The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook

Okay— be warned. Solo spoilers...

Randy/Korbanth was told by somebody on the Solo crew that Vader has a cameo and that the saber on his belt is a new variation that basically looks like the MPP, but has Graflex bunny ears. In Randy’s latest newsletter there’s a render that’s his best-guess as to what that may look like.

B492F983-6A8E-4D6E-BEA5-A9D48B3A0FA2.jpeg

This is driving me crazy now. Someone either post with spoiler tags or DM me?

Edit: thanks Seth. I should've just waited one minute for you to post.

Thanks for those pictures. I'm still not sold on the black paint on the emitter.:D

I think the V3 may have been refurbished, possibly only partially. The reason I believe this, is the clean "booster" section, the bright copper paint on the neck. Whereas the V2 has remnants of black paint on it, and the copper/aged brass looks to have been added over the black. I know some think the V3 may have black paint on it. But to me it looks like it beat, and scuffed up, much like how the Yuma looked in its stunt form.

Regarding the emitter: Here is a closeup of the same shot. Definitely looks like black paint on the emitter to my eyes.
9f17c124c1d731f3fda7f35ce41c069d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Randy/Korbanth was told by somebody on the Solo crew that Vader has a cameo and that the saber on his belt is a new variation that basically looks like the MPP, but has Graflex bunny ears. In Randy’s latest newsletter there’s a render that’s his best-guess as to what that may look like.

View attachment 812316

could it this person be describing RotS style saber? It has silver bits on the back of the shroud that could be mistaken for "bunny ears"??

Are talking about the bit around the blade on the face of the emitter? The rest of the emitter so devoid of paint though:unsure

Oh yes, I assumed you meant face of emitter. Perhaps I misunderstood what you were looking at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yes, I assumed you meant face of emitter. Perhaps I misunderstood what you were looking at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that's what I'm talking about. I'm still not convinced that the V3 had remnants of black paint on the emitter, or the "booster". But it's hard to tell with black and white pictures.:(

could it this person be describing RotS style saber? It has silver bits on the back of the shroud that could be mistaken for "bunny ears"??

Possible. It all depends on how well-versed in saber lore the source is. It could all be bunk.

View attachment 812316

Oh wow! That's fugly :sick He're hoping that they go with it and we get to see some really screwed up saber. :lol I get tired of the pretty ones.

View attachment 812316
It's like they're purposely trying to ruin this movie on every level.

I've got agree with Anakin Starkiller on this one. That saber is ugly! I used to think the Sidious saber was most ugly one, but I've become more fond of it. I'm still hoping that this new saber is the Revenge of the Sith style.

I've got a question for everyone.

Which version of Luke's lightsaber does Lucasfilm consider canon? The book says that the Cave Build Hero is the one. And of course, the Creepy Uncle is based on that. But I noticed that starwars.com uses an image of the V2 and the new Battlefront series uses the V2. And a lot of the older games used the V3. Is there a definitive Luke saber?

I've got a question for everyone.

Which version of Luke's lightsaber does Lucasfilm consider canon? The book says that the Cave Build Hero is the one. And of course, the Creepy Uncle is based on that. But I noticed that starwars.com uses an image of the V2 and the new Battlefront series uses the V2. And a lot of the older games used the V3. Is there a definitive Luke saber?

They used the ROTJ hero for ages. It’s only been since the they threw the V2 a bone with the MR replica that it got a little love. I love they chose it for Battlefront. The “official” lightsaber guide still shows the ROTJ version (it’s literally the knocked out image from the archives book). But that guide also shows the skinnyflex as the Skywalker saber.

To be honest, I think they have a database of random images, and the art director for any given project just pics the one they like best.

This was stated in the book.

"This saber is also used as the belt-hanger on ROTJ’s promoimages, while not actually seen on film."

A really good one that I posted in another thread shows Vader ON set during filming with the hilt hanging from the belt. Why would the hilt not be there when the cameras were rolling to film the take needed for the film?!?!?! It was a promo photo but there is no evidence that it was taken long before or after filming. So I feel it is there with that one photo as solid proof.

That’s been amended in the upcoming draft. I always knew it was there, but we’ve only got decent photos recenly that made it my way.

But I’m not wrong— you don’t actually see it for more than a split second, and from a great distance, in the movie.

They used the ROTJ hero for ages. It’s only been since the they threw the V2 a bone with the MR replica that it got a little love. I love they chose it for Battlefront. The “official” lightsaber guide still shows the ROTJ version (it’s literally the knocked out image from the archives book). But that guide also shows the skinnyflex as the Skywalker saber.

To be honest, I think they have a database of random images, and the art director for any given project just pics the one they like best.

I'm not familiar with the book you are talking about. Could I get the full title?

And I feel like the V3 was used alot for Luke's lightsaber. At least back in the late 80s and early 2000s. The first Hasbro lightsaber saber was based on the V3. It was used in Jedi Knight 2. And every lightsaber wielding hero in old Battlefront series used it. And it was used in the Visual Guides.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back