Immortan Joe costume from Mad Max, Fury Road

Asked a friend of mine back home last night if he would rip the badge off his Mazda 929 and send it to me. He refused. *sigh* Worth a try haha.

I was going to pay for postage! :p

Having said that, the lower scroll says "TEXAS," no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean, stylistically if it's a county sheriff's patch, it would say [COUNTYNAME] up on the top scroll and "COUNTY" on the bottom. I feel like I see "KAS" on the bottom at the start of the scroll reading left to right, or else I would just assume that's actually an XAS preceded by TE. :p

From looking, I get the impression that most county police patches use the seal of their respective counties, rather than an icon of the state itself, though.

God awful picture of me - but my widows peak arda "Tauriel" wig in Titanium Blonde. I haven't cut the lace off yet so it makes my forehead look all wrinkly. View attachment 517608

wow, great wig! the widows' peak really sells it! unfortunately for me, i don't think a wig like this would work for me. i have a really small forehead, with how far i'd have to pull the wig down in order to hide my own hairline, the widows' peak would end up an inch or two above my eyebrows, probably wouldn't make for a very menacing look! :lol

Thanks aeonpulse! I guess having a 4.5-head has to help sometimes (there is a reason I have bangs/a fringe normally). I just need to mess it up, get it a bit ratty looking, and cut a few inches off it (it comes to the top of my hips at the moment) and then it'll be good to go. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just need to take a minute to once again say how impressed I am by my fellow Joes on here. The intricate detail research and time you guys/girls have been putting into this costume is amazing, and you've made my life so much easier. @Ein, I know you have another Joe thread focused primarily on 3D printing, anything else you can think of that needs to be modeled? I'm more experienced in architectural / non-organic modeling than I am in organic shapes. I hope to get the "1100" leg badge done tonight, and start work on the ceremonial belt he wears in the beginning.

Also, who will be at Dragon*Con and what day/night are you wearing your costume? I think I'm aiming for Saturday night.

Last little note on those patches - it looks like they're cut down from larger ones?

9KYC6IIl.jpg

The star on the patch on the back of his arm is the same size and colors as the one on the front of the arm. It looks very likely to me that they knifed out the star shape from a larger embroidery patch. The bottom text there also definitely says "SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT" so that might be a clue to tracking those down.
aestheticus, I know there are GX badges and stuff on the legs that I haven't gotten to yet if you want to take a crack at those. There's also the assembly that the motorcycle filters attach onto that I was aiming to 3d print, but since I have already done the filters I figured I'd do those parts to scale as well. If you feel inclined to make the tiny little piston that hangs off his chest with the chains, I'd appreciate that. :D

Attachments

• 9KYC6IIl.jpg
    9KYC6IIl.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 9KYC6IIl.jpg
    9KYC6IIl.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 9KYC6IIl.jpg
    9KYC6IIl.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 9KYC6IIl.jpg
    9KYC6IIl.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 9KYC6IIl.jpg
    9KYC6IIl.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 41
Air compressor piston. "Yes" on the cut out and stack patches. What about the wording on the rectangular patch under the bottle caps? Any idea?

Air compressor piston. "Yes" on the cut out and stack patches. What about the wording on the rectangular patch under the bottle caps? Any idea?

Not sure what it says - but looks upside down to me.

Edit:

Yep look at it upside down. Texas. Written in some fancy font.

Ein - In the other thread Hamsterstyle did the GX, XL, and 500 badges for the legs. I think he also did the 'Grinder' badge on there, but the .stl of it was another '500' one. I modified the GX .stl for ease of printing and can submit that if Hamster is ok with it. I'll add the piston to my list. What I used for that part on my costume was this keychain from Amazon.

Playing with fonts and paint (what a useful days work!)

Screen Shot 2015-08-21 at 11.10.38 am.png

Is approximately:

Texas.png

Maybe not quite that colour though.

Edit: I think the patch is made of some kind of digital camo, not tan, the more I look at it.

I never would have figured that out. Good job! What font did you use?

Cloister Black - third from the top here:

http://www.1001fonts.com/blackletter-fonts.html?page=7&items=10

- - - Updated - - -

http://i.imgur.com/e5oj9Tem.jpgp

This is about the best I can suss out for the embroidery patches. I've done it up in a vector format - I might shop it around and see if I can get a quote on getting these embroidered.

Oh wow! That's awesome!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back