Bandai release schedule

I am a bit disappointed with Bandai the ball joints on the trooper shoulders don't look that great. The price on the Flacon is so high and I know it's not for everyone but stop with the 1/72 small ships and make some 1/48 ships like the-
Y-wing
B-Wing
Imperial Cargo Shuttle
Nu-class attack shuttle
ARC-170
Quadjumper
Changing and engine position and a couple of colours isn't making me want to buy a new kit..................a new design yes or a ship that hasn't been done in 1/72 by different companies already. I will say that most of the time you can get the large figures at a decent price which is a good thing.

While the latest Bandai announcements are a bit disappointing (at least for me), it is no surprise that they would release Poe's modified X-wing and some of the other hero models. After TFA came out Bandai still managed to get a few ANH, TESB and ROTJ models out in addition to a couple of others. I am looking forward to the next announcement, where they will no doubt release something brand new and probably a few others already released in a smaller scale. Don't forget that a lot of people begged Bandai to do a 1/72 Falcon, and they actually did, albeit a limited and expensive release...but it does show that they aren't slowing down and have the ability to still surprise us.

TazMan2000

Now you show that ARC-170 pic I really want one in 1/48, 1/35 and 1/24 LOL
I think its a classic ship and was wanting more of the cool designs. I was hoping for this in the new movies, doing an X-wing and whacking an engine in the middle is not a WOW factor for me.

Last edited:
It would've been fun to see a couple of Rebel ARC-170s in the Scariff battle in Rogue One. Maybe we'll see a few in the background of the Han Solo movie.

Now you show that ARC-170 pic I really want one in 1/48, 1/35 and 1/24 LOL
I think its a classic ship and was wanting more of the cool designs. I was hoping for this in the new movies, doing an X-wing and whacking an engine in the middle is not a WOW factor for me.
The arc and the republic gunship are two of the best designs in star wars

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The ARC-170 is a perfect example on how to design a fresh and exciting ship and still keep in in the established Star Wars universe. It has early elements of the classic X-Wing along with the retro feel of the WWII torpedo bombers and heavy fighters.

Sadly who ever is approving the new designs for the newest films does not understand this.

I do hope Bandai releases more TLJ kits but quite frankly I am more interested in the unreleased OT craft- those are still the best looking ships.

The ARC-170 is a perfect example on how to design a fresh and exciting ship and still keep in in the established Star Wars universe. It has early elements of the classic X-Wing along with the retro feel of the WWII torpedo bombers and heavy fighters.

Sadly who ever is approving the new designs for the newest films does not understand this.

I do hope Bandai releases more TLJ kits but quite frankly I am more interested in the unreleased OT craft- those are still the best looking ships.

You know what I love about the prequel era? There's so much room for variants. So many great paint jobs.

This is tangential, but I kinda wish Lucasfilm/Disney would take the lead in phasing out the terms "OT" "original trilogy," "PT," "prequel trilogy," "sequel trilogy," etc. At least officially. It's just "Star Wars." Thinking of the films as separate trilogies contributes to the tribalism of fans constantly measuring one against the other, for better or worse. I'm as guilty of it as anyone. It also, IMHO, unnecessarily prompts fans to categorize things that "are" and "are not" Star Wars. Do the chrome-covered Naboo ships look radically different than the greeblie-crusted ships of the Rebellion and Empire? Of course they do. That's the point. They weren't suppose to look the same. They were designed to represent "a more civilized age." Yet, for a lot of fans they look "wrong" because they don't look like the ships from one set of films. Personally, I like contrast. If all these films and designs start looking like carbon-copies of each other it's going to get boring fast -- at least for me.

Snap build of Poe's supped up X-wing:

http://schizophonic9.com/re4/bandai_boostedxwing.html

Hat tip for these, as almost always, to Chaingkaischecky.

Thank you for the link. I'm interested in the clear stand with the joint in the middle he uses to display his figures and ships. Does anybody know how they are called? Whenever I search for fitting stands I find these ugly "U" shaped things in which you simply "hang in" the model.

It would've been fun to see a couple of Rebel ARC-170s in the Scariff battle in Rogue One. Maybe we'll see a few in the background of the Han Solo movie.

I'm hoping that in some future OT era show, movie, or game that we see the Rebels using upgraded Gunships or ARC-170s. Of course the Emperor would most likely make sure that stuff was destroyed when it was replaced so no rebels go ahold of it.

I'm hoping that in some future OT era show, movie, or game that we see the Rebels using upgraded Gunships or ARC-170s. Of course the Emperor would most likely make sure that stuff was destroyed when it was replaced so no rebels go ahold of it.

Indeed

J

Attachments

• Tarkin1.jpg
    Tarkin1.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 96
As TFA showed, however, there's likely space junk and war relics from the Clone Wars spread all over the galaxy. Until Scariff, the Empire didn't even consider the rebellion much of a threat, so I doubt the Emperor was too concerned about what equipment the rebels might get. We did see a functional AT-TE in Rebels (and even some battledroids), so some of this stuff is still lying around. The galaxy has a history and, like 'em or not, the Clone Wars vehicles are a part of that history.

As TFA showed, however, there's likely space junk and war relics from the Clone Wars spread all over the galaxy. Until Scariff, the Empire didn't even consider the rebellion much of a threat, so I doubt the Emperor was too concerned about what equipment the rebels might get. We did see a functional AT-TE in Rebels (and even some battledroids), so some of this stuff is still lying around. The galaxy has a history and, like 'em or not, the Clone Wars vehicles are a part of that history.

I used a similar idea to create my Gunslinger Trooper:

After the final battle of Endor the Empire and its leaders, Vader and Palpatine, were defeated by the Rebels the few remains of the Empire scattered across the Galaxy. Some systems still continued under the Empire even in this weakened form. As we know slowly the Empire evolved into the First Order. Since this took almost 3 decades a lot of the technology that once formed the powerful Empire trickled down to the vast territories and into the hands of a lot of different sentient life forms, some of which used it for its own gain. In view of this the Empire started to collect as much of this technology including of course the various types of personal armor that ended up in the different planets and galaxies where battles occurred. Due to their diminished resources not all of these items could be collected. Its in this setting where this guy obtained the stormtrooper armor he wears. He payed a high price for it and a few lives were wasted along the way. He has become a mercenary and will work for you if the price is right. From assassinations, to trafficking if you can pay him he will be at your side. Due to its efficacy and lethality he has gained a popular, yet mysterious status, as The Gunslinger Trooper. No one knows who he is, where he came from, only that he is human.

The armor has been refitted and maintained as well as he could possibly can under the circumstances. It shows the wear and tear of probably thousands of battles. His weapons of choice are 2 modified blasters in two left and right holsters. It is rumored that he has been recruited by the new wave of rebels for a hefty price. Some high officials of the New Order have shown preoccupation and there is an equally hefty price on his head....

I hope you don't find this boring as hell but I had a blast building this one and imagining all the adventures such a character could have. Here are the pics:

IMG_0864 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

IMG_0866 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

IMG_0872 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

IMG_0876 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

IMG_0881 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

IMG_0890 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

IMG_0878 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

IMG_0897 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

IMG_0894-Edit by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

If you click on the image a better resolution version can be seen. Hope you like!

:D:D:D

Scarecrow Joe ,
Really cool idea , and execution of . Maybe due to the scaling , but the image in my mind ( pic #8 , post #4316 ) , is that the ' Pancho ' he's wearing is another form of armour / protection - ala ' chain mail ' !? . LOL :thumbsup . Thanks for sharing .

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I got my General Grievous kit. It is gorgeous. However, the thing that really caught my attention was the fact that the box carried a BIG CE sign on it! For the record: A "CE" sign is a special approval badge required to e. g. export an Asian product to Western countries. Previously released figures did not have it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CE_marking

SOOOO, is there anything in the works behind the Japanese curtains which might allow the figure kits to be "officially" available in the US and Europe??? :)

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back