So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron?

Anyone have luck with Snap Wexley's boots? They are different, with fasteners on the front and a leather "cover" piece.

SWexleyBoots.jpg

Hello everyone I'm new to the RPF, I'm in the planning stages of doing a pilot and this thread has been extremely helpful. Thank you to everyone thats put so much time and effort into the research. If this has been covered already and I just missed it feel free to push me in the right direction, but what material has everyone used to make their flight vest out of? Nylon Cotton vinyl?

Does anybody have any thoughts on the width of that ruffle elastic? I bought the orange stuff that's 3" wide and there's just no way the screen used is that wide.

Does anybody have any thoughts on the width of that ruffle elastic? I bought the orange stuff that's 3" wide and there's just no way the screen used is that wide.

If you look at some of the pics posted earlier in this thread, they didn't use elastic at all. The trim is some sort of woven material (simple plain weave) that doesn't look to quite match the fabric of the flight suit itself. I expect it's a commercial product but have no idea what it is.

It was already IDed earlier in the thread, it's called ruffle elastic. It's an elastic that's been covered with a fabric. It's available in orange at a 3" width, but it's only available in 2" in a couple colors.

Hi guys, really need your help here!
I've read every page in this forum and I really need to know if we have a clear winner for the jumpsuit colour?
Like a PMS# number or something? Also, what fabric is being used for both the jumpsuit and vest?
I want to go pick up the fabric but im worried to choose the wrong thing since sowing and fabric is my weakness lol!
Please let me know and if we have a PMS# then we will all be consistent.

ps: is it just me or does the colour of the jumpsuit change in the ripples down the arm?

new guy here :p
Thanks for all the great help

It was already IDed earlier in the thread, it's called ruffle elastic. It's an elastic that's been covered with a fabric. It's available in orange at a 3" width, but it's only available in 2" in a couple colors.

No, actually, it's not. Looks at the high res pics of the trim on a sleeve. It's not the elastic, it's a woven product. The elastic is incorrect.

This was posted here on the RPF by someone who took the pic. https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=ZVp3TUNMM0JxRV9mcW14dDVrU2tXNkNVRkRNeTBB

Last edited:
No, actually, it's not. Looks at the high res pics of the trim on a sleeve. It's not the elastic, it's a woven product. The elastic is incorrect.

This was posted here on the RPF by someone who took the pic. https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=ZVp3TUNMM0JxRV9mcW14dDVrU2tXNkNVRkRNeTBB

I have no idea where you'd be able to get it in strips, but what about something like a beanie material? Some beanie material has ribbing that looks very close and the material texture looks similar...

img-thing

2787626-p-4x.jpg

And actually, look at this one. The width of the puffy ribbing seems to be very similar to the flightsuit and the space between each rib seems to be similar. It even has the smooth band and the edges are slightly puckered...
http://img1.cohimg.net/is/image/Coa...n=0&resMode=bicub&op_usm=5,0.2,0,0&iccEmbed=0

Though the ribbing on the flightsuit looks to be more like a cotton or duck rather than wool but even so...

Last edited:
I have no idea where you'd be able to get it in strips, but what about something like a beanie material? Some beanie material has ribbing that looks very close and the material texture looks similar...

I looked at that, too. But it's not woven, it's a knit and the fabric texture is different. The stuff on the sleeves is definitely woven.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back