Supernatural Replica "Hunter" 1967 Impala FINISHED

It was awesome seeing them back, it's too bad they wouldn't bring them back permanently. And it was awesome seeing Dean wearing the amulet again.

That question was asked at this past convention in Nashville. I do believe Jensen said that the studio drop about 30k into one of the Impalas and he mentioned he doesn't see it being gone to much longer...one can hope anyway.

That question was asked at this past convention in Nashville. I do believe Jensen said that the studio drop about 30k into one of the Impalas and he mentioned he doesn't see it being gone to much longer...one can hope anyway.

Yeah I know the Impala is coming back, I meant it would be cool to see the spotlights come back permanently.

Can I be a massive ******-bag for just one second? Don't get me wrong, I love the absolute **** outta this car. It's by far the best freaking thing ever made by a Supernatural fan. You've done such an incredible job, so I feel bad even bringing this up. The carpet colour of the original screen used whip isn't black, more like a light to medium brown loop. I took a lot of screen grabs back when I was making my 1/24 model of the impala, which for some reason is still waiting to be finished. I just thought you might like to know.

+1 for the spotties!

Can I be a massive ******-bag for just one second? Don't get me wrong, I love the absolute **** outta this car. It's by far the best freaking thing ever made by a Supernatural fan. You've done such an incredible job, so I feel bad even bringing this up. The carpet colour of the original screen used whip isn't black, more like a light to medium brown loop. I took a lot of screen grabs back when I was making my 1/24 model of the impala, which for some reason is still waiting to be finished. I just thought you might like to know.

+1 for the spotties!

It's actually the original gold they used in the 67' chevrolets ..later on in the seasons they used a custom lighter tan to match..but most people go with black...even Jensen said he liked black the best in a youtube vid...that's also the color Ill prob go with BLACK...be BACK IN BLACK....:thumbsup

This is freaking incredible; words cannot describe how much I am in love with your work on this car. KUDOS!!! :D

Out of interest, where did you learn to restore vintage cars? Because holy crap that one was absolutely gutted when you first bought it. My boyfriend and I want to get into doing something similar, but we have absolutely no idea what we're doing. Did you learn specifically for the Impala, or had you had some experience prior? :)

Sorry for the questions, I know they'll take a while to answer :)

I was never really into cars before watching Supernatural. Then, after I saw the Impala on Supernatural, I knew that had to be my car. :) I pretty much learned everything as I went along, and my dad knows a lot about cars so he knew a lot about the mechanical aspect of the restoration. My best advice would be to just get started. A lot of the parts can be found at Classic Industries or Impala Bobs, and 99% of the interior can be done at home without the use of special tools.

This is freaking incredible; words cannot describe how much I am in love with your work on this car. KUDOS!!! :D

Out of interest, where did you learn to restore vintage cars? Because holy crap that one was absolutely gutted when you first bought it. My boyfriend and I want to get into doing something similar, but we have absolutely no idea what we're doing. Did you learn specifically for the Impala, or had you had some experience prior? :)

Sorry for the questions, I know they'll take a while to answer :)

+1 for the spotties!

Not a problem! lol I know that the correct carpet is a factory GM gold but I just hated the color. That and the fact that dirt shows up easily on GM gold carpeting. :cool

I look at this thread a couple times a week just because of how insanely jealous I am haha. Do you drive the car every day or use it as more of a show car?

I look at this thread a couple times a week just because of how insanely jealous I am haha. Do you drive the car every day or use it as more of a show car?

I would love to drive it everyday, but it's more of a weekend cruiser. I'm going to college and I would drive myself crazy worrying about my car while I was in class. LOL I'm taking the Impala to Showcon (Events « showcon) on May 19th if anyone in TN want to see it. :)

this is so great. i have a 1968 and i was wondering if there are any hints you can pass along for finding parts. the 67 68 and 69 parts are not generally reproduced and makes finding parts a real pain. anny help you could give would be great. thanks

I would love to drive it everyday, but it's more of a weekend cruiser. I'm going to college and I would drive myself crazy worrying about my car while I was in class. LOL I'm taking the Impala to Showcon (Events « showcon) on May 19th if anyone in TN want to see it. :)

do they pay you to have it shown? I figure they advertise and use it as a draw in the crowds, have to be some monetary. I know in some local car shows, they'll pay people who own General Lees and Bandit trans ams to have their cars at shows. Just curious.

this is so great. i have a 1968 and i was wondering if there are any hints you can pass along for finding parts. the 67 68 and 69 parts are not generally reproduced and makes finding parts a real pain. anny help you could give would be great. thanks

Most parts can be found at "Classic Industries" or "Impala Bobs." Just Google those names and you'll find their website. The other harder parts can usually be found on Ebay if you keep your eye out. :cool

do they pay you to have it shown? I figure they advertise and use it as a draw in the crowds, have to be some monetary. I know in some local car shows, they'll pay people who own General Lees and Bandit trans ams to have their cars at shows. Just curious.

I've had offers, but so far I've brought it to car shows/cons for free. A lot of people love the car and it's fun to show off "Hunter." he he :)

Hunter and his backup 4/30/2012

I think this will take care of the Leviathans

DSCN2947-1200.jpg

DSCN2948-1200.jpg

DSCN2945-1200.jpg

DSCN2940-1200.jpg

DSCN2954.jpg

DSCN2955.jpg

DSCN2953-1200.jpg

DSCN2954-1200.jpg

Wonderful job! I've been eyeing a few 67's worth restoring around me too..'Course if I pulled it off to the level you have..I'd make it my daily driver. Screw the harley and pickup truck, Metallicar all the way!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back