done. I will post my pictures of the finished build. It’s not perfect but it will have been my first time doing a build like this.

Attachments

• B01CAE67-7B7A-439D-9EF6-8E6A7C5B78DA.jpeg
    B01CAE67-7B7A-439D-9EF6-8E6A7C5B78DA.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 248
  • 1B0F9118-D291-40C9-B625-42962615F618.jpeg
    1B0F9118-D291-40C9-B625-42962615F618.jpeg
    768.3 KB · Views: 242
  • C0C55346-3881-4AE2-85D4-5A6BE77D014D.jpeg
    C0C55346-3881-4AE2-85D4-5A6BE77D014D.jpeg
    969.9 KB · Views: 261
  • 660B7F72-FE50-4C07-9CF1-2A1769B89FA6.jpeg
    660B7F72-FE50-4C07-9CF1-2A1769B89FA6.jpeg
    6.8 MB · Views: 238
  • 6E48580C-C10D-4A3E-A5E5-593907B2E98F.jpg
    6E48580C-C10D-4A3E-A5E5-593907B2E98F.jpg
    838.9 KB · Views: 183
  • 761511FA-2D38-4060-97B1-16CBE3A69FB4.jpeg
    761511FA-2D38-4060-97B1-16CBE3A69FB4.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 224
Last edited by a moderator:
So, what have i missed?

Soulinertia is making a second rad BFG
Toggle- made and documented a fantastic BFG build.
Lots of arms posted.
Some good 3d files of the BFG
The thingamagigs on the stock are torches(You knew that part...)

The real question is " Kenny, what are we missing?".

I would say, tomorrow at Tokyo Game Show will be displaying some of what ive been working on for several weeks. I’m also wrapping up on a film called Sonic the Hedgehog with Jim Carrey. That’s all i can say about the film so don’t ask.... lol. You can also follow my imdb which lists most of my current work. Just purchased another mill... a HAAS VF-2 which is supposed to be here Monday.... hopefully it doesnt get pushed again. That additional mill is to gear up for another show coming up soon... can’t say so stay tuned to my imdb. Let’s see... oh, hooked my finacee up with a ton of professional camera gear and camera because she started a professional photographers school in NYC. And lastly, our new addition minpin “Aloy” who is 10 months old now is still trying to dominate over our 4 year old minpin “Max”.

Lol

Soulinertia is making a second rad BFG
Toggle- made and documented a fantastic BFG build.
Lots of arms posted.
Some good 3d files of the BFG
The thingamagigs on the stock are torches(You knew that part...)

The real question is " Kenny, what are we missing?".

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back