M19 telescope mhr 1942 build

There not going to be super cheap,, its a tough to make in steel time wise and it goes thru carbide tooling . alot of ops. ill cast these in the production build and they will be alot cheaper.... this run is limited !!! not my usual thing but ................ oooooooo wait till you see the custom tool i made to do the straight knurl ...

- - - Updated - - -

Ill post them on ebay i think there will be 27 of them

M19 project has begun,,,, I have recently obtained two very nice m19 scopes.. I have started to disassembly and and draw them up in master cam.... Parts will be machined on my Haas CNC machines and some will be metal castings... ill will start posting some pics to show the process....

View attachment 669853

View attachment 669854

- - - Updated - - -

Check out my e11 build site,,, i try to keep the pictures flowing everyday

http://www.warmachinepaintball.com/

Any idea what the screw size is for the three front flathead screws on an original?

43788316205_73b6942248_m.jpg

Hey Chris,
Question for you since you’ve disassembled a scope or two !

I picked up this M38, but the rear lens assembly doesn’t screw in all the way. Is even the right assembly? And if so, how do I screw it in all the way since it only seems to go so far... thanks!

9F5AB5D4-C5BC-45FE-AADE-04727E9207BB.jpegE4CAA8C5-A408-4936-BD2C-299247A427DB.jpeg

Hey Chris,
Question for you since you’ve disassembled a scope or two !

I picked up this M38, but the rear lens assembly doesn’t screw in all the way. Is even the right assembly? And if so, how do I screw it in all the way since it only seems to go so far... thanks!

View attachment 843075View attachment 843076

It looks like you have screwed in the lens assembly on the threaded end first. That needs t be screwed in the opposite way. The non-threaded end is inserted first. Once you do that, screw it in far enough so you can screw in the retainer ring. You might have to play with the depth of the lens assembly so the retainer ring sits flush with the scope tube opening.

Why are y'all taking your scopes apart?!

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

I disassembled my scopes so I could cast them part for part. Maybe edraven99 wanted to clean the lenses. I would agree it can be a risky job if you strip the notches while unscrewing the rings plus if you don’t re-assemble it correctly (fully taking out the prisms and central reticle) you can alter the optics. I have one scope I will never take apart and preserve as a collector’s piece.

It looks like you have screwed in the lens assembly on the threaded end first. That needs t be screwed in the opposite way. The non-threaded end is inserted first. Once you do that, screw it in far enough so you can screw in the retainer ring. You might have to play with the depth of the lens assembly so the retainer ring sits flush with the scope tube opening.

I disassembled my scopes so I could cast them part for part. Maybe edraven99 wanted to clean the lenses. I would agree it can be a risky job if you strip the notches while unscrewing the rings plus if you don’t re-assemble it correctly (fully taking out the prisms and central reticle) you can alter the optics. I have one scope I will never take apart and preserve as a collector’s piece.

Actually mine came that way when I bought it; it looks like it was a microscope conversion....

I thought that might be the case... but it looks like whomever did this also flipped the inner lens assembly... I'll have to see if I can reverse it...

Any suggestions as to what type of tool to use that might fit in this notches?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back