Millennium Falcon parts for 3d Printing

Hello,
Is it a project of pieces made in 3D printing , or have you already made ?
People among you, are they doing resins prints (cast?) of such parts or not at all?
Since the sealabIII is difficult to find or has exorbitant price...:wacko ... the M8 is much better, but perhaps more affordable!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I ask a favour Maruska? I'm experimenting with your Navcomm chair, re-scaled for the Deagostini 32" Falcon but am having huge issues with the GrabCAD export as .stl and have failed miserably in trying to convert the .stp file so that I can re-scale.

I note that some of your parts are available as .stl's on GrabCAD but not the Navcomm chair. Is there any chance you could add the .stl version to the downloads?

Can I ask a favour Maruska? I'm experimenting with your Navcomm chair, re-scaled for the Deagostini 32" Falcon but am having huge issues with the GrabCAD export as .stl and have failed miserably in trying to convert the .stp file so that I can re-scale.

I note that some of your parts are available as .stl's on GrabCAD but not the Navcomm chair. Is there any chance you could add the .stl version to the downloads?

In short, no.

Here's why (I think I cover this in an earlier post):

There are enough differences and idiosyncrasies between printer technologies, printer manufacturers, and printer service vendors that the permutations of STL's optimized for X would would be endless.

I could take a stab at it, but even with the pilot chair which is a fairly simple STL conversion, I get tons of requests for file modifications to that STL.

I knew when I started offering my work for free, I knew there would be support requests, but they are what they are.

I've tried to offer files that are both water tight and componentized to allow for easy modification. On a part like the Nav Chair, you may need to boolean the components together to work with your printer. My printer does not require this and deals with disjoint bodies well.

If you come-up with an STL that works well for you and a particular printer/vendor, I ask that you publish it back to the GrabCAD project and note what vendor you used and post a photo of the part so we can all learn and make use of it.

Cheers,
J.

Hello,
Is it a project of pieces made in 3D printing , or have you already made ?
People among you, are they doing resins prints (cast?) of such parts or not at all?
Since the sealabIII is difficult to find or has exorbitant price...:wacko ... the M8 is much better, but perhaps more affordable!

Yeah - it's the digital archive side of my project. These kits are becoming very rare, indeed.

I'll be posting the SeaLab parts to my GrabCAD project as STEP files when I'm done documenting them. The files are suitable for either printing or machining, but require a bit of knowledge of either to be useful.

And to be clear - I'm not doing the whole kit. I did the parts that relate to the Falcon, for sure - but also some other commonly needed parts for other builds.

Cheers,
J.

In short, no.

Here's why (I think I cover this in an earlier post):

There are enough differences and idiosyncrasies between printer technologies, printer manufacturers, and printer service vendors that the permutations of STL's optimized for X would would be endless.

I could take a stab at it, but even with the pilot chair which is a fairly simple STL conversion, I get tons of requests for file modifications to that STL.

I knew when I started offering my work for free, I knew there would be support requests, but they are what they are.

I've tried to offer files that are both water tight and componentized to allow for easy modification. On a part like the Nav Chair, you may need to boolean the components together to work with your printer. My printer does not require this and deals with disjoint bodies well.

If you come-up with an STL that works well for you and a particular printer/vendor, I ask that you publish it back to the GrabCAD project and note what vendor you used and post a photo of the part so we can all learn and make use of it.

Cheers,
J.
Understood and thanks for explaining the reasoning behind it. Keep up the great work.

Griffog,
G where did you find files please?
Personally, I downloaded the Print screen found on the site, such as plans ...
However, I have not 3D printer for now lol...

- - - Updated - - -

Thank's for informations Maruska, very very thinks :)

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, i have find...

Griffog,
G where did you find files please?
Personally, I downloaded the Print screen found on the site, such as plans ...
However, I have not 3D printer for now lol...

- - - Updated - - -

Thank's for informations Maruska, very very thinks :)

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, i have find...
Follow the link in Maruska's signature then click the Files Link on his site.

falcon.maruskadesign.com

Part 44! This was a squirrelly one...

MF_ANH_SeaLab_Parts_01.228.jpg

Part 69A and 69B...

MF_ANH_SeaLab_Parts_01.230.jpg

So what's left? I have a few of the fine grate details left on a few of the parts. Then double check my work and post to the archive! Woot!

As an aside. Here's the spreadsheet I've been using to keep track of the parts I've done. Since they're all checked-off (or at least the ones I'm doing), I figured I'd share...

Aurora SeaLab III Parts Listings.jpg

Cheers,
J.

Last edited:
are you adding these into the falcon model bit by bit? They look amazing.

Physically, yes. Digitally, probably not.

Although I'll probably do some digital layouts to get my plan together. I'll also digitally chop and cut many of the parts so I print only what I need to save a bit of money...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back