Captain Picard's "Kurlan Naiskos" Statue?

They are 2" wide, 2 " tall and aprox 1 3/4" deep.

Need any other photos? Taking a four day weekend but will be back in the shop on Tuesday. Guess I should have put the top on and taken a photo of it together. I will on Tuesday.

They are 2" wide, 2 " tall and aprox 1 3/4" deep.

Need any other photos? Taking a four day weekend but will be back in the shop on Tuesday. Guess I should have put the top on and taken a photo of it together. I will on Tuesday.

Awesome. Thank you again! I think those photos are perfect.

The dimensions of the overall container would be great too though if you can get them easily. :)

IMG_0656.JPGIMG_0657.JPGIMG_0658.JPG
Base at the widest is 12 1/2"
Width is 10"
2 1/4" tall

Top is 11" at the highest
The front design element is 3 1/2" tall x 3 1/2" at the widest
Tip of wing on side is 6"

Overall height is 13"
i asked Chris about the coloring:
Gold powder was brushed into the mold then backed with FGR 95 tinted in terra coota color with fiberglass matt cloth. The patina was added after the piece was taken from the mold in washes

Attachments

• IMG_0656.JPG
    IMG_0656.JPG
    267.9 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0657.JPG
    IMG_0657.JPG
    257.4 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0658.JPG
    IMG_0658.JPG
    228.9 KB · Views: 102
Wow. Those sizes are basically identical to my own guesses. Thank you for sharing this, Don!

I look forward to tackling the pigments soon, armed with this new information. Please pass along my enormous gratitude to your colleague Chris as well. :D

Fantastic pics, thanks a bunch for sharing Don :cool:thumbsup

I just love this prop. Have always been tempted to try and make one from scratch but always gave up just thinking about how to go about it :lol

Thanks to help from sawduster, Nick Daring, HMS Mike, and many others, I managed to replicate a few Kurlan naiskoses for me and a few Trek prop nerd friends of mine.

I still have some final sanding to do on this one, but here is a are a couple of quick snapshots to show the results I've gotten so far...

eefd36059e3c8b05.png

3dd177b49f0268df.png

The full scratch build thread can be found over at The Fleet Workshop, a site for hobbyist Trek prop replica scratch-builders.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back