Avengers: Infinity War (Post-release)

What did you think of Avengers: Infinity War?

• Total voters
I am beyond hype for Captain Marvel... Though I am still confused to how it, as well as Ant-Man amd the Wasp will tie in. I know Marvel’s movie is technically a prequeel, but where the hell has she been? I had assumed space, but not if Fury is signalling her. And is Ant-Man and the Wasp taking place in this post-IW world? Doesn’t seem like it.

And secondly, there was a point where I really, really really really wanted Led Zeppelin's The Immigrant Song to make an appearance. Once you've seen the film, you will know exactly which scene I mean.

It’s 100% criminal it wasn’t used in the exact spot I know you’re talking about.

I think the soul stone will be used to bring back most of the dead characters. A soul for a soul. Maybe Stark, Cap, Thor, and 1 or 2 more sacrifice themselves for the souls stone to bring back others like Spiderman, Black Panther, Scarlet Witch, etc.

I think everyone who ashed out from the Thanos snap will come back en masse early in IW2, otherwise you lose half the cast, many of them favorites. The fact T’Challa went out alone tells me this— They’ve justvestablished him.

But the legit deaths— Hiemdal, Loki, Gamora, and Vision... those will stick. The soul stone will give us one back probably, but if they over do it then it won’t feel legit.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing at the end. How they mowed down the Guardians of the Galaxy like that.

My friends were all talking, some crying by the end. I just sat there staring at the screen. They wondered if I went into shock for a second....lol.

Overall, I liked the movie a lot. It's amazing that they made this happen. But that ending just kicked me in the ***.

Spoiler warning!!!!!! Do not watch until you see IW!!!!!!

I really appreciate this guys attention to detail and awesome knowledge of Marvel lore. A few great points here that I didn't click to and many I agree. SOME film companies ought to use him to preview the movie scripts before they are even moved to production, he gets things right so often: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH2iDybSD8U

Wow, I thought this film was incredible. I didn’t expect it to actually live up to the hype. Far better than I as hoping.

That said, it’s not without flaws.
For one thing, I thought the Guardians (except Rocket) were off character, particularly Peter. The “pirate angel” bit was great, though.
For another, as Treadwell says above:
Yeah I'm not big on nano suits. Not that any of them are physically possible, but this just stretches supsension of disbelief, and just makes it too easy to write in it doing anything at all. Extra floaty bits or spider legs that come out of nowhere? Not a fan.
Didn’t like that they did this in Black Panther, and I presumed that Tony had improved his tech with theirs. Now 3 characters have magic suits that appear from nowhere.
Lastly, and the main thing that bugged me:
They used the “You’ll never get the stone, no matter how much _____ must suffer!” And then waffling to “here, just take it...” way too many times. Thanos got the space, soul and time gems with this strategy.

Incredible. This film grabs you by the throat and doesn’t let go. There is no fat in this movie.

One joke kept me laughing every time I thought about it was Drax and his “ability” to disappear by moving imperceptibly slow. I swear I’m going to get a bag of corn nuts just so I can annoy my wife repeatedly with that joke.

I think Starlord has become a progressively worse charscter with every appearance, and if I find myself laighing at something he does it's rarely because of the performance and more the writing or situation. He's not really anything like the 2008 DnA version that heavily influenced the movie versions and I mostly just find myself annoyed by him on screen. I think the rest of the Guardians are great though

Regarding the bad Ruffalo head CGI and the shots of Hulk from the trailers not being in the movie, I think this is due to reshoots. There are obviously plenty of toys released featuring things not in the movie, but I feel like these two toys represent what was originally supposed to happen in the third act before the directors changed their minds. I think the bad hulkbuster/Ruffalo CGI happened because this choice was made later in production and the VFX studios didn't have enough time to polish it up.

embed-5a9efeebe55c8.jpg

160223b.jpg

I've just seen it and most of what is discussed above is literally what I thought. They will bring most characters back, somehow. At least those who turned to dust. Strange sounds very confident about it being the only way and knowing they're in the endgame. He must've seen beyond the point where he turns to dust with the timestone. Another reason why it's very plausible that he's among those to be 'returned' is that Wong's (probably?) still around, and both Spiderman & Black Panther turned to dust but have sequels lined up.

I have to say, I loved Thanos as a character. Josh Brolin did very well and it was definitely Thanos' movie. But I don't know how to put my opinion on it. As in; I don't know what to feel or say about it. Mostly because it's so open ended, I can't really judge it without the sequel. That's how I feel at least. I thought they filmed the sequel at the same time as this one, but wew, this will be a lot of secret-keeping.

When's the next one coming out? :D

I loved the movie. Just a question though regarding the post credits clip.
What's the significance of the image on NF's device?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back