Blues Brothers - How do non-Chicago people rate it?

There are a bunch of reasons why I should love The Blues Brothers film, but I don't. Here are just a few of those reasons:

* I love Belushi
* I love Ackroyd
* The movie has a ton of great quotes

And yet, the movie never really grabbed me. I never liked when Jake and Elwood played on SNL--it seemed terribly self-indulgent. And I didn't like when they played in the movie. Just not my style of music. They bored me when they were playing.

Now, obviously, they're not playing in the large majority of the movie, and so yes, I did enjoy some parts of that . But overall, I could never really get into it, no matter how much I tried. And believe me, I tried. My Dad loved it! And a lot of my friends loved it. So I saw it many times.

Didn't matter. It was such a thin premise for a movie, and I never looked forward to watching it. In contrast to contemporary films like Animal House, Caddyshack, Stripes, Vacation, Airplane, and Fletch--now THOSE were films I adored, and still do to this day.

The Wook

I think you will appreciate my longtime avatar at propsummit.com.

I think you will appreciate my longtime avatar at propsummit.com.

lpmmHLC.gif

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back