Custom Boba Gonk!

I just caught this thread and I love what you've built here. What a fun idea and excellent job!

Thank you! He was a lot of fun to build. Feel free to PM me if you decide to build you own.

I upgraded the USB hub inside him this week. I was using a 5v DC powered HUB and I switched to 12v. The 5v was struggling to charge the iPhone consistently. The new hub added some extra punch and brightened up the LEDs in the rocket pod.

I also upgraded the iPhone 3G to a 3GS with a cracked screen to add to the weathering. The 3GS has more memory, portrait lock, and runs the YouTube app so now you can watch Gonk clips on the Gonk. I was also able to add the iPhone to the Find my iPhone app. Now I can track Boba Gonk anywhere on the planet just in case he takes off across the desert looking for his former master.

He's all done now. No more upgrades to do. (Unless I have any more crazy ideas.). lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It is very Impressive work and such awsome idea! :) I f i count kill stripes right it seems Gonk have more confirmed Kills then Boba :lol
And I'm thincking how a gong would look in Jango color scheme...
Great idea with tracking sustem, konwing droids in that universe I dare to say they are eager ro escape and work on theyr own.

Once again congratulations it or he is awsome:)

I have Jango costume (BH-13000) so it is very tempting to make such "side kick" on my own;)
Although I would rather keep him in Z-6 jetpack color scheme then silver and blues... Anyway I have few not finished projects and all I need in Gonk in progress on top of that :lol

This may be a dumb question, but oh well...

What did you use in your build as support material... it's not wood is it? It looks like styrofoam, but it has grain? Warpcell

Last edited by a moderator:
HAHAHA! - Just found this - awesome!! Great build, man! So many ideas, now - Sith-Gonks...Clone-Gonks...Storm-Gonks...Assassin-Gonks!!! Love it!

Hi NeoRutty,

His frame is built from PVC board that you can buy in planks at Lowes or Home Depot. I chose that medium because it takes bondo and paint well, is very dense, and will never rott or wick moisture. The bonus was in the added weight. He's nice and sturdy . I used 3" PVC sewer pipe for the legs and 3" to 1" step down couplers to mount them into the cross board in the lower bin. The internal bin rests on the cross board so all the weight is transferred to the feet. I also added 10lbs in rubber dumb bells in the front under the liner to keep him from tipping backwards when he is opened up. My rocket pod added a lot of weight. lol You have to really try to tip him over.

Here's the link...

http://www.lowes.com/pd_238347-45819-2827_1z0ry6bZ1z0viesZ1z140h4__?productId=50092316&pl=1

Hope this helps!

Douglas (Warpcell)

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you! Had a blast building him! @BardoFett

Last edited:
I upgraded the USB hub inside him this week. I was using a 5v DC powered HUB and I switched to 12v. The 5v was struggling to charge the iPhone consistently. The new hub added some extra punch and brightened up the LEDs in the rocket pod.

I also upgraded the iPhone 3G to a 3GS with a cracked screen to add to the weathering. The 3GS has more memory, portrait lock, and runs the YouTube app so now you can watch Gonk clips on the Gonk. I was also able to add the iPhone to the Find my iPhone app. Now I can track Boba Gonk anywhere on the planet just in case he takes off across the desert looking for his former master.

He's all done now. No more upgrades to do. (Unless I have any more crazy ideas.). lol

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back