Han Solo Force Awakens Blaster is HFC (and now also a Maurshin) m712 airsoft pistol

Re: Han Solo Force Awakens Blaster is HFC (and now also a Maurshin) m712 airsoft pist

I feel like the barrel should be slightly longer, but looks cool!

Here are two snaps I took at LB Orlando, nothing really new but still:

wLmryUv.jpg

kNhEOKy.jpg

Again, nothing new here, but I figured I would post them.

They way the case is set up, there aren't a lot of angles you can get.

I will say though, the 'sight post' and the barrel sleeve look to be one piece.

Re: Han Solo Force Awakens Blaster is HFC (and now also a Maurshin) m712 airsoft pist

Yeah, it looks a whole to me too, there's no seam, but it doesn't touch the silencer for 0,10mm or so...

The bull barrel maybe it's a bit short, I didn't change what I had, just removed the t-track with the antennas and did the new sight. I probably got it wrong since I modelled it:
DL-44 ANH 01.png
DL-44 ANH 02.png

http://i.imgur.com/wLmryUv.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kNhEOKy.jpg

I'd be surprised if it were one piece. It would be a lot harder to make and for no real reason... and then Ford couldn't snap it off easily like the ANH one ; )

Also shows Allen key screws in the mount rather than slots like the ANH.

Thanks for the pic!

Hi!

Got the TFA grill modelled, the scale is more or less correct, and I think the round cut is accurate.
HFC-M712-Modif-03.png

Your model looks pretty good. But to match TFA, your bull barrel needs to be a little longer. The scallops in the rear of the flash hider need to be a little shorter. The knurling on the flash should extend a little bit more up to the front of the flash suppressor. Also, I can't see from this angle, but the bull barrel and the flash supressor should be one piece and the back of the flash suppressor should be solid (unlike the original).

Hi!

Got the TFA grill modelled, the scale is more or less correct, and I think the round cut is accurate.
View attachment 574285

Noted! Thanks for the comments, I'll correct them :) Yes, the bull barrel and the supressor are one piece, solid like ROTJ.

Very much appreciated.

Edit:
There are more holes and more scallops:
- Supressor: 10 rows of 6 holes (instead of 8 rows)
- Scallops: 16 (instead of 14)

Last edited:

Does this mean I don't have to grind down the section where the barrel meets the body of the pistol? Grinding that down so the bull barrel sits flush was one of the most daunting tasks on my Denix for my last build. I KNEW I was going to screw it up, and sure enough when I ground it down and installed my bull barrel it wasn't even and while it's not really noticeable when the full blaster is built it looks sloppy. If I can skip that on this TFA build that would just be awesome. :lol

http://i.imgur.com/wLmryUv.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kNhEOKy.jpg

I hear a lot of people talking about gluing the scope mount to the side of the blaster. I personally would like it screwed on...is there a reason most people are opting for glue?
Is the metal not thick enough to take the screw?

I built a greedo killer from a Denix some years ago and attached the mount with screws and it worked great.

DARTH SABER A lot of people will using a working gun as the base and not a replica so they want to retain functionality.

Last edited by a moderator:

Got it.
so theres no way to drill and still maintain functionality?

Only if the metal is thick enough. Maybe a combo of drill/ thread and glue. If there is enough depth the screw/ bolt would be best.
I will be checking out the HFC with DEC making the kits next week and see what options there are.

for those looking for a static, non air soft firing prop, the bolts should be fine.

maybe a special made super flat head bolt from the inside? I made one for my MGC ANH replica. Worked great.

Given the metal is thick enough, one could just drill just deep enough not to pierce the other side, tap it and put the threaded rod in with some loctite and it won't go anywhere.

If the metal is thick enough. But you would likely have to drill through to tap the hole. A blind tap by hand could be difficult.
We did the same for the ANH builds on Denix and MGC bodies. The rear was no problem. The front mag well is too thin for a good tap but you could get a little.
The tap with gluing the spacers would be strong enough.

Is it recommended to take the gun apart when drilling and tapping? I didn't have the luxury of time on my last Denix build and I just plunged right into the back of the gun while it was fully assembled and completely blew the inner workings of the trigger and hammer. I'd hate to make that same mistake on my HFC.

Yes indeed. Take it apart. There are a few vids posted that show the take down process.

If if you will be using the DEC TFA blaster parts kit, wait to drill until the kit is done so the holes line up perfectly. The cross bar will most likely be used as a guide.

Awesome! Thank you. That was the missing link. I'm definitely going to wait to have the kit in hand before I do anything more than slap in the short magazine. That's as far as my conversion has gone so far, and as far as it will go until then.

Just got my HFC, besutful work on this, nice heft and the metal feels sturdy.

I was planning in removing the selector selector switch.
Im assuming that unscrewing the screw on the opposide side will do the trick?
Also, will removing this screw dislodge other internal components?
I dont want to unscrew this and then find out that it not only released the selector switch on the opposite side but it also messed up the housing for the hammer or something.

No, you can remove the selector switch/screw without affecting anything else. I've already had mine apart. ;)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back