Battlestar Galactica (NEW FILM)

I hope the movie will be based on the 70's series than the NuBSG.

I just hope they hire a team of actual concept designers and not some illustrators for the ship designs.

And now is a good time to make this movie because SW is sinking with the mess that is TLJ.

I hope they take that "All this has happened before and will happen again" concept and run with it. I like the idea that the human race is caught in an endless loop. Kind of like the Legend of Zelda Games.

So if you ask me, I'd like this version to take place as a sequel to Nu-BSG. So that it occurs in OUR future (and the past of the 70's show when the same inevitable conflict occurs.

So that it's about fleeing our solar system to find Kobal.

When I was a kid, I thought the events of Battlestar Galactica took place thousands of years ago.
I thought that when they finally found Earth, they would be the founders of the Egyptian civilization.
Galactica 1980 ruined that notion, but NuGalactica sort of got it right.

What I hope for most is the family driven aspect of TOS, Apollo was so great a character always pursuing the high ground as best he could,
even Adama needed his guidance at times.
TOS if anything greatly about family, faith, morality, sacrifice for others, warrior/defender mentality, all those things.
Fingers crossed they find that touchstone again. Otherwise
lots of guys fighting in space because... reasons, is not very special.

I hope they take that "All this has happened before and will happen again" concept and run with it. I like the idea that the human race is caught in an endless loop. Kind of like the Legend of Zelda Games.

So if you ask me, I'd like this version to take place as a sequel to Nu-BSG. So that it occurs in OUR future (and the past of the 70's show when the same inevitable conflict occurs.

So that it's about fleeing our solar system to find Kobal.

Oh my! I was thinking of the same thing. Instead of finding earth, we are on the way to find Kobol. This would have work better for the nuBSG series because they are wearing earth clothes and using weapons in use today.

Whichever case, I just hope they know that this new movie they are going to make have the potential to be as big or even bigger than Disney SW. I am just excited to know they are still pushing this movie forward and certainly hope they will included a few new awesomely designed Vipers in the movie. Unless they get Ruin Johnson to write and direct than its buhbye BSG from me.

I KNEW this was going to happen. :facepalm

I don’t know anything about Red Sparrow but my friends who I trust their judgements said it was trash.

Hunger games meh, that Battle Royal rip off was a one and done with me

These idiots always have to try and come up with something that has nothing to do with why the Original was so beloved.

As I posted before, any chance of resurrecting BSG died with Larson and Hatch :unsure

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/ba...y-gender-swapped-characters-francis-lawrence/
How about we just return the story to the way it was originally written, rather than play these silly games with characters?

"the war against masculinity has been won" and that "a television show based on hope, spiritual faith, and family is unimagined and regurgitated as a show of despair, sexual violence and family dysfunction".

"Women are from Venus. Men are from Mars. Hamlet does not scan as Hamletta. Nor does Han Solo as Han Sally. Faceman is not the same as Facewoman. Nor does a Stardoe a Starbuck make. Men hand out cigars. Women "hand out" babies. And thus the world, for thousands of years, has gone round".

-Dirk Benedict

Just go read any story on Syfy,com. If you have more than one white man in a movie now, your movie is horrible. That's Hollywood's narrative in 2018. They're more concerned with the race/gender spectrum on a movie than writing a good story that just happens to be diverse. They are doing things backwards to be PC. But hey it's their money to p*ss away, just like the Ghostbusters sequel where they were more concerned with being PC than writing a good story. You want more diverse roles? WRITE THEM that way instead of swapping everyone. I mean the Black Panther movie is proof. Write a great story.

Well my dream of a great BSG movie has hit the dust like everyone elses. My new dream is to win the lottery and make the most misogynistic, man powered, over the top, backward thinking, 70's style spy movie I can. But i'm sure external pressure would end up with it being called JANE BOND..... so maybe i'll save my money.

Come on Hollywood, get with the program. Every survey shows at least 70% of WOMEN hate whats happening to beloved characters with gender swaps but unfortunately its the other percentiles that are shouting the loudest so get what they want......... and then dont go and see the movies they have insisted get made, which then bomb and us who didnt want it made in the first place get blamed for being sexist. If an idea for a movie is terrible its gonna terrible and thats it.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR FAVOURITE MOVIES AND RUIN THEM........ BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEEEEEEDOOOOOOOM!!! to not go and see them.

Although I AM looking forward to Willomena Wonka's Chocolate factory or Charlene and the Chocolate factory..... they havent decided which title to use yet.

TOS HAD strong female characters! ****** they had them as warriors!!I Fighter pilots.
I don't get WTF their malfunction is?

They have to advance their political narrative and are rarely challenged when wrong.

It is an insult to the creators of the original series and degrades the performances of actresses like Maren Jensen and Anne Lockhart.
Athena and Sheba were warriors before the destruction of the fleet and the need for more pilots was covered as a great plot point not as a means of propaganda.

But then you can't let the reality of the situation or real history of a production get in the way of ideology.

Edit: If these "enlightened" people are so concerned about a lack of diversity... then they were insulted back in the day when the races of Boomer and Tigh were changed?

Again these people are rarely challenged.

Last edited:
IIRC, they were pilots before the attack, and only became warriors when all of the guys were down sick and they needed replacements. Athena, at least, since I don't think Sheba was in the series yet.

Yes, Athena was flying a shuttle but wearing the uniform of a warrior during her first on screen appearance. She is also wearing the warrior's tan and brown, later in the pilot episode, after Starbuck balls it up and they have a fight in the passageway.
Later in the series, she switched over to wearing the blue uniform of a bridge officer.

Sheba we have to assume that she was a warrior, since the disappearance of the Pegasus predates the pilot episode, and she was not just a pilot when introduced but a flight lead.

Edit: Also in the pilot episode Athena is shown wearing a G-suit under her uniform which is odd because it isn't required to fly a shuttle.
We know she isn't a Viper pilot because she is in the same flight class that Serina attends when Serina and the other young ladies become warriors.

From appearances it looks like Athena was a warrior just not a fighter pilot.
Plus, Serina said as such in dialog with Apollo, "Your own sister's a pilot and a warrior."

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back