Things you're tired of seeing in movies

For me I am so tired of seeing all of these expert fighters! Just once I would like to see someone who is not that skillful at fighting but is just a straight up brawler! Kind of guy who kicks you in the nuts and smashes a beer bottle over your head! LOL

that's what I like about netflix's Luke Cage if you pay attention he is a pretty terrible fighter- he just endures the fight better ( kinda like rocky) and his main value as a fighter is just the ability to keep getting back up.

This appears in SO MANY movies - thriller, drama, comedy, action, etc...

I loathe the formula of the "girl" going out/dating/married to the stereotypical jock/bully type. Its the same ol thing. He abuses her, she reluctantly accepts help from the nice guy. She begins to think, after consulting her girlfriends "...gee whiz... I might be in a bad relationship after all because all my friends hate him (except for the scheming friend) and this other guy is really nice to me...". Then at the last second she goes BACK to the jock/bully type only to have the actual realization when the nice guy is "...getting on a plane and leaving the country..."

more realistic than the ones where a lightbulb goes off and she "realizes" she was in love with the nice guy all along. Because that doesn't happen.

The old trope of someone, typically in horror movies, being cartoonishly evil or despicable as a justification for their eventual death. Any time someone's being a real ******* you know they'll be the first to go.

The old trope of someone, typically in horror movies, being cartoonishly evil or despicable as a justification for their eventual death. Any time someone's being a real ******* you know they'll be the first to go.

Like Mr. Strode in Halloween 6, I wanted him to die the first I saw him.

The disturbing hair stroke with upright arm.

It's a very movie thing. Once you do see it you can't unsee it. Antagonist is having a discussion with the character they have under control and then brings their arm straight up next to their face and starts to pet them or stroke their hair as a kind of transgressive/domination/control/violation gesture before they try to kill the character or inflict harm on them.

When a car in reverse seems to have no problem keeping pace, or even outrunning another vehicle chasing them driving forwards. Have yet to meet a car with that kind of gearing in reverse where you could get that speed, and that's not counting the instability at any significant speed for 99% of the population.
The Dingo can, but it's not exactly a street vehicle. Like someone else said, you can probably do it in a regular car, but only up to a certain speed due to having the single reverse gear.
https://youtu.be/qbKBvG58ayk

Sent from my Hewlett Packard 48G using Tapatalk

Transparent/holographic screens, because there is never sunlight or a high contrast pattern in the background that ruins your ability to read what's on screen.

Tell this to Star Trek Discovery. It seems almost everything is transparent/holographic on the show.

Humans scientists/astronauts looking into eggs that contain extraterrestrial parasite creatures, who then get impregnated by the them because they exercised zero caution when dealing with an unknown life form.

Herp derp. There's a living thing in there! Let me stick my face in it!

Or worse yet... playing with mutated worms that have been evolved by black goo. It's not a smol puppy you're trying to pet, it's first contact with an unknown extraterrestrial species you know nothing about. Don't think I'd go trying to pet it... especially when it has a weird mouth thing that could potentially bite the hell out of me.

When someone is listening to music on their ear buds. We the audience can hear the music and when they pull them out the music stops.

BUT, that is not the problem. It's the fact that they never reach down to their phone to actually turn the music off.

Transparent/holographic screens, because there is never sunlight or a high contrast pattern in the background that ruins your ability to read what's on screen.
I think that is a combination of wanting to look "cool and futuristic" and needing to show actors faces. Which once again reminds me of how awesome Karl Urban was for leaving the helmet on all the way through "Dredd".

Military or special ops vehicles blasting into a scene invariably do so by "jumping" off bushes or curbs or anything conveniently placed right in their path to get them that little extra launch into frame.

Also, watched Fallout over the weekend, and realized that it seems like almost every time someone is shown a picture in a file of some international spy or terrorist, they always have a certain look. If it's a woman, it's in that sweater look with the oversized sunglasses. With guys, it's one of three - either a scruffy guy in a pullover looking off at someone, a guy in fatigues, or a high-priced suit surrounded by body guards. I can get some of them having to fit that profile, but some normal variety would be a welcome change!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back