Solo: A Star Wars Story

Vader is iconic but it's not necessary to shoe horn him into a story that has nothing to do with him.

Plus I disagree with the notion that a movie about Han Solo's origins was one fans had nagging questions to. Again this movie was just a checklist of back stories that were mentioned in previous movies and didn't do much to bring anything new to the character.

Rogue One had nothing to do with Vader? I guess then that it had nothing to do with the Empire either. In terms of shoehorning a character in look no further than Darth Maul in Solo. There are some things that people say on this forum as well as on other forums that it just makes me wanna clobber their skulls in with a baseball bat.

Will this be the first SW movie to actually lose money? Seems impossible to even imagine such a thing. Seems like it needs to clear perhaps $330M??...

"With an estimated $83.3 million over the three-day weekend, Solo: A Star Wars Story is the weekend's #1 film and while Disney is currently anticipating a $101 million, the question remains as to whether it will be able to bring in enough to reach $100 million over the four-day holiday frame. Disney entered the weekend projecting a performance anywhere from $130-150 million for the four-day weekend and with a reported $300 million price tag before prints and advertising this weekend's performance is extremely disappointing."

Said this in another thread, but for Disney, brand awareness and saturation are almost more important given all the merch, theme park tie-ins, and future films they have in the works. When you look at a brand this large, it's more about the whole than a single film. SO SW is a bit immune to some extent to the usual pass/fail other movies face.

I don't know that they ever expected it to turn a profit given the budget blown on the reshoots.

But yeah, it's not doing well. If this is an isolated incident, they'll shrug it off. If Episode 9 and whatever follows it also fail financially, that's when we'll see a change in leadership.

I was referring to Vader in Solo. Not Rogue One. I agree that Maul even being resurrected at all is stupid after having been cut in half. Seriously, wanting to bash in people's skulls with a bat is not a healthy or even sane response to a movie discussion. Calm the hell down.

This is not the first time you've said some disturbed schit like this. You sound like a psychopath. Take a chill pill.

I had a guy wanting to strangle me with a bull rope over a simple film argument on YouTube once so there. You never said anything hateful in your life? Do you have a perfect life?

- - - Updated - - -

I was referring to Vader in Solo. Not Rogue One.

You need to be a lot more clear.

I never said anything out Rogue One in that post so I'm not sure why you thought I was.

Plus you're getting awfully defensive. We can have different opinions and still respect one another.

The Real Han Solo.jpg

Did I stumble into the THIS OLD HOUSE thread by mistake?
Well, the movie's not really interesting apparently so we've decided to discuss something that actually is.

Box Office: 'Solo: A Star Wars Story' Struggling to Hit $100M in U.S., Crashes Overseas

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...lo-a-star-wars-story-numbers-struggle-1114854
Wow, I figured this movie was probably going to bomb, but I didn't think it would be this bad.

I liked it but again no desire for repeated viewings. I thought Lando was the best. After the Kessel run, it got just slowed down and got weird to me.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back