Luxeon LED lightsaber : help needed for a novice

PropNut22

Good evening all
I'm trying to plan a build and have really no knowledge of the subject. I've done some basic wiring but that was years and years ago and now this padawan needs some advise. Question 1- is there a very VERY simple wiring diagram for a luxeon led lightsaber set up? Just wanting batteries with a power switch and heat sinked LED no sound . Any simple diagrams or any advice? Question number 2- anyone have any advise on where to get a decently bright blue LED for a simple set up ? Something decent but something that doesn't require and big resistors chips or anything like that lol.

Good evening all
I'm trying to plan a build and have really no knowledge of the subject. I've done some basic wiring but that was years and years ago and now this padawan needs some advise. Question 1- is there a very VERY simple wiring diagram for a luxeon led lightsaber set up? Just wanting batteries with a power switch and heat sinked LED no sound . Any simple diagrams or any advice? Question number 2- anyone have any advise on where to get a decently bright blue LED for a simple set up ? Something decent but something that doesn't require and big resistors chips or anything like that lol.

This is probably the most simple wiring diagram. Battery - switch - LED- resistor.
saber-simple.jpg
• Choose your LED (I'd suggest a star mounted single cree XPE2 for budget and simplicity or a star mounted tri-cree XPE2 for brightness- blue or royal blue for you). Also don't forget the lens and heatsink.
• Check the forward voltage and Max current for the chosen LED.
• Plug the values of the resistor and chosen battery voltage into an online resistor calculator such as: http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz
• Use a simple latching switch that fits the design of your saber hilt.
• Wire the components together and fit them into your saber hilt.
• Attach a polycarbonate blade and have fun!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back