Justice League

The trailer looks like garbage. But,I'm going to actually watch the movie before I form an opinion of it. Maybe I'll like it, maybe not. I liked Man of Steel and Wonder Woman. I thought BvS was terrible and I couldn't even sit through Suicide Squad. But I'll give the movie a chance. To make up your mind, either way, about a movie at this point is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Second Reminder: It's quite alright to enjoy multiple film types/tones/genres/styles. Insane, I know. I'll see both Thor and Justice League - :popcorn mental!

If I get you right I think this is in response to my comment. If not, my apologies. I wasn't saying you couldn't like multiple film styles, far from it. That would be incredibly dull. What I meant was that the current DC universe is trying to as dark/gritty as the Dark Knight trilogy, while inserting little "laugh lines" so that it's "funny". I'm not trying to start a so called flame war here, but the difference between the MCU and DC is that marvel can take their goals (dark/gritty and humorous/lighthearted), and find a comfortable midpoint, usually closer to lighthearted, and successfully insert emotion etc. DC, on the other hand, takes their goals, and tries to take everything from each goal and crunch them together, and then they paint over the entire thing with explosions. So. Many. Explosions.

The above is my opinion. I see no reason why these boards should be reserved only for overtly positive comments. What would their purpose be then? Perhaps there's a reason there are more negative comments than positive. I wonder what it could be....

Also, I wasn't even referring to the cgi when I said it looked like crap. I'm quite easily satisfied when it comes to effects.

reelprops gee, thanks genius, I didn't know I could do that. You just saved me $10!!!

@Matty_matt agreed. But I would expect a trailer released this close to the movie would have some meat on its bones plot wise, and if this is all they've got, well, I suppose it'll fit in well with MOS and BvS. Explosions incoming.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was I speaking to you? Don’t come here attacking me because I stated a friggin fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry, I did think you were speaking to me. And I was attempting to good naturedly spar through sarcasm. No real offense intended.

I rarely post up in these type of threads because of all the different opinions on the topics. I purposely don’t direct my comments to any one person because I don’t want to offend anyone, I just simply speak my mind in general. That being said, it’s all good.

Reel

It cracks me up that every criticism of the DC movies can be equally applied to the Marvel movies. Fun movies yes, but filled with incredibly stupid moments, characters who were all born with the same sense of humor, and so much bad CGI they mostly look like cartoons. Why those pieces of fluff get a pass is beyond me...
Nah, thats where youre wrong man. None of the DC movies have been fun at all. Hell, even Wonder Woman wasnt really that "fun" of a movie. What pisses me off is the narrative. The complete 180 regarding Superman. How he was portrayed in MoS then BvS as being all unsure, and the people didnt know if he was good or not etc, now the world is "without hope" and that he was the only thing preventing all kinds of war and atrocities? Its horrible hack writing by people that dont know the characters. The same kind of tone at the end of BvS is all over this movie. "Oh hey I was going to kill you, and I hated you the entire 2 hours, but now we are friends". Same thing. Two movies about how Superman is wondering if what he is doing is right etc, now this movie, all of a sudden, its "Superman was our savior and we arent protected without him and he was great, and I made him a promise blah blah blah". It doesnt hold water. And its frustrating that the film makers and Hack Snyder went that direction.

Whats funny about your comment is not even why most of the DC movies are bad.

Nobody is "wrong" when it comes to subjective opinion. Although I agree they didn't earn the "the world looked up to him and now he's gone" thing, saying the movie is going to be utter crap because of that no matter what the end result is is...well, utter crap.

It’s very simple. You don’t like what you see? DONT GO !!

Literally, if every butthurt DC and Marvel fanboy could just get this in their heads, the internet would be a much better place. I'm more of a Marvel fan than I am with DC, but I can admit that I'm liking what I'm seeing with the trailers, but I have been disappointed before. But then again, they brought in Joss Whedon. Is he gonna make it better or worse? Who knows? That's why I'm gonna give it a shot, though I'm not gonna set my expectations too high.

This movie looks like a steaming turd, and to be honest I haven't liked a single thing I've seen.
Will I be seeing it in theaters? You can bet your ass I will be!

If I leave and it has matched my already low expectations.. cool. I still got to sit down and enjoy a movie with my favorite superhero in it.
If it exceeds my expectations.. better! It is not life or death folks.. it's a few dollars and a few hours of your time.

Color me stupid... but for fun I watched the trailer with the old Super Friends opening theme.
Not too bad.

Yes,The trailer could do with a re-edit... perhaps the production team will smooth out the learning curve on the trailers and surprise us all by making a good movie.

I appreciate your opinions. I'm not into a whole thing, so I'll just respond to a few bits.

I wasn't aware that we have transcripts of the script? So how do you know what is Whedon and what is Terrio? I don't really care that we can "just tell" - it isn't confirmed. And in that trailer, there was literally one line that I can imagine you're on about. "That's not the saying. That's the opposite of what the saying is." I'll concede it sounds a little light hearted. Oh wait...that's the tone we were headed towards anyway. etc.

If you're talking about Cyborgs design? Fair play, your opinion. I personally like the alien metal/angular design. The CGI looks absolutely fine. I won't claim it's utterly outstanding, but it looks damn good for what they are pulling off. The CGI overall in this film looks phenomenal - if you understand just how much CGI is in these big blockbuster films, I don't think it's a valid complaint. And if you also think Thor, Infinity War, X-Men, Kingsman etc are all fine but this specific film isn't? (Not saying you do, merely an example at large) then I have nothing to say to that, because none of these films have perfect CGI. Not even close.

Again, Flash is a young version of BA. We only get one film Flash, so they've incorporated bits of Wally too. You're reacting to the actor's natural delivery it seems?- personal preference. The design of the Flash suit is functional - the wires are there to ground the energy he creates. He builds the suit himself. It all ties into the character - smart, self driven, but young, and impressionable. Honestly can't see whats wrong with that.

Won't go into "gloomy" Superman. You've demonstrated solid understanding of the story, so if that's how you interpret a guy who is trying to do the right thing as he faces some difficulties, then fair enough. IMO - he's one of the most genuine, deep feeling, introverted but honourable Supermen we've ever had.

Slap dash crap-tastic? Yeah - pretty certain the hundreds of people working on this film just thought "you know what...I'll just phone it in". Well thought out criticism with validity is fine of course, I'd never argue against hearing that, but I think that's just a bit ****ty to say about hundreds of people's collaborative efforts to create something together, while we sit on message boards tearing it down with our "superior" knowledge and understanding. Again - not really a dig at you specifically, but it irks me.

You'd have been better off just saying she had some points and leave at that.

They've given us a couple trailers and a prior movie and MoS as well - so there's plenty of room there to formulate opinions.

I'll go so far as to say that this could wind up being good, who knows. But, if they cranked out another 250 for it and over advertise like last time - it's gonna suffer out of sheer stupidity.

People have wanted to see this for years, there's no question. Should they be told to just take whatever they're give an be happy with it? Hell no.

Apparently these characters are extremely important to you, and that's fine. But you seem to come across as the uber-defender of DC and in your view it's as if they can do no wrong. Again, that's fine, but there's no need to do it over and over.

It's very possible for a group of people to work on something and it comes out like !@#$. And in which case, the criticism is well deserved. Trying doesn't absolve you from criticism.

Maybe saying this definitely will suck now, without you or anyone seeing it is wrong. But as noted before, they've shown enough of their past work and this work for people to decide if it's worth seeing in a theater or not. And no one can be faulted for their decision.

What's awesome is that everyone commenting in this thread will go see this movie, even if they think it will suck! I don't pay much attention to who directs or writes films so I don't go in with a bias based on behind the scenes stuff. Having just seen the trailer it looks pretty similar to Avengers ( I could only sit through that once) but I'll be in the theater for it, if only to see Gal as Wonder Woman again.
Ironic side note, Marvel comics I own out number DC comics more than 10 to 1. My movie shelf only has X-Men representing Marvel but I have 5 Superman movies, a Batman film and Suicide Squad ( that one wasn't my choice!) ;)

What's awesome is that everyone commenting in this thread will go see this movie, even if they think it will suck! I don't pay much attention to who directs or writes films so I don't go in with a bias based on behind the scenes stuff. Having just seen the trailer it looks pretty similar to Avengers ( I could only sit through that once) but I'll be in the theater for it, if only to see Gal as Wonder Woman again.
Ironic side note, Marvel comics I own out number DC comics more than 10 to 1. My movie shelf only has X-Men representing Marvel but I have 5 Superman movies, a Batman film and Suicide Squad ( that one wasn't my choice!) ;)

Wrong. I have no intention of giving any of my money to "Buttman". I highly doubt he will be able to scrub the distasteful image many have of him right now before this movie premieres. He's already admitted to groping one young lady, and another has already come forward to accuse him.

Well I was unaware of Ben's issue, so I stand corrected. I guess we'll see how that all plays out but if someone can engage in that behavior and get to the most powerful position in the world then I doubt it will effect a films box office success, unless it rises to a Cosby level.

One thing from the trailer I'm surprised nobody caught (or at least that nobody brought up) is that Flash shot where he's running up the stairs and looks like he smashes his foot against a stair.

SMH. Never ceases to amaze or disgust me how so many lack any moral fortitude to boycott a product when it is associated with a known POS. Hollywood is finally paying a price. Hopefully the flood gates will open wide and the very many victims will get some justice and perhaps maybe a little peace.

Seriously people. Does is not matter because it didn't happen to you?

It's not just a Hollywood issue. There are lots of issues very similar to this - some much worse. Just look at Washington DC or some college campuses. It matters - it matters a lot.

I'm fearful to get too political - but, it just became much easier to get away with sexual assault on college campuses and we have leaders that brag about certain things while others have resigned in disgrace from their actions. It's not a Hollywood issue - it's a world issue. One in five women will be raped during their lifetime, One in four young girls will be victimized (and one in six boys).

Morality has it place. I respect people that openly defend their convictions.

Yet, we are discussing actors playing fictional people who are heroic... but how many actors really embody the characteristics of the characters they play.
If that is the metric to measure a film's worth then nothing has been produced worth watching since Audie Murphy.

I personally have a very low tolerance for injustice but the RPF is not the venue for such discussions...
and over the years I have learned that life has a funny way of balancing the scales,
just not in ways that are easily predictable or understood.

Justice and the Law are not always the same and may not be equal.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back