Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

Not the greatest picture, but it's something.

x-23 unicorn shirt.jpg

You can see here that it has some sort of micro skirt bottom sewn onto it.

x-23 unicorn shirt bottom.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:

View attachment 706870

View attachment 706872
'
Right. That has been the best shot of the shirt so far, but that's the shot that's in reverse from all others. I think the unicorn is actually facing the other way. Great point on the bottom of the shirt, you're totally right, I hadn't realized there was that seam there. She needs to look as "girly" or innocent as possible, until the claws come out.:lol

View attachment 706870

View attachment 706872

https://www.zazzle.com/horse_rainbow_t_shirt-235693225881790305

Here is a link to our shirt, 1st design way before we had the better picture to go off. I told my wife to go update it and at least add a horn to it, but obviously we now know the horse is facing the front somewhat. The shirt that would be more correct based on you pointing out that bottom is called a " ruffled T-shirt" but as of today I dont see where you can get it in gray on Zazzle.

Another seller has also made one, it's pretty good and I think her horse face is more accurate:
https://www.redbubble.com/people/br...-lauras-shirt?grid_pos=2&p=t-shirt&style=mens

I dont know if we will put much more effort into the shirt, we might, although at some point someone will stumble upon the actual thing or just make better ones.

Beautiful detail on that mask! Are you going to add anything for the jaw line?

Thank you :)

No since the one visible at the end of The Wolverine didn't appear to have any jawline. It looked to be more of a helmet than a cowl - but it's hard to say with any certainty since you never see the whole thing. I intend on casting these in both resin and rubber to see what I prefer.

A new Logan Trailer. This one's titled as "Logan:The Wolverine". I'm wondering if the marketing department decided that the movie needed a more recognizable title?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_hSXiZVRe0

Screen Shot 2017-02-17 at 9.28.26 PM.png

Also a much more in-depth description of the film with a first review comment.

In 2024 the mutant population has shrunk significantly and the X-Men have disbanded. Logan, whose power to self-heal is dwindling, has surrendered himself to alcohol and now earns a living as a chauffeur. He takes care of the ailing old Professor X whom he keeps hidden away. One day, a female stranger asks Logan to drive a girl named Laura to the Canadian border. At first he refuses, but the Professor has been waiting for a long time for her to appear. Laura possesses an extraordinary fighting prowess and is in many ways like Wolverine. She is pursued by sinister figures working for a powerful corporation; this is because her DNA contains the secret that connects her to Logan. A relentless pursuit begins … In this third cinematic outing featuring the Marvel comic book character Wolverine we see the superheroes beset by everyday problems. They are ageing, ailing and struggling to survive financially. A decrepit Logan is forced to ask himself if he can or even wants to put his remaining powers to good use. It would appear that in the near-future, the times in which they were able put the world to rights with razor sharp claws and telepathic powers are now over.

a new review states: Unburdened by any obligations to a connected universe, Mangold and Jackman finally create a Wolverine movie that follows its narrative threads right to its organic ends. The X-Men series has always been about pushing forward the message that it’s okay to be different, and to embrace the very things that make you stand apart. It’s taken forever, but the filmmakers are finally taking that advice themselves, and it has resulted in Logan, a Wolverine movie that bravely beats with a bloody heart.

Screen Shot 2017-02-17 at 9.28.26 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen the film yesterday at it's world premiere at the Berlinale 2017. Met Stewart and Jackman and had a short chat with them.

You guys should hold your breath. You are in for a ride. They nailed it. And I mean it. I won't spoil anything (the trailers do not even give the slightest hint of the plot) but I can tell you: It is violent and yet comes with so much heart.

Cannot wait to discuss it with you... oh, and the year is 2029 not 2024.

That's awesome that you got to talk a little with Jackman and Stewart!! How was that? What did you talk about??

I had pretty high hopes for it even before the early reviews, and so far all the reviews look really, really good. My biggest concern is that it just won't be "fun" enough, that it will be an awesome movie, but will be somewhat depressing, and not a movie I will want to watch repeatedly. Kinda like Schindler's List. It will be hard enough knowing that it is probably Jackman's last one, but with the tone of the movie, and IF(??) they kill him off in it, it will be hard for me to want to watch it again... That is my biggest fear... Can't wait for the 2nd!! (all the movies always come out a day early in the theaters around here..)

It really is depressing and it hurts (the Johnny Cash song from the teaser catches the mood perfectly). And it's truly is a demanding movie unlike most superhero films. In fact. If it was not for Wolverine's and Laura's claws and Xavier's telepathy, that film would go through as an independent drama.
If you want to catch the mood, go watch JOE or WINTER'S BONE and NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN.
It was simply awesome.

Hugh Jackman told me he was looking forward to some time off, when finishing shooting the greatest showman on Earth, and I asked him if there was the slightest hope we would see him in a DEADPOOL teamup, which he denied. After you have seen the film, you will know, there is simply no better way to go out on a higher note... and it is okay to end it. And boy, he was fun. Dafne was so tired and he joked around with her.

Standing in front of Patrick Stewart... Captain Picard - I grew up with - nearly made me hyperventilate, and I thanked him for so many awesome hours of entertainment and lecture through the characters he portrait... his simply answer was a polite and friendly "... just stop it already!" What a gentleman and humble person.

Cannot wait for you guys to see it.

Screenshot_2017-02-23-00-27-24.png on etsy search unicorn costume someone sells a pretty great rep for lauras top. All I have left to find is those bloody glasses.
Working on my own retractable claws (going to do them comic style due to sizeing the cylindrical claws work better)

All I have left to find is those bloody glasses.

The originals were made by Shopkins, but are no longer available. We're looking to see if we can find a current style with the same shape that we could then use to do a run of accurately colored ones. The only issue is the logo on the side and the cartoon character... I'm guessing Shopkins has that little cupcake design copyrighted. So, we'd probably have to just do something with a "similar" but not identical design. Would anyone else be interested if we did a run of these sunglasses?

Yeah, I heard that. If only.... Seeing Logan teaming up with the Avengers would be great but it won't happen. Fox and Marvel have been pretty clear on how they feel about each other....

The reviews for "Logan" are pouring in.... most call it a definitive and game changing Superhero movie and Jackman's best of his career. I'd love it if it could be up for an oscar as it probably should be but this early in the season, I doubt it.

The reviews for "Logan" are pouring in.... most call it a definitive and game changing Superhero movie and Jackman's best of his career. I'd love it if it could be up for an oscar as it probably should be but this early in the season, I doubt it.

It'll win Best Picture like La La Land did, for about 30 seconds.

Seriously though I can't wait for this film. I'm watching It Thursday night the first showing!

Saw it tonight at 10:23 amazing viewing experience no trailers just sit down lights off start the film.
It is truly the best superhero film and blows the likes of dark knight out of the water.
Looking forward to doing my logan and X23 costumes and I'm hoping someone replicates the comic books seen in the film they would be a brilliant prop. Dafne is exceptional I hope to see more of her in the xmen franchise

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back