Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049!

Thanks for the tutorial TC. Just got my second Zlurpo jacket (ordered a second medium; originally a small) and gonna go through a similar process to what you did. Much appreciated!

k7.png
So, I've been seeing some new officer K jackets pop up on eBay, unlike the older ones who were made out of cheap pleather and looked completely inaccurate, these new ones seem to be based on the Magnoli pattern. While most of them come in black, I've seen a few in dark green. Some of them come with the back printing, others don't and while they say that they're waxed, i can't tell if they truly are. Furthermore, many use the same pictures from the Magnoli site, while others simply use new photographs. Maybe they could be a great cheap alternative for the coat and if modded, they can truly look great in my opinion!

my advice would be to steer well clear of eBay listings like this or you're bound to get burnt. Not to mention, the pictured jacket still isn't all that accurate. Collar is way off.

If you want a cheap option that is (almost) accurate I wouldn't look past White Sheep Leather to be honest. That requires a lot less modding to get a completely accurate look than the pictured one would need (you'd probably end up just spending more money to make it look less cheap)

I hadn’t looked at this thread for a while - I didn’t even remember starting it. I was looking for an agent K thread...
I’m gonna read through everything!

N.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that took a while to read!

I’ve been back-and-forth in my head about getting a jacket... not sure I’d wear it, though.

Did Indy Magnoli ever end up reproducing the Rag and Bone Avery sweater? Can’t see anything on his site so I guess not.

N.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those of you, hesitating as to which jacket to buy - just sell your wife/girlfriend/mother/dog whatever it takes to get the cash, and buy the Magnoli version.

You won't regret it. The coat is very very well made and looks great.

Here's a side by side inspiration vs reality pre con pic of me before Sydney Supanova last weekend.
(I concede that my sleeves are little too long but it's no big deal).

Chris

IMG_20180618_121630_581.jpg

Last edited:
For those of you, hesitating as to which jacket to buy - just sell your wife/girlfriend/mother/dog whatever it takes to get the cash, and buy the Magnoli version.

I couldnt agree more.

Not the best picture of the jacket, but here is myself with Mrs.Uridium at the Secret Cinema Bladerunner event in the UK last weekend.

Secret Cinema_1.jpg

I has Magnoli put in dark brown fur, as I preferred that, and this coat is more of a wearable than a exact replica showpiece for me.

Have finded this sweater at the end of 2017.

qntA989.jpg

And now have a few new sweaters, but sad for me, sizes wrongs for me and color different. The truth looks is also cool.

In charcoal i think almost impossible to buy. Very rare. I hope someday I'm lucky.

Maybe later i post photos with this sweater here, what i have now. If this will be interesting.

Last edited:
Went to H&M to get my 'K' shirt and ended up finding some pants that are pretty close! Now I just have to wait on the jacket and debate whether or not I want to spend $150 on boots...My new 3D printer comes tomorrow, so I'll be able to print the blaster and finish that up this weekend. Does anyone have a solid source for the holster yet?
View attachment 767084View attachment 767085View attachment 767086
Were did you find the pants?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Hey, Zlurpo/Magnoli jacket owners! I'm inches away from ordering a coat, but I desperately want it in leather. Does anyone have any pictures of either jacket in leather? Hoping for some thoughts/reccomendations

Hi Guys and Girls i just wanted to share this with you i have been working on this costume for some time now and have finally got it finished. Me and my gf attended a recent con as K and Joi, the boots are the correct height bates, the jumper is black rag and bone, the trousers are dark green/ brown waxed cotton and the coat started as white sheep but had a lot of custom work on including replacing fur and altering face guard. The Joi coat is custom and the skirt and top are fairly accurate however her boots are simply high thigh boots instead of the futuristic strap ones. The gun and joi emanator are both 3d printed in accurate sizes and painted by myself. I hope you like it:
37985220_10211657867873317_5555009077425209344_n.jpg
38040880_10211657867033296_8232132871003832320_n.jpg
38122980_10211657868193325_4989763184811311104_n.jpg
37981331_10211657866233276_1715143194783514624_n.jpg
37979126_10211657864193225_8046216269474562048_n.jpg

Hi Guys and Girls i just wanted to share this with you i have been working on this costume for some time now and have finally got it finished. Me and my gf attended a recent con as K and Joi, the boots are the correct height bates, the jumper is black rag and bone, the trousers are dark green/ brown waxed cotton and the coat started as white sheep but had a lot of custom work on including replacing fur and altering face guard. The Joi coat is custom and the skirt and top are fairly accurate however her boots are simply high thigh boots instead of the futuristic strap ones. The gun and joi emanator are both 3d printed in accurate sizes and painted by myself. I hope you like it:
View attachment 833904
View attachment 833905
View attachment 833906
View attachment 833907
View attachment 833908
Were did you find the pants and sweater?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

You have to tell us who made Joi's coat! I love it!

View attachment 833904
View attachment 833905
View attachment 833906
View attachment 833907
View attachment 833908

Hi, guys.

I received my coat from Magnoli last January and I do like it a lot. First of all, thanks to everyone on this thread, because thanks to your research I was able to decide which coat to invest my money on. I never posted any pictures before, but sadly I lost all photos from last winter, so I decided to take new ones. I took them today, so excuse my face in agony. It's August and I'm in Spain, so I was about to faint... Also, I'm not any good with selfies. I feel like the stupid selfie stick put my body in an awkward position and it wouldn't extend enough for me to show the coat properly.

Anyway, I will upload these today and I'll try to ask someone next winter to do a proper shoot.

I decided on the faux fur version, since I was not a fan of the faux shearling. That camel color and texture were a bit off for my taste. Also, I just wanted the coat for normal wear, not for cosplaying, so the 100% accuracy was not what I was going for. I chose the dark green fabric, which I think is pretty screen accurate and looks elegant.

BR1.jpgBR2.jpgBR3.jpgBR4.jpgBR5.jpgBR6.jpgBR7.jpg

I must say that I got a lot of compliments in person while wearing it. Like people would ask me where did I buy it and such. They found it cool and trendy. Nobody who asked me had seen the film, so they just liked it for itself. I will keep wearing it because it is so well constructed that it even protects me from cold and rain.

Hope you are enjoying yours!!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back