Hey Disney, give George Miller the Star Wars D and D trilogy

Mr Webber

Master Member
George Miller is a perfect fit for this new Star Wars series. He is a master director and the absolute master of action and set pieces. His ability to make the transition of one of cinemas most iconic characters to a new actor seamlessly and his management of criticism by some over his use of strong female characters displayed his absolute old school professionalism. Apart from his body of work and attitude he also does not use Twitter. How refreshing. And Chinese audiences love him to boot.

It would send an immediate signal to audiences around the world that Disney are serious about getting Star Wars back on track and lets face it, KK would never in a million years have the chutzpah to even consider firing him.

Not until I get one more Mad Max out of him.

Maybe SW needs a rest again too.

I`d love to see another if not several MM movies from him as well, in fact there should never be one made without him at the helm but they are up in the air and with the D and D trilogy full steam ahead, quality writing under the guidance of such a man as Miller could reinvigorate Star Wars and give it endurance for a long time to come. By all means keep making stuff with kids in mind but give the ones who actually buy the tickets something as well.

Let D&D keep their trilogy - I'm VERY interested in their take on Star Wars.
Give GM a trilogy of his own. Because I want his take, too. Very much, actually.

For ****'s sake, don't let RIAN make any more Star Wars movies!!!!!!!!

GM writing one as well? Very interesting. I dont think he has watched the OT for 12 hours a day and collected all the comics so I`m not sure he`s qualified.;)

tuxedo-obama-laughing-afp-640x480.jpg

He could write and direct a good film... and then have advisors fill him in on details and things he may not be aware of. Like Lucas did to Kershner in ESB.

Or if not George Miller, then consider Patty Jenkins or Matthew Vaughn or Ryan Coogler.

Or if not George Miller, then consider Patty Jenkins or Matthew Vaughn or Ryan Coogler.

All good choices but not in the same league. Although Miller writing sounds very exciting, its just not practical really mainly due to the time and risk involved. The D & D team have probably already started with their plan so bring in Miller now to work with them on it. At the very least get him to make the first one and set the bar high right from the get go.

The full segment used to be available on YT but not any more, too bad but this small part is a great example of Millers work and his brilliant casting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Took his advice and watched Fury Road in black and white. Visually amazing.

Still, can't wait to see what DnD and Rian will do with their trilogies.

Took his advice and watched Fury Road in black and white. Visually amazing.

Still, can't wait to see what DnD and Rian will do with their trilogies.

The film also translates well as a silent movie. A while back I had it on in the background with the sound down and had the soundtrack to The Last Temptation of ****** playing, all by accident by the way and I gotta say that many parts just worked perfectly together. GM is a genius. The thing that worries me though is that Disney are notorious tight ass`s and would shy at paying for such talent.

I've said this before but what he did with MM with Fury Road is exactly what the new Star Wars ought to have been. I'm not talking story, I'm not talking anything that superficially defines Fury Road; I'm talking about fundamentals. He took and combined all the best elements of the old and, rather than just straight up re-using them, he used them as a spring board to do something new, exciting, and richer. Miller's touch was that he fully immersed himself into detailing the mythos of the world, and mostly through visuals. That's where the brilliance comes in.

I honestly don't want him to do Star Wars because he did what it should have done with Fury Road. Fury Road is my new Star Wars, as far as I'm concerned.

yeah,i agree Poopa,Fury Road is a masterpiece.it's a masterclass in filmic resurrection.on and off the screen.
he brought a old but loved franchise/trilogy back from knowwhere and at a time in the film industry when movies were gettin a bit tired.gave the film industry a big wake up call.
and now Star Wars needs him more than ever.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back