Yoda VD lightsaber discussion

Pretty sure the offset oil pan version is the original that Steve Dymszo put together for Ed Maggiani, and the parallel oil pan version is from a run that Steve did later.
I believe you're correct, sir. And dang, haven't seen a post from you in years!

Always loved that custom Mando Armor! When did you make that, 1998?

I remember I had your site bookmarked back then, so I could always go back and look at those photos of that getup. Awesome stuff.

I believe you're correct, sir. And dang, haven't seen a post from you in years!

Always loved that custom Mando Armor! When did you make that, 1998?

I remember I had your site bookmarked back then, so I could always go back and look at those photos of that getup. Awesome stuff.

Oh, I'm around...

And thanks very much! You have a good memory - it *was* 1998.

So I just finished this off after work tonight - it's a Bolsey that I first put together about 16 years ago. I figured it was about time for some final upgrades (only took me about 6 months to get around to 'em). I had already replaced the oil pan and grips a while ago with sjanish parts. Then a few months ago I scored a partially built Lamborghini kit on eBay for a pretty decent price. What finally put me over the top was the revelation of the chain ring bolts from the knife supply website. Shaving that down was a snap and I went ahead and ammonia fumed it overnight to dull it back down.

Yeah, it's not a Praco, and I think my PEM nut is a bit too thin, and I made the notch in the band a half-circle instead of square (the craftsman in me wouldn't allow it :lol) but I don't care - it's finally complete and I'm happy with it.

yoda saber final 01.jpg yoda saber final 02.jpg

yoda saber final 03.jpg

yoda saber final 04.jpg

So I just finished this off after work tonight - it's a Bolsey that I first put together about 16 years ago. I figured it was about time for some final upgrades (only took me about 6 months to get around to 'em). I had already replaced the oil pan and grips a while ago with sjanish parts. Then a few months ago I scored a partially built Lamborghini kit on eBay for a pretty decent price. What finally put me over the top was the revelation of the chain ring bolts from the knife supply website. Shaving that down was a snap and I went ahead and ammonia fumed it overnight to dull it back down.

Yeah, it's not a Praco, and I think my PEM nut is a bit too thin, and I made the notch in the band a half-circle instead of square (the craftsman in me wouldn't allow it :lol) but I don't care - it's finally complete and I'm happy with it.

View attachment 684927 View attachment 684928

View attachment 684929

View attachment 684930

Looks really great!

looks great! I like that DEC end cap

View attachment 684927 View attachment 684928

View attachment 684929

View attachment 684930

I thought that's what that was! Sure didn't look like any vintage endcap I've seen. It does look pretty!

Dark Energy Creations, who does the Han blaster kits, makes a "Praco" endcap for something like $40.

Guess what guys... it's a vintage endcap. From what, I'm not entirely sure. As you can see, it was painted (or anodized?) black at one time. When I got it, the bottom was heavily sanded, but the sides were as pristine as they are now. Not sure how to explain that.

yoda saber final endcap.jpg

So I bought a Yoda saber in the junkyard a while back - it was represented as being a Praco. This endcap and the stud being moved to the opposite side were enough to fool me. Oh well... at least I got a nice endcap out of it.

- - - Updated - - -

@halliwax and @D48thRonin ... well done guys ... this will urge me to start finishing my own Praco/Bolsey2 hybrid :)

Chaim

Yeah, c'mon - DO it!

Crazy! That's what my personal endcap was! Anodized black, just like that..I had to sand off the black using my lathe, which obviously dulled the knurling a bit.

That's crazy, man! Very cool!

And just a side note, the endcap was on a Bolsey flash!

Guess what guys... it's a vintage endcap. From what, I'm not entirely sure. As you can see, it was painted (or anodized?) black at one time. When I got it, the bottom was heavily sanded, but the sides were as pristine as they are now. Not sure how to explain that.

View attachment 685205

So I bought a Yoda saber in the junkyard a while back - it was represented as being a Praco. This endcap and the stud being moved to the opposite side were enough to fool me. Oh well... at least I got a nice endcap out of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, c'mon - DO it!

Crazy! That's what my personal endcap was! Anodized black, just like that..I had to sand off the black using my lathe, which obviously dulled the knurling a bit.

That's crazy, man! Very cool!

And just a side note, the endcap was on a Bolsey flash!

bingo! seeing that anodize tells me thats a bolsey 2 cap knurled!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back