Bandai release schedule

YES.

40 year wait finally over! Wow.

IMG_0793.png

I thought about it a lot and decided to go ahead and order the special edition B-Wing from CultMan. I figure the cost of the standard edition plus the cost of the Bandai lighting kit will total up about the same.
Nothing is certain- CultMan is taking preorders for their next restock of this kit, they may not get enough to go around but I figured I might as well give it a try.

EDIT-
Somebody posted on SSM that the lighting unit for this B-Wing is a standard Bandai Gunpla LED but with an orange LED. Is anyone familiar with this unit and it's availability?

Last edited:
Somebody posted on SSM that the lighting unit for this B-Wing is a standard Bandai Gunpla LED but with an orange LED. Is anyone familiar with this unit and it's availability?

Some Gundam kits (usually in the 1/100 scale) as well as a few other kits by Bandai have a way to be lit up with a Gunpla LED. They're essentially pre-wired LED units that only require batteries.

Kits that include samples of a Gunpla LED include the Master Grade 00 Raiser (green), the Master Grade RX-78-02 Special Edition (yellow and pink), the 1/2 BB-8 (red), and the HG Gipsy Avenger DX (yellow).

The green, yellow, and red LEDs are sold in packs of two, though the yellow ones are P-Bandai if I remember correctly.

EDIT: I posted the above text on my phone during my lunch hour. Here's what a Gunpla LED looks like:

41vddUl2r5L._SX425_.jpg
Image from Amazon

Last edited:
The B-wing lights are yellow.

The only thing about this kit I do not like. ROTJ clearly shows the engines to be red like the X-wings. It was the A-wing's whose engine glow was yellow. Given the price of the kit direct from Bluefin, I'm not going to invest in my own lighting for it since it is minimal unless I want to add some lights to the cockpit controls. Other than that, another home run from Bandai for Star Wars modeling.

I need a break from the tedium I have put myself in on the Zvezda anyway. So this will be a nice departure for a little while.

Odd, because the promo shots of the standard B-Wing have a red LED. Maybe the SDCC B-Wing was meant to have a yellow LED and they accidentally copied the insert manual and pasted it into the standard manual?

Capture.JPG
Image from HobbySearch

Last edited:
The Studio model had Yellow bulbs.....you can see them as yellow in the film.....they added the red outer glow afterwards

attachment.png

attachment.png

Compare the engines of the X & B's

J

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-04 at 22.55.08.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-04 at 22.55.08.png
    320.4 KB · Views: 762
  • Screen Shot 2018-08-04 at 22.55.57.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-04 at 22.55.57.png
    840.1 KB · Views: 784

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back