Show your custom Lightsabers!

It sure came out sweet, though.

Wait, if it's a kill-key on the black & silver saber, then where is the activation button?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Ah! Well then, that certainly answers that. And it would have the added benefit of not accidentally shutting the saber off during spins and such. Nice.

I dig it. From that angle the scale of the 4 wide grips is working. How does it look from other angles?

I geuss it looks ok.
seems like theres too much horizontal elements (if standing upright) going on, and as mentioned already, the rubber rings seem to give it a "hardware saber" look which im trying to avoid.
trying to get fresh eyes on it and opinions.

I geuss it looks ok.

If there no gaps between them, I might like the look of those.

Good to see a fellow RPF member scored that Peak. It looks nice.

- - - Updated - - -

From the top down--

Canon Y/X flashguard
Heiland Shroud (only seen this cut a couple times)
Bulb socket emitter
King Sol body (wet sanded, scotch-brite-d)
King Sol Clamp and wheel
Lure tape
Aluminum bar grips, 2-.75" and 4-.5"
Pop Rivets
Black single rivet D-ring

My most favorite "SethSaber" so far. :thumbsup

If those bands were metal...

Yeah, already thought about that.
Just dont want to spend all the time cutting the metal and then it ends up looking like poop.
could cut tubing to make the grips metal and keep the metal silver instead of black.

Hmmm

- - - Updated - - -

If there no gaps between them, I might like the look of those.

Good to see a fellow RPF member scored that Peak. It looks nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Hehe.

unfortunately the dish holder on the top was missing (ill probably make a new one) and there was a hole drilled in the endcap that o didnt even notice .
it was pretty cheap so no biggie.

I second the no gaps. If you slide the rubber rings together, maybe add a fifth ring to fill the dead space, I think the contours of the rounded edges up against each other would look fantastic.

DARTH SABER

As it is, I'm not too keen on the horizontal grips at all. If their shape or pattern was repeated at the top, maybe I would think otherwise, but my eyes want to naturally run the length of the body of the flash but the grips on the end feel like it's impeding that movement. I don't think they're "bad" necessarily but had you a shroud or something up top that compliments the grips, that would sell it more.

Last edited by a moderator:
I geuss it looks ok.
seems like theres too much horizontal elements (if standing upright) going on, and as mentioned already, the rubber rings seem to give it a "hardware saber" look which im trying to avoid.

Hmm, yeah, if the edges were sharper it would help. (Or if they were metal, as others have said.) They look like they're rubber. Right now it does have something of a "motorcycle grip" feel to it. I'm still ok with the general scale of them though. They're thick and blunt, just like the rest of the saber. I might nudge them down, narrow the gaps between them and add an equal measure gap above the top one, just below the clamp. A minimalist shroud that matches the grips could tie it together too.

I started a WTB thread-- but my target audience is all here-- but if anyone wants to sell off a Heiland, or knock off Heiland shroud, hit me up. I'm not looking for the MPP style. It's for a custom so the lower-angled Heiland one is actually preferred-- or any shroud really. Seems like it's hard to get one by itself off ebay.

@DARTH SABER

As it is, I'm not too keen on the horizontal grips at all. If their shape or pattern was repeated at the top, maybe I would think otherwise, but my eyes want to naturally run the length of the body of the flash but the grips on the end feel like it's impeding that movement. I don't think they're "bad" necessarily but had you a shroud or something up top that compliments the grips, that would sell it more.

It will indeed have a shroud. Already have an idea for it but ned to purchase aluminum tube the right inner diameter online.

i was thinking that maybe if there was something to break up the shape of those tube grips it might help.
maybe cut them into quarters lengthwise and have a gap between each quarter.

still im not fond of rubber. Rubber tends to get brittle and decay after time.

I've been looking for alternates to grips but nothing I try ever feels right aside from t-track or metal bars. I'd love to find a horizontal alternative, but it's really tough. My problem with rubber is that the lines are never straight-- it's always a bit wobbly and uneven and lightsabers generally speaking have very defined lines.

Last edited:
Agreed, thumbs down to rubber. When I said they looked like rubber I meant it as a strike against em.

i was thinking that maybe if there was something to break up the shape of those tube grips it might help.
maybe cut them into quarters lengthwise and have a gap between each quarter.

So you'd have 16 squares affixed on?

I dunno, I kinda like em more the more I look at it. Could the flats and edges be sanded flatter and sharper and then maybe give em a good polish?

No, I think when he said lengthwise he meant cutting them down into 4 rings each. I say if he's going to do that, just find narrower bands or resort to o-rings. The more I look at these wide bands, the more they grow on me, too.

Does anyone have a preferred method of cutting circuit boards that doesn't make a huge mess. I've considered using a dremmel, but I don't want the powder everywhere and I don't have the steadiest hands in the world. Thanks!

Does anyone have a preferred method of cutting circuit boards that doesn't make a huge mess. I've considered using a dremmel, but I don't want the powder everywhere and I don't have the steadiest hands in the world. Thanks!

I use a die grinder or a dremel, but I recently bought one of those Excel mini miter saw boxes at Hobby Lobby and that'll be my new way of cutting them.

Agreed, thumbs down to rubber. When I said they looked like rubber I meant it as a strike against em.

So you'd have 16 squares affixed on?

I dunno, I kinda like em more the more I look at it. Could the flats and edges be sanded flatter and sharper and then maybe give em a good polish?

yes correct.
or i could simply cut them in half instead and have 8 squares, but the still leaves the issue that theyre rubber.
rubber is also hard file and cut ehen trying to leave smooth edges.

i may put this one on hold for awhile.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back