Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049!

Im guessing your taking about the shot with Gosling and Denis outside. People keep seeing a shade of blue/ or green and i believe its because blue is just as important but not as important as the green. In My opinion 70, 83, 80 is closer to the color or if you want something darker. 60, 73, 70.

PERSONALLY, the most accurate color would be 60, 73, 70-73 but 50, 73, 73 IS CALLING MY NAME!

I don't see the blue as much as other people, but I do like the color, almost a dark grey mixed with teal. I think I might stay more on the green side of things but man 50,73,73 is pretty.

An affordable pair of pants for K, these even have the stright lined pockets. I chose Forest green as that is sortof what it looks like from the photos you guys sent. $35 isn't too bad and seems to be made to look correct, the Wood SPice may work as well, depends on what you're going for. Gonna compare it to the WSL jacket I have and worst case scenario, free return!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DWOZ32K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hey @Uridium, the collar looks great! Any idea how different your collar measurements are from the standard? Also, how did you measure the shoulder-to-nose measure for the height?

Sorry I am not sure what the original measurements that Magnoli's team work from.

For shoulder to nose, I just stood in a mirror and held a tape measure from my shoulder next to my neck and eyeballed where I figured I wanted the collar to reach.
For the circumference I got a length of that stiff plastic stuff they strap around packages and made a loop around my head at nose height, then measured it flat out.

MAJSmith @Mitch_LaRue ReconNight jarrettkong

Ok guys, sorry about the wait, but I have not got a few more pics of my coat.

1st, is the lapel, although this is worn slightly wide, you can wear it sort of folded under itself at the back of your neck which looks awesome.
Oh, and the 4 red dots are stitching that keeps the lapel piece connected to the wrap around collar. I think this was discussed earlier in the thread. I am still considering removing these to allow the long piece of the collar to freely hang (separate from the lapels), but I am not sure.
P1020189.jpg

2nd, I was asked for a picture of the collar on my-right side worn up (I hope this is what you meant). There is a magnet where the red dot is, that keeps the lapels closed.
P1020192.jpg

3rd, Here is a shot of the great cuffs, they curve longer over the tops of your hands. This also shows the great craftsmanship of Magnoli's tailors, and also the colour of my coat (I went for the BLACK coat from Magnoli's choices)
P1020199.jpg

Finally, another Money-Shot of the amazing collar!!!!
P1020195.jpg

Hit me up with any questions, but after Monday I will probably be offline for a couple of months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uridium A couple months!! Oh boy better get my questions off lickety-split then.

1. Is the lapel area wide in the first photo because of those measurements or just because that's how it happened to be sitting when you took the photo?
2. Does the sleeve length measurement measure to the inside of the cuff and the extra length is simply added on for the outer cuff? I assume that's how it works but this might be a question for Indy Magnoli.
3. Love the story about measuring in the mirror. I tried the same thing but it just felt so awkward. Do you think that measurement is necessary if you choose the default fur? Your collar doesn't look as wide as it did in the previous picture, but just wide enough for the added thickness of the other fur. Perhaps also a question for Indy Magnoli.

Yeah, my wife and I are leaving Hong Kong (my work here is finished) and we are traveling back to London by train (spending around 10weeks on the trip).

1. My lapel may seem a little wider than most, because the height of the collar makes the width of the material there a little wider.
2. The sleeve length you provide will be whatever you normally wear, they will add a little extra on the upper side to have the top of the sleeve go over the top of your hand.
3. I think the fur I got is the same 'thickness' as normal??? maybe??? just a different colour. @Magnoli should be able to confirm.

So many options with this collar guys, you have to make sure its the size you want it. I feel bad for the guys a few pages back whose collars were too tight on their faces.
Anyway, here are more pics. Please excuse the 'standing in a mirror' pics, my wife has gone to bed, so i had to selfie these.
[EDIT: Forgot to mention, These are mirror pics so are reversed]

P1020202.JPGP1020203.JPGP1020204.JPGP1020206.JPGP1020207.JPGP1020208.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Set two.

P1020209.JPGP1020210.JPGP1020212.JPGP1020213.JPGP1020214.JPGP1020215.JPG

Last edited:
Uridium Ah, my mistake. If I'm not mistaken, I thought you got the faux fox fur. Maybe thicker isn't the best word to describe it. It does look like it takes up more space though. Alas, I'm sure I'm just nitpicking details at this point. Thanks for the photos!

Damn, that's a great look in picture 5, with the jacket done all the way up to the neck, the collar folded over and the left lapel wrapping around to the front. I haven't seen it in that position before, and it looks great!

The fur Uridium got is the stuff we used on our first (nubuck) coat. The "hairs" are longer, so it may appear fluffier, but it doesn't really take up much more room since they are soft and lay down pretty flat, whereas the faux shearling is more "tight" to the surface.... if that makes sense.

I got my coat from White Sheep Leather this week, but I'm returning it. Hear me out cause I want to be fair and say it is a decent coat and i'm more or less being picky.

First big reason I'm returning it is the collar.You'll notice the collar and lapels aren't too screen accurate. This wouldn't bother me as much but the design in the film simply looks better. By comparison, Zlurpo's coat (3rd pic) has a larger collar and does a good job of recreating the lapels as well.
IMG_20180112_185842.jpgUntitled (2).jpgpost.jpgMVIMG_20180112_151357.jpgMVIMG_20180112_151327~2.jpg
Because the collar is tight and isn't as big as it should be, it collapses and loses its form. The top rim should be larger to accommodate for the shape of a head. It's a bummer cause even after them assuring me this issue has been resolved, it obviously hasn't. Despite the fact that I would rarely stand the collar up, its size still does affect how the collar looks like when it's down (it just seems smaller and less full than it should be)

MVIMG_20180111_121936~2.jpgMVIMG_20180111_123000~3.jpg MVIMG_20180112_150514.jpg
Another big reason I'm returning it is the $50 wax job. I was expecting the coat to have a slight shimmer but the coat is very lightly waxed at best. As a result the lettering on the back is much more conspicuous and dark than I had hoped for. The side shot of the left lapel shows the thickness of the cotton layer (thickness of two thin coins max). Also the fur lining has little volume. Areas with padding (arms and shoulders) feel great however.

IMG_20180112_152803~2.jpgMVIMG_20180112_152853~2.jpgMVIMG_20180112_152915~2.jpg
The upside to this coat is that they nailed the color. It's darker in person, I would put it between black and a dark olive green. It also looks good and fits well. The reason I don't want to write off this coat is obviously the price. For someone who isn't as nitpicky about the details and wants to go easier on their wallet, WSL is a worthy option. I've never ordered clothes online and personally I didn't come to realize that I'm willing to spend another $100 for these details until the coat had been shipped. Im still surprised at myself for spending this much on a stupid coat lol. I'll have to bite the bullet of shipping costs too. Hope this helps someone out there.

MVIMG_20180111_121936~2.jpg

MVIMG_20180111_123000~3.jpg

MVIMG_20180112_150514.jpg

IMG_20180112_185842.jpg

IMG_20180112_152803~2.jpg

MVIMG_20180112_152853~2.jpg

MVIMG_20180112_152915~2.jpg

Untitled (2).jpg

MVIMG_20180112_151357.jpg

MVIMG_20180112_151327~2.jpg

post.jpg

I got my coat from White Sheep Leather this week, but I'm returning it. Hear me out cause I want to be fair and say it is a decent coat and i'm more or less being picky.

First big reason I'm returning it is the collar.You'll notice the collar and lapels aren't too screen accurate. This wouldn't bother me as much but the design in the film simply looks better. By comparison, Zlurpo's coat (3rd pic) has a larger collar and does a good job of recreating the lapels as well.
Because the collar is tight and isn't as big as it should be, it collapses and loses its form. The top rim should be larger to accommodate for the shape of a head. It's a bummer cause even after them assuring me this issue has been resolved, it obviously hasn't. Despite the fact that I would rarely stand the collar up, its size still does affect how the collar looks like when it's down (it just seems smaller and less full than it should be)

Another big reason I'm returning it is the $50 wax job. I was expecting the coat to have a slight shimmer but the coat is very lightly waxed at best. As a result the lettering on the back is much more conspicuous and dark than I had hoped for. The side shot of the left lapel shows the thickness of the cotton layer (thickness of two thin coins max). Also the fur lining has little volume. Areas with padding (arms and shoulders) feel great however.

The upside to this coat is that they nailed the color. It's darker in person, I would put it between black and a dark olive green. It also looks good and fits well. The reason I don't want to write off this coat is obviously the price. For someone who isn't as nitpicky about the details and wants to go easier on their wallet, WSL is a worthy option. I've never ordered clothes online and personally I didn't come to realize that I'm willing to spend another $100 for these details until the coat had been shipped. Im still surprised at myself for spending this much on a stupid coat lol. I'll have to bite the bullet of shipping costs too. Hope this helps someone out there.

Great review, thanks! You're not the first person here to not be too impressed with the WSL coat. Personally, I think that it looks good from those photos, but from the description it sounds like a great costume piece but a poor everyday coat.

I got my WSL coat today as well. Mine has similar modifications that nexusplexus has. I requested a dark green fabric, matching lettering colour, the alternate "sheep" style fur, a wider face guard, and no shoulder padding. I wasn't able to get any decent pictures tonight, but I will try and post some tomorrow. Until then, I'll tell you what I do like, what I don't like, and what I'm on the fence about.

I like: the alternate fur and the more subtle lettering. The colour of the fur ended up being a lot better than I initially expected from the photos, and the lettering is nice and subtle.

I don't like: the wider face guard and the waxing. The wider face guard just didn't come out as great as I would've liked. There's a pretty noticeable gap between the neck and the opening of the face guard, as it's just a straight barrel. I wasn't planning on wearing the face guard up that much anyway, so it's not a huge deal. I also can't even tell if the coat is waxed. Like nexusplexus said, if it's waxed, it's an extremely thin layer.

The fence: the darker green. This is more so just personal preference, but it's more of a brown/olive green than I was expecting. It doesn't look bad, it's just not quite what I wanted.

I'm also going to note that the fit isn't very good, but I'm gonna put the blame on me for that. It's short in the sleeves, and very wide in the chest. I double-checked my measurements before I sent them so I really don't know what went on there. This is what bums me out the most. Hopefully it's something that can be fixed at a tailor.

There's been some mixed opinions of the WSL coat as of late, and I'm equally mixed. However, it's important to remember the cost of the coat in comparison to the other options. The WSL coat ($179) is almost 1/3 the cost of the Magnoli coat ($495). With this in mind, it's reasonable to expect that it will also be almost 1/3 of the quality. I would've loved to have bought the Magnoli coat, but it was far out of my budget, especially after the exchange rate and shipping were taken into account. If you're on a budget, the WSL coat is still a pretty decent option. So, if you're planning to purchase the WSL coat my advice is this: keep your expectations reasonable and be specific with any extra requests.

IMG_6689.JPGIMG_6688.JPG

I'm actually going to be ordering a new WSL jacket with all the upgrades tonight and will be doing a full in video depth review for everyone, so I'll definitely keep everyone posted on that! Now that I have the funds, Im also debating ordering one of Magnoli jackets for day to day wear, but Im still on the fence!

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

"I don't like: the wider face guard and the waxing. The wider face guard just didn't come out as great as I would've liked. There's a pretty noticeable gap between the neck and the opening of the face guard, as it's just a straight barrel. I wasn't planning on wearing the face guard up that much anyway, so it's not a huge deal. I also can't even tell if the coat is waxed. Like nexusplexus said, if it's waxed, it's an extremely thin layer."

I know what you mean, I honestly have doubt's if this coat is even waxed. Overall very polite company, with time and feedback they'll be on the road to a flawless coat.
I also had the issue with the neck gap. I'm no tailor, but I'd wager the gap is due to the long side of the collar not being attached to the lapel (as per all WSL coats). I noticed throughout the film the right side of the collar never detaches from the lapel, although they did a good job of concealing the stitching. If you were to recreate the stitching in the same spot, I'd imagine that would do the trick, as long as your collar isn't too tight around your head that is.
Untitled.pngUntitled2.png P1020206.pngpost.png
As you can see here on the right, some examples of Indy Magnoli and Zlurpo doing just that.
**Uridium, I hope you don't mind me using the image of your Magnoli coat for reference

Attachments

• P1020206.png
    P1020206.png
    464.3 KB · Views: 323
I know what you mean, I honestly have doubt's if this coat is even waxed. Overall very polite company, with time and feedback they'll be on the road to a flawless coat.
I also had the issue with the neck gap. I'm no tailor, but I'd wager the gap is due to the long side of the collar not being attached to the lapel (as per all WSL coats). I noticed throughout the film the right side of the collar never detaches from the lapel, although they did a good job of concealing the stitching. If you were to recreate the stitching in the same spot, I'd imagine that would do the trick, as long as your collar isn't too tight around your head that is.
View attachment 786908View attachment 786909 View attachment 786912View attachment 786911
As you can see here on the right, some examples of Indy Magnoli and Zlurpo doing just that.
**Uridium, I hope you don't mind me using the image of your Magnoli coat for reference
Yeah, that could be an easy fix. I'm mostly bummed out about the poor fit. I have to blame that on myself, but I really don't know where I went wrong on my measurements. I'll have to see what a tailor could do I guess.

No problem. My coat does have 4 stitches connecting the lapel to the longer piece of the wrap around collar, I believe i mentioned this in an earlier post.
I said earlier i was thinking of removing, them, I have decided to keep them, to avoid ruining the collar.

20180113_175521.jpg

Uridium, or someone else with the Magnoli coat, can you take a photo with the jacket on with it open in a position like this? (This is from Zlurpo's listing.) I'm interested in the position of the interior pocket(s) on the Magnoli coat.

il_570xN.1387589269_q6mh.jpg

Also, how is the size of the exterior hand-warming pockets? I'm thinking of asking for those to be enlarged, but if they're perfectly adequate to begin with I may just leave them alone.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back