ANOTHER Evil Dead Chainsaw Build... Groovy! Finished Pix Up!

Re: ANOTHER Evil Dead Chainsaw Build... Groovy!

Just got this in from Brian, (wonko)... The T clamp is cool... The grill is AWESOME!!!! Thank you for these, bro!! Getting closer to completion!
image.jpg

-B89!

Getting close! Building the wrist cuff next...

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

It's odd how tall the front support for the handle looks in the pics... It's not that tall in person. ;) And I must have some pretty big mits cause I can barely fit my hand in this bad boy!

Thanks for checkin' out the build!
-B89!

Last edited:

Continuing to look great man. Are you going to leave it clean, or weather it?. One thing I'd love for mine is a resin moulding of the side of the engine. I know someone here offered them, but I can't seem to find it again.

Thanks, buddy! Yeah, I'm planning to weather it... You can't have a clean ED chainsaw! ;)

-B89!

I have a hard time getting my hand in as well. I originally tried a larger clamp but it was just too big for the saw and looked awful and inaccurate. that's one of the reasons why I chose to go with a softer 'cuff' inside the clamp. Keeps all the skin on my hand lol. Looking good!!!

Brian

Thanks again, guys! Small update, got the wrist cuff asembled and ready to base coat (thanks again for the t clamp, wonko!!)... Getting closer!

image1.JPG

-B89!

Thanks for checking in, guys! I will positively be finishing this bad boy but it's on the back burner till Feb I'm afraid. I do set design and building for my "day job" and we have a big production coming up in mid Jan. that's got me slammed building set pieces. As soon as that's wrapped up I'll be making a b-line back to the cabin! ;)

Thanks again!
-B89!

I just caught this thread. I'm glad I did. Great work, here. Subscribed!

Thanks, my friend! Getting ready to get back on this and finish it up! :)

-B89!

Keep it up , I like it !

Well, if you insist! ;)

FINALLY was able to get back on this bad boy!! There's still one or two little details I want to address but this pretty much marks the end of the fabrication phase... now it's on to the really fun stuff!... Weathering and final assembly!

EDC15.jpgEDC14.jpgEDC13.jpgEDC12.jpgEDC11.JPG

Thanks again for the kind words of encouragement!! Hope you're diggin' how it's coming together!
-B89!

Nicely done buddy! That thing looks like it just came out of the box though lol. I have one that's brand new, never been used that still has the box, packaging, and instructions that I can't bring myself to hack apart. This is gonna look good weathered!

Brian

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back