Gate Keys from Ready Player One

From the get-go to the latest trailer and poster drops I’ve be in. I’ll admit I haven’t read the book but have just order it.

From the looks of it this one is going to be FILLED with goodies. I mean, it’s basically all of our favorites wrapped in one.

so because of this I went ahead and ordered the Funko gate keys. For less than $20, why not? If you sign up with the mailing list and wait a bit you’ll get a 30% discount code for Hot Topic.

IMG_1318.jpg..IMG_1319.JPG...IMG_1320.JPG
IMG_1321.JPG..IMG_1322.JPG

Resin or plastic....but otherwise very cool. :D

Last edited:
Very cool.

No inscriptions it looks like though. Either way, still a good pieces for the price. I was just curious if they would have those on each key. I got mine coming in sometime soon.

Maybe the inscriptions will be done with CG in the film(if at all). Also, the book was great! I couldn’t put it down. Started and finished it over the weekend.

Ready for the movie :thumbsup

I made a close approximation STL file and checked the price to print in solid copper. It's over $200.

I'm thinking maybe someone can do a cold cast copper and get it more affordable.

I made a close approximation STL file and checked the price to print in solid copper. It's over $200.

I'm thinking maybe someone can do a cold cast copper and get it more affordable.

I'm planning on doing a full cast-copper one over the summer. As soon as i get my Foundry Burner back online.

Also finally heading to Hot Topic this weekend for the plastic keys. I've put that off for far too long.

I'm planning on doing a full cast-copper one over the summer. As soon as i get my Foundry Burner back online.

Also finally heading to Hot Topic this weekend for the plastic keys. I've put that off for far too long.

Sounds good, I'll see if I can wait that long. Also, the plastic keys have a tiny bit of raised writing on them. It would be better if the writing was removed when you make the mold. Or are you making your own original key to cast copies of? I have a 3D model if you'll give me a nice discount on the Copper key. :D

There was discussion that the crystal key has some sort of silver outline going on around the key.

I recived my Funko keys and couldn’t resist:

D55EA9FC-8E76-4964-9620-BE7D74EF3DF2.jpeg

Hard to tell, but there’s some silver outline I put on the top part so far. Looks cool IMO

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back